There are 48 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Colin Kaepernick

• boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I still trip that we traded up for this guy.

i know, right
Reminds me of Troy Smith, except his throwing motion reminds me of Tim Tebow

Physical ability. Harbaugh figured he could mold him into a player. If kaep gets the game down mentally he will be dangerous. Right now I would rather have Scott as our #2.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran

You once thought kevin riley could be a second round pick. It's the first preseason game
Originally posted by toeshawn:
You once thought kevin riley could be a second round pick. It's the first preseason game

i think the point is its his 4th and its been 1 whole season

i did not see much improvement at all from last year
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by boast:

i know, right

I probably would've been content with drafting Kaepernick in the 5th or 6th round. They should've tried harder to trade up for Andy Dalton.

Hope Kaepernick signed for 10 years, seems like its gonna take him a lot longer to adjust to this offense.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Yeah and he hasn't gotten any real action until now.

#kaepexcuses

But really, you guys defend alex to death for seven years but quit on colin after very limited play time
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Seriously TO did Riley get the kind of shot Kaepernick is getting?? No, so your reply is irrelevant.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Yeah and he hasn't gotten any real action until now.

#kaepexcuses

But really, you guys defend alex to death for seven years but quit on colin after very limited play time

No one is quitting on anyone, where just criticizing him, well deserved too.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran

i know, right

Harbaugh can't evaluate players
Originally posted by BayAreaNinersFan:
A lot of talk about how Kaep isn't very effective in the pocket, while Tolzien seems to be mentally ahead of Colin. Tolzien seems to be a Shaun Hill type, he will move the chains for us and keep defenses on their toes by having good pre-snap awareness.

Kaep still looks a bit lost when in the pocket, but his accuracy has improved beyond doubt. He wouldn't have completed the pass to Jenkins last year. That was money, and his arm strength and athleticism were on showcase.

That is why Harbaugh has made him our #2, of course for now at least. Kaepernick will leave a lot to be desired if he's forced into a starting role, but his athleticism is what gives him the edge over Tolzien. When we play real defenses during the regular season, Kaep will make plays with his feet and as such could be a nightmare for opposing DC's. Also, his cannon of an arm is a fact to be feared in itself. More likely a DC will drop a Safety back with him behind center vs Tolzien, which aids our running game. I like Tolzien a lot, but I feel like our offense is limited with him in similar fashion to Shaun Hill.
it is not if they keep a mlb spy

he is fast but he is not elusive

if we put kaep we will be limited to option offense like broncos in 2011 or we have to roll out every play

this team is still a run orientated offense....and if we lose Alex, then it will be even more of one....so with Kaep, defense would have to worry about the bootlegs along with our regular running game. We would not be able to use Scott to his best abilities. Most of our passes last year had wide open players because of playactions or first read plays or checkdowns. I think Kaep can come in and do what was asked of Alex early in the 2011 season...don't turn the ball over and hit the open man on the first read.

If we were to open up the offense, then yes based off what we have seen from Colin and Scott this year and last year...Scott should be more succesfull, especially with all the weapons we have. But if we go into *oh sheeet backup QB mode*..and run run run....run playaction run...playaction run run........in their view Kaep still might be the best option to keep it close and win us games.

also like someone else mention, if they think highly of Kaep...by having him as #2 on the depth chart he would get the need reps to be brought along in the long run...where as they probably already have a feel of what they will get from Scott....and if Kaep did have to go in..well he might be on a 2 game leash, because of Scott's passing ability,

i know, right
well....its not like we invested a #1 overall pick on the guy and 24mill up front....like other QBs that have entered this league..

its not all that bad. He had a pretty good first preseason game.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Afrikan:

i know, right
well....its not like we invested a #1 overall pick on the guy and 24mill up front....like other QBs that have entered this league..

....as a RB.

i know, right

....as a RB.
so you just ignore his completed passes right?...expected.
so you just ignore his completed passes right?...expected.

i dont think he completed a pass in the pocket