LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

I want Dixon on the team in 2012

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I wish Al Davis was still alive because we could probably trade Dixion to the Raiders for a high 3rd round pick! LMAO!
Originally posted by kronik:
I'll take a chance on Dixon over Cartwright. Younger, bigger, cheaper and a little more versatile

I'd take Dixon over Cartwright.
Dixon has actually played really well in the preseason. And he's a fantastic special teams player. I'm just not sure there is room enough for him on the 53 with all the guys we got to keep. Somebody has to go. Probably Josh Johnson and Dixon could be strongly on the buble.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Same. Don't trust him in the clutch.

Eh, what are you worried about? His clutch special teams play?

Brandon Jacobs is going to be the guy they go to in the clutch with the offense on the field in short yardage situations.

3rd & 1... I trust Jacobs way more than Dix.

Did you forget to read my whole post?

I know it was really long, so it's hard to stay focused.

Try again and see if you can do it.

There's a lot of babble about trading Dixon to the Lions, since all of their running backs are on IR or limping. I don't know if it'll be us, but *someone* is going to do very well with that trade in terms of the compensation they get...especially with Green Bay and a resurgent Chicago in Detroit's division...
Same. Don't trust him in the clutch.

Eh, what are you worried about? His clutch special teams play?

Brandon Jacobs is going to be the guy they go to in the clutch with the offense on the field in short yardage situations.

3rd & 1... I trust Jacobs way more than Dix.

Did you forget to read my whole post?

I know it was really long, so it's hard to stay focused.

Try again and see if you can do it.

Wodwo NickSh49
Another strong game tomorrow night might get him on the roster. Watching him and Cartwright Sunday at Mile High, they both had good games. One of 'em won't make the team, though. Too bad it's taken Dixon being on the bubble to get him to run hard. He just needs to quit dancin' at the hole and bust through it, like he did in Denver on a consistent basis.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Dixon always plays well in the pre season.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I like Anthony Dixon. I mean c'mon, what's not to like about him. Unless you are judgemental on the way someones looks or by what they're sceaming on twitter, you have a lot of good qualities to like about number 24. He has a competitive fire that we all see during games. He embraces competition with a positive attitude--hes used to it in his early career. I like a guy who loves what he is going and gives 100% no matter what he's called on to do.

What he excels at is special teams and he is always throwing his body into the mix on punt coverage, we know that. But I think we will see a big step from him because he wants to improve his play and he's working to earn his spot.

Yes, he hasn't averaged 4 yds per in his first two years, but why do people want to send him packing when he has upside. If he improves his inside vision and decisiveness hitting holes, we have a good punch with him and Hunter. Dixon has burst, and agility. He runs well outside the tackles and can run over cornerbacks.

I believe AD will make the team over Cartwright because of the potential alone, but also because he knows the system, knows his role, and he is a true team player who just wants to win. So we'll see. BIG DIX in 2012! RA RA

He knows whats at stake

didn't read. lol

who is this n00b?
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place

Anthony Dixon's preseaon highlights. They want him as a power back. A 3rd and 2 run over you power back. Not someone who moonwalks behind Bruce Miller. Rock does that and is a better Special Teams player. I'd let Rock hold it down until Jacobs gets back. Dixon is getting cut.

The only reason he's around is to gets us through a useless preseason game.

I feel that dixon will eventually be a good player.I would keep dixon just in case brandon jacobs has an injury.
Keep Cartwright , he is a better ST player, and could return kicks if we needed him , he brings more value to the team

some want Dixon kept around for a short yardage back??? ...if he had been effective in that role the past three seasons, then we wouldnt have went out and got Jacobs

plus Dix wont get any touches with 4 other RB's ahead of him, and dont get me wrong, I like the guy, maybe he will have a chance to play a lot more if the Lions grab him
I'm wondering if the 49ers might be pumping up Dixon in the press to maximize trade value. If there's no trade action on Dixon it's going to be a tough call.

imagine
Dix will run for 1,000 yards
Share 49ersWebzone