There are 216 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

perplexed he hasnt announced it yet. when it comes down aldons appeal will allow him to play in the first couple of games probably.
Originally posted by natrone06:
My biggest fear with the whole thing is about the airport incident. If Aldon tells the comish that he's been sober since rehab and they investigate and it turns out he wasn't that could really effect his suspension.

LAX is done. Plus how would they go about investigating if he was drinking? unless they gave him a breathalyzer that day, there is no way to determine if he had been drinking that day.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
My biggest fear with the whole thing is about the airport incident. If Aldon tells the comish that he's been sober since rehab and they investigate and it turns out he wasn't that could really effect his suspension.

LAX is done. Plus how would they go about investigating if he was drinking? unless they gave him a breathalyzer that day, there is no way to determine if he had been drinking that day.

Good ell has a delorean
The LAX "incident" is a non-issue.

Its done legally but not in the NFLs eyes neccesarily. All it takes is a investigator from the NFL to talk to a bartender that served him. And if you think the NFL doesn't have investigators you are fooling yourself.

Its done legally but not in the NFLs eyes neccesarily. All it takes is a investigator from the NFL to talk to a bartender that served him. And if you think the NFL doesn't have investigators you are fooling yourself.

Goodell asking a bartender if he served Aldon a drink would never hold up, he could never punish based on a rumor. The NFLPA would put a hit out on him if he tried using that.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Wait. It's against NFL policy to have a drink at a bar? Drinking beer and eating at McDonald's. This is what Aldon is being persecuted for?

Contrast this with knocking a woman out and dragging her lifeless corpse across the floor. This generation seems to have things a little backwards. I don't know if it is the violence in movies and video games, but there is something deeply disconcerting about society when written law is placed above unwritten virtue.

Pretend there is no law for a moment.

Aldon Smith's crimes against humanity consist of running his car into a tree, and becoming angry when being arrested for no reason at a McDonald's. These are the only two things he has done that have had an effect on other peoples lives. Those are facts. Everything else is theoretical.

Ray Rice knocked a woman out with violence, and, out of fear for HIMSELF, he dragged her across the ground.

Tree > Woman?
Anger > Violence?

What exactly is going on here?
Originally posted by btthepunk:
The LAX "incident" is a non-issue.

This! Only thing Roger should ding him for is the guns and even those were reduced to misdemeanors.

Hell yeah they do. The NFL has it's own security service staffed with retired FBI/Secret Service types that investigate such things. They had of team of em looking into the Saints bounty-gate debacle.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Wait. It's against NFL policy to have a drink at a bar? Drinking beer and eating at McDonald's. This is what Aldon is being persecuted for?

Contrast this with knocking a woman out and dragging her lifeless corpse across the floor. This generation seems to have things a little backwards. I don't know if it is the violence in movies and video games, but there is something deeply disconcerting about society when written law is placed above unwritten virtue.

Pretend there is no law for a moment.

Aldon Smith's crimes against humanity consist of running his car into a tree, and becoming angry when being arrested for no reason at a McDonald's. These are the only two things he has done that have had an effect on other peoples lives. Those are facts. Everything else is theoretical.

Ray Rice knocked a woman out with violence, and, out of fear for HIMSELF, he dragged her across the ground.

Tree > Woman?
Anger > Violence?

What exactly is going on here?

My point was about if Aldon lied to the commish about being sober when he wasn't it could effect his suspension. I don't think that's crazy to think. 49ers are basing a lot of their thoughts about how long he should be suspended based on his time in rehab. If his time in rehab didn't seem to alter Aldons behavior the commish might deem a harsher penalty more necessary.
My point was about if Aldon lied to the commish about being sober when he wasn't it could effect his suspension. I don't think that's crazy to think. 49ers are basing a lot of their thoughts about how long he should be suspended based on his time in rehab. If his time in rehab didn't seem to alter Aldons behavior the commish might deem a harsher penalty more necessary.

I understand your point. I am just trying to point out the absurdity of the whole situation.

If he lied to the commish, obviously that would not be good, but why should the commish be concerned about him having a drink at a bar? He wasn't under probation. He never promised Goodell anything. The man has a right to have a flipping drink at a bar. It's not like alcohol is a banned NFL substance.
This s**t is taking forever!
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
This s**t is taking forever!

Heard Maiocco on PFT earlier. Said a decision should be made any day now. Probably after Sunday's national televised game against the Chargers. NFL doesn't want the discussion to be all about Aldon during the game.
Share 49ersWebzone