LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 312 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Anyway, back to football. Saw this from the article:

Quote:
Smith, 22, played every defensive snap of Sunday's game and finished with seven tackles, a sack, a tackle for loss and a quarterback hit.

Does anybody know what the count is on the position breakdown he lined up at?

No idea on the positional breakdown, but he did seem to play DE a lot. But he should be credited with 2 sacks. Because one of Brooks' sacks got overturned (on the play were Stafford ran backwards even farther after being down already and Detroit challenged the play and won the first sack.)

Not sure if and when they'll fix it, but that was all Aldon.

Ray Mac actually tripped his feet up if you watch the replay.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BSofSF:
I'm not buying it. Why if someone goes to a trauma center with a broken back would you say that both parties walked away from the crash, no injuries, everything's good. Maybe it was just as they said, an accident caused avoiding a deer, but why lie about the injuries? Also, the comment he made in Barrows article ... if I saw a pattern of bad behavior from a teammate but they were performing on the field, I wouldn't care (paraphrasing). This guy has bad judgment.

he gets in a wreck after swerving to miss a deer and its bad judgement. the only bad judgement that was used is when the driver opted not to hit the deer and swerved.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by sfout:
Out here in Utah it is pretty bad too, California still has some pretty mountainous and forest filled terrain so it doesn't surprise me. I almost hit 1 a couple of weeks ago but luckily I had seen the whole family about 100 feet out as already slowing down but right as I got close one of them did a standing 180 jump out 10 feet into the road right in front me. Stopped about 5 feet from it

shouldn't they have some fences or something so the deer won't be on the road?
the4y jump right over the fence lines. besides peta or someone will probably pitch a fit that you could endanger the deer. now i would like to know if they got to keep the deer. in iowa the law is that if you hit a deer you can keep it or it goes to a program called hush which basically gives it to homeless shelters. chili with deer meat is to die for!!
I think a lot of you need to get off his ass. How is someone else driving and having an accident his fault? That said I think Baalke should consider getting him a driver.
Originally posted by AUniner:
I think a lot of you need to get off his ass. How is someone else driving and having an accident his fault? That said I think Baalke should consider getting him a driver.

DUI:

"It was his first time"

Stabbed/Shooting:

"Its not his fault, he can't control who shoots and stabs people at his own party."

Accident:

"Its not his fault he was in someone elses vehicle which crashed into a tree. The guy broke his back but Aldon is ok."

If someone doesn't get on his ass he's going to end up in jail or dead.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Sep 18, 2012 at 4:29 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

DUI:

"It was his first time"

Stabbed/Shooting:

"Its not his fault, he can't control who shoots and stabs people at his own party."

Accident:

"Its not his fault he was in someone elses vehicle which crashed into a tree. The guy broke his back but Aldon is ok."

dude is unbreakable
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
DUI:

"It was his first time"

Stabbed/Shooting:

Accident:

i am totally on board with you in bullet points one and two.. i really do not think you can t blame him for the crash cuz the driver hit a deer. it happens all the time. i really think its just bad luck
Originally posted by cciowa:
i am totally on board with you in bullet points one and two.. i really do not think you can t blame him for the crash cuz the driver hit a deer. it happens all the time. i really think its just bad luck

True but there are factors to consider.

Do we know what time this was? 3:00AM or 1:45 PM.

Also, do we know who he was with? An old college teammate just in an accident? Or a reckless, troubled childhood friend who has a history of stupid behavior such as excessive speeding?

With all these issues, it just seems he is surrounding himself with the wrong crowd.
Ok, 1 & 2 I agree. DUI is just fkn stupid - I think everyone can agree here. Getting stabbed at party - FFS keep your head down. Don't get involved in others problems coz you've got too much to lose.

3 though... a deer jumps out on front of you. I can understand how someone would want to avoid the collision even if it's not the right thing to do. Not everyone does defensive driving courses. Could happen to anyone. Like I said Baalke should consider getting him/rest of the team a driver.

DUI:

"It was his first time"

Stabbed/Shooting:

Accident:

Why would you get on his ass because they was driving home. You do realize they was just driving home? no alcohol, nothing accidents happen and this was one. all the others(DUI and Stabbing) was under his control.

Ok, 1 & 2 I agree. DUI is just fkn stupid - I think everyone can agree here. Getting stabbed at party - FFS keep your head down. Don't get involved in others problems coz you've got too much to lose.

3 though... a deer jumps out on front of you. I can understand how someone would want to avoid the collision even if it's not the right thing to do. Not everyone does defensive driving courses. Could happen to anyone. Like I said Baalke should consider getting him/rest of the team a driver.

he wasnt driving.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
he wasnt driving.

Yeah I know. I can't understand how ppl are trying to blame Aldon especially when he wasn't behind the wheel.

Young2Rice seems like he's making up a lot of assumptions.
There are a lot of things to be envious about when it comes to being a nfl player. But I can not imagine having everything I did in my early twenties scrutinized to this level. Who has good judgement at 22? I didnt know anyone?
[ Edited by natrone06 on Sep 18, 2012 at 5:13 PM ]
Originally posted by natrone06:
There are a lot of things to be envious about when it comes to being a nfl player. But I can not imagine having everything I did in my early twenties scrutinized to this level. Who has good judgement at 22? I didnt know anyone?

They have a right to call him out when they have the magical power of extraordinary hindsight
[ Edited by DirtyP on Sep 18, 2012 at 5:43 PM ]
Originally posted by SF4EVA:

DUI:

"It was his first time"

Stabbed/Shooting:

Accident:

Why would you get on his ass because they was driving home. You do realize they was just driving home? no alcohol, nothing accidents happen and this was one. all the others(DUI and Stabbing) was under his control.

Like i said to the other poster. We don't know the circumstances. Was he with his uncle driving home from church around noon?

Or was he with his parollee friend at 3:00AM going to b***he's house? There is a difference.

I only am concerned because this is the third incident. Who does he hang out with?
Share 49ersWebzone