There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Colin Kaepernick

Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Not saying it's the truth, just asking for a link that says Kaep. and I quote 49ersheroin. "The media?reporters only have a few hours a week to see the team. Plus they say JJ is excellent at passing drills. But CK7 is the best out of the 4 qbs in 11 on 11 scrimmages"

Where have the media ever said that? Simply asking for a link that was never provided. Again not calling the guy a liar, but I would like to know if this is the truth and where he found this. Again not that difficult, not hating on Kaep. or anything, just asked for a link.

I seem to remember them saying that (or actually one reporter saying it) during one practice session a while back. I think it was Grant Cohn who said that during that particular day Kaep looked the best. I also believe that one of the Matt's kind of discounted that opinion in their own report later that day.

So maybe one of these guys that is a huge Kaep fan kind of took that one report and ran with it.

Ah, that could explain why I never saw it. I don't read anything from either Cohn. They are both full of crap. Seeking only to stir controversy. Slimeball tactics to generate hits on their articles.
  • kush
  • Veteran
Lot of mixed opinions coming from the beat writers but that's what you should expect. I know Barrows has been praising Kaep more than the others however and he thinks Kaep has gotten into a really good groove (via twitter).
  • kush
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Ah, that could explain why I never saw it. I don't read anything from either Cohn. They are both full of crap. Seeking only to stir controversy. Slimeball tactics to generate hits on their articles.

The magic of google and spending 10 seconds looking

The link above is the GrAnt Cohn article stating Kaepernick was the best QB on the field tht day (jun 14th) and in 11 on 11s. On June 5th, Cohn has another article stating Kaepernick was the best that day as well.
[ Edited by kush on Aug 2, 2012 at 9:55 AM ]
  • kush
  • Veteran
From yesterday-

@mattbarrows Yes -- he's been in a real groove lately @nickcooper89 so is Kaepernick looking good?
There seems to be conflicting reports regarding Kaep's progress. Some (like Barrows and G. Cohn) see him improving, while others (Maiocco) see him as only a insurance policy for Alex.

My hope is he can become the face of the franchise within 3 years, but my excitement is waning.
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Aug 2, 2012 at 10:16 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
There seems to be conflicting reports regarding Kaep's progress. Some (like Barrows and G. Cohn) see him improving, while others (Maiocco) see him as only a insurance policy for Alex.

My hope is he can become the face of the franchise within 3 years, but my excitement is waning.

Adam Schlefter ‏@AdamSchlefter My sources from 49ers camp say that Collin Kaepernick has out played starter Alex Smith so far in camp.
Originally posted by susweel:

Adam Schlefter ‏@AdamSchlefter My sources from 49ers camp say that Collin Kaepernick has out played starter Alex Smith so far in camp.

with or without the "L"

Improving could still mean he has been outplayed by Alex

And that Cohn article was from ota and minicamp when it was reported Alex was trying to do something new with mechanics
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Aug 2, 2012 at 10:22 AM ]

Who's account it that hahah? Anyway, Alex is still by far the best QB on the roster.
[ Edited by Sjceruti on Aug 2, 2012 at 10:25 AM ]
  • kush
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Improving could still mean he has been outplayed by Alex

And that Cohn article was from ota and minicamp when it was reported Alex was trying to do something new with mechanics

Naw man it was the last practice of minicamp or otas. Plus CK was also working on a slightly altered technique.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:

Who's account it that hahah? Anyway, Alex is still by far the best QB on the roster.

dude Adam is always on the money.
When the bullets start flying, we'll see who out plays who. I'm sure it'll be quite different when Kaep is getting rushed.

Is that your fake account?

no, its the Adam dude from espn.

no, its the Adam dude from espn.

Good one.