LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

I want Dixon on the team in 2012

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I agree that Dixon's short yardage running really is his weakness. If Jacobs gains the explosiveness back that he had early in his career I really dont see how Dixon keeps his job. Gore, Hunter,LMJ, and Jacobs is a pretty crowded and talented stable of RBs. I think he ends up not making the team and being a backup somewhere.
I honestly hope he beats out cartwright also and we keep 5 rbs
If he stays, it will be because of ST ability and Rock Cartwright will be the odd man out. He still has to improve as a RB, especially in short yardage situations. He is in a dogfight for his job. Wonder if he has what it takes......
He has too much to prove to just be let go with his inexpensive contract. Jacobs and Cartwright are the. Players that need to prove themselves to unseat Dixon. Cartwright doesn't have much left and may have only been brought in as insurance until other specialteamers step into place.

If Dixon is indeed showing good ability, then Cartwright is the one that's expendable.
I have nothing against the guy, so let the best man win. I am glad to see them stack up the competition for a roster spot. But if he doesn't beat the other guys for a job, then see ya, no hard feelings.
Originally posted by HoRneR:
I honestly hope he beats out cartwright also and we keep 5 rbs

If we keep 5 RBs that will likely include Bruce Miller unless we keep only 5 WRs.

Gore
Hunter
Jacobs
James
Miller
I want Dixon on the team
RB Corps:
#1 Frank Gore
#2 Kendall Hunter
#3 LaMichael James
#4 Brandon Jacobs

Special Teams/Fullback: (?)
Rock Cartwright

Cut:
Anthony Dixon

Practice Squad: (?)
Jewel Hampton

Out of all of them it will be Dixon and Hampton who will probably get cut. I just don't see Jacobs screwing up enough to lose his place on the roster. Hampton might be a practice squad back though at the same time. Cartwright will be special teams.

I dunno...that's just me.
[ Edited by Candlestick_Monsta on Jun 11, 2012 at 8:59 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Candlestick_Monsta:
RB Corps:
#1 Frank Gore
#2 Kendall Hunter
#3 LaMichael James
#4 Brandon Jacobs

Rock Cartwright

Cut:
Anthony Dixon

Jewel Hampton

Out of all of them it will be Dixon and Hampton who will probably get cut. I just don't see Jacobs screwing up enough to lose his place on the roster. Hampton might be a practice squad back though at the same time. Cartwright will be special teams.

And i think i agree. You seem to be wise beyond your posts and little red boxes

RB Corps:
#1 Frank Gore
#2 Kendall Hunter
#3 LaMichael James
#4 Brandon Jacobs

Rock Cartwright

Cut:
Anthony Dixon

Jewel Hampton

Originally posted by cciowa:
RB Corps:
#1 Frank Gore
#2 Kendall Hunter
#3 LaMichael James
#4 Brandon Jacobs

Rock Cartwright

Cut:
Anthony Dixon

Jewel Hampton

RB Corps:
#1 Frank Gore
#2 Kendall Hunter
#3 LaMichael James
#4 Brandon Jacobs

Rock Cartwright

Cut:
Anthony Dixon

Jewel Hampton

haha thanks, I try.

Originally posted by cciowa:
RB Corps:
#1 Frank Gore
#2 Kendall Hunter
#3 LaMichael James
#4 Brandon Jacobs

Rock Cartwright

Cut:
Anthony Dixon

Jewel Hampton

RB Corps:
#1 Frank Gore
#2 Kendall Hunter
#3 LaMichael James
#4 Brandon Jacobs

Rock Cartwright

Cut:
Anthony Dixon

Jewel Hampton

haha thanks, I try.

What about Miller? I'm assuming he's the starting FB and Cartwright is the backup.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
What about Miller? I'm assuming he's the starting FB and Cartwright is the backup.

good god, that is true. you can not forget about miller.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Good point. Dunno why I forgot him.

Yeah though, Cartwright would definitely be a backup no doubt.
Why???............he's the ugliest Cheerleader the 49ers have...........we have pleanty of cheerleaders (gold rush) out there for us on sunday's...........i think he's doomed unless they only use him as a special team player as a RB he is done here
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
If we keep 5 RBs that will likely include Bruce Miller unless we keep only 5 WRs.

Gore
Hunter
Jacobs
James
Miller

Harbaugh already said there is a good chance they keep 5 running backs and 6 wide receivers. Guys like Colin Jones who don't have a true position are the real bubble guys right now.
Share 49ersWebzone