There are 222 users in the forums

I want Dixon on the team in 2012

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Same. Don't trust him in the clutch.

Eh, what are you worried about? His clutch special teams play?

Brandon Jacobs is going to be the guy they go to in the clutch with the offense on the field in short yardage situations.

3rd & 1... I trust Jacobs way more than Dix.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Same. Don't trust him in the clutch.

Eh, what are you worried about? His clutch special teams play?

Brandon Jacobs is going to be the guy they go to in the clutch with the offense on the field in short yardage situations.

3rd & 1... I trust Jacobs way more than Dix.

Agreed it that! Dix is still suck and failed for 3rd & 1.. He is failed run the one yard...
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I like Anthony Dixon. I mean c'mon, what's not to like about him. Unless you are judgemental on the way someones looks or by what they're sceaming on twitter, you have a lot of good qualities to like about number 24. He has a competitive fire that we all see during games. He embraces competition with a positive attitude--hes used to it in his early career. I like a guy who loves what he is going and gives 100% no matter what he's called on to do.

What he excels at is special teams and he is always throwing his body into the mix on punt coverage, we know that. But I think we will see a big step from him because he wants to improve his play and he's working to earn his spot.

Yes, he hasn't averaged 4 yds per in his first two years, but why do people want to send him packing when he has upside. If he improves his inside vision and decisiveness hitting holes, we have a good punch with him and Hunter. Dixon has burst, and agility. He runs well outside the tackles and can run over cornerbacks.

I believe AD will make the team over Cartwright because of the potential alone, but also because he knows the system, knows his role, and he is a true team player who just wants to win. So we'll see. BIG DIX in 2012! RA RA

He knows whats at stake

I'm not 100% sure why, but I'm pulling for the guy too.
You gotta give him some props. Everyone counted him out, but he's been busting his ass and has put himself in position to possibly make the team. He came to camp in great shape, has worked hard, and even approached the coaching staff to learn how to play fullback. Great team guy and solid special teamer, plus he's much younger than Cartwright. He might actually make it.
Ya he's busting his ass now.

It's after he makes the team and someone else gets cut is what I'm worried about.

We already have cheerleaders. And they're better looking too.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Aug 28, 2012 at 6:11 PM ]
Did Dixon get fat since his college days or is it just me?
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Ya he's busting his ass now.

It's after he makes the team and someone else gets cut is what I'm worried about.

We already have cheerleaders. And they're better looking too.

This. Don't want him to make the team then let up.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Agreed it that! Dix is still suck and failed for 3rd & 1.. He is failed run the one yard...

Sometimes, a person says something that is more brilliant than they ever intended...
Dixon says he just takes coach's advice

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Dixon-Working-Not-Worrying/b6531f92-fa50-4ff9-9b77-b6c0600bca35

again, if it doesn't work out here because we have lots of talented players spread across the team....and its a #s game. At least teams will have good footage of the guy working hard through out these games and being most successful of what the team asked of him.

Even though the coaches are acting like he will make the team...
I hear the Lions are calling various teams asking about RBs. I can see Dixon back there helping pass protect for Stafford and then helping close out games if they are ahead.
Originally posted by susweel:
For a 5th string running back he sure gets a lot of attention.

I agree with sus on something. Is that one of the 7 signs?

6'1' 230 lbs and looks smaller. He seems to be stopped by arm tackles down at the ankles. Does not move the pile. The Rock brings it every game, a pros pro. He's committed to every play. Dixon has youth on his side, but in the Championship game he came up small. I'm for Rock and I approve this add.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
6'1' 230 lbs and looks smaller. He seems to be stopped by arm tackles down at the ankles. Does not move the pile. The Rock brings it every game, a pros pro. He's committed to every play. Dixon has youth on his side, but in the Championship game he came up small. I'm for Rock and I approve this add.

thats because The Rock is your cousin Rikishi
He still needs to get stronger he doesn't run as strong as his size. He will catch on with another team though bc of his preseason play. I hope.
Looks like he's a lock to make the team.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
He still needs to get stronger he doesn't run as strong as his size. He will catch on with another team though bc of his preseason play. I hope.

Lacks upper and lower body strength. Does not use his arms to displace people at the point of attack. Does not move the pile, Hesitates at the line. allows hole to close with alarming speed. Needs to improve his peripheral acuity. Often plays as if he wants to avoid physicality as he dances at the line. Develops alligator arms when coming out of the backfield and is thrown a pass. Needs to more firmly attach his chin strap. On the positive, has well maintained hair
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Aug 28, 2012 at 8:15 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone