There are 232 users in the forums

I want Dixon on the team in 2012

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
If we keep 5 RBs that will likely include Bruce Miller unless we keep only 5 WRs.

Gore
Hunter
Jacobs
James
Miller

Harbaugh already said there is a good chance they keep 5 running backs and 6 wide receivers. Guys like Colin Jones who don't have a true position are the real bubble guys right now.

I'm glad to hear that. I believe our best possible group of skill position players, not looking at special teams value, would include the five RB's I noted above plus Crabtree, Moss, Manningham, Jenkins, Williams and Ginn. I'm confident Seely can assemble another top-shelf special teams corps without Dixon and Cartwright.
Directed to the OP:

Actually i think his hair is cool, and i find his tweets amusing. I actually dislike the guy because of his route running, getting MAN handled 1 on 1 at the line of scrimmage, and 3rd being a terrible pass catcher, and i can throw in #4 doesnt move his feet and even when he does they are pedaling backwards.

He was drafted in the 6th round, let it go. B Jacobs will get the spot.
I agree with SundayTicket. He's as good as gone barring something shocking. Like Dixon out playing anyone but Hampton. Which regardless wouldn't matter because the RB Corp will end up Gore, Hunter, James & Jacobs. FB is of course Miller.
I don't think he'll make the team...not unless he out-performs every other RB and out ST's Cartwright. Too much talent & depth now...he had a couple of seasons to improve and really didn't. There are other guys who can take his place on ST's.
Bump.

I guess I'm going to get my wish. The guys not the best running back that we've seen, but you have to admit, he is working his butt off.
Still dont want, lol
ST/HB/FB

Congrats to him for busting ass and working his way on the team.

BIG DIX 2012!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Still dont want, lol

Good thing he's still only gonna be the 5th running back on the depth chart, then.

I guess he'd be the second string FB, though. Stay healthy Miller!
He is a great hype man on special teams, but a horrible running back, imo. I dont care how big he is, he doesn't run that way and has very little vision. He just seems to get stuck behind the line and is slow hitting holes.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Doesnt Matter....

Frank Gore
Kendall Hunter
Brandon Jacobs
LaMichael James
Anthony Dixon
Rock Cartwright
Jewel Hampton

We'll be keeping 4 at the very max... Either Jacobs is really slow or Anthony Dixon has vastly improved for Boobie to make the team... I like him too but we are stacked.

your wrong, they will keep some ST players and Dix, Roc, and Colin Jones are fighting for that

• mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Doesnt Matter....

Frank Gore
Kendall Hunter
Brandon Jacobs
LaMichael James
Anthony Dixon
Rock Cartwright
Jewel Hampton

We'll be keeping 4 at the very max... Either Jacobs is really slow or Anthony Dixon has vastly improved for Boobie to make the team... I like him too but we are stacked.

your wrong, they will keep some ST players and Dix, Roc, and Colin Jones are fighting for that

you are right, but that comment was made 2 months ago and my understanding at the time was that harbaugh was gonna have both Dixon and Jacobs fight it out for the short yardage back. I think Dixon has worked hard enough and found a niche as the backup RB/FB and ST.

He's made himself more valuable than Rock Cartwright I think.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Still dont want, lol

Same. Don't trust him in the clutch.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Same. Don't trust him in the clutch.

Eh, what are you worried about? His clutch special teams play?

Brandon Jacobs is going to be the guy they go to in the clutch with the offense on the field in short yardage situations.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
For a 5th string running back he sure gets a lot of attention.
No Dix on my team......never.....only pu$$y......hahaha
Share 49ersWebzone