LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by BrianGO:
It's really sad the society will live in feels that violence is not a big deal, but breaking the "rules" is a big deal.

That is very similar to how Hitler got into power. The Nazi Party was all about being violent, but as long as you followed the rules and did as you were told, you were a "good citizen" and a patriot.
This type of thought process is not only wrong, but it is evil. It sickens me to the core to think that the NFL is acting as a proxy to this kind of evil.

If Aldon Smith receives a greater suspension than Ray Rice, then the NFL is de facto, EVIL. I will never look at the NFL the same way again, and will do everything in my power to boycott any products advertised through the NFL. I would suggest others do the same.

It might be time for you to take a step back from being a fan anyway?
Originally posted by natrone06:
It's really sad the society will live in feels that violence is not a big deal, but breaking the "rules" is a big deal.

That is very similar to how Hitler got into power. The Nazi Party was all about being violent, but as long as you followed the rules and did as you were told, you were a "good citizen" and a patriot.
This type of thought process is not only wrong, but it is evil. It sickens me to the core to think that the NFL is acting as a proxy to this kind of evil.

If Aldon Smith receives a greater suspension than Ray Rice, then the NFL is de facto, EVIL. I will never look at the NFL the same way again, and will do everything in my power to boycott any products advertised through the NFL. I would suggest others do the same.

Oh nice. Send me to Auschwitz for a "vacation."

You are embarrassing yourself.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I just hope that if it really is 6 or more games that Aldon and the team don't pull some lame b******t "we accept this suspension and the commissioners decision." That would piss me off more than the suspension.

Yeah, Aldon definitely needs to appeal that if it's a 6-8 game suspension. Unless Goodell nets the 5 games Aldon voluntarily missed last year, he'd completely back out of his word when he said he'd take those games missed into consideration for his punishment. It'd be so bloody obvious he's using Aldon to make an example of and a PR move in response to the flack he got for bombing the Ray Rice situation.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Goodell's Nazi head explodes!

You are embarrassing yourself.

"The rate at which a person can mature is directly proportional to the embarrassment he can tolerate."
Douglas Engelbart
  • Phil
  • Veteran

LOL. The NFL is the NAZI party reincarnate (if they suspend Aldon)!

This is the best post ever.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Marshawn Lynch was arrested for felony possession of a CONCEALED firearm.
Later he was arrested for a DUI, where it was reported that he was swerving through lanes, and "nearly collided with several vehicles" on a major Bay Area freeway.
Has HE been suspended for anything?

Aldon was arrested with a DUI, let's call it equal (even though it is not even close to equal).
He was also charged with possessing firearms in his HOME.

Can SOMEONE, somewhere, out there, explain to me how Aldon is facing a suspension, when Lynch is celebrating a Super Bowl victory and is getting ready for another suspension free season?

ANYONE???

Because the NFL gestapo has it out for the Niners and wants to put the screws in as hard as possible. My guts been telling me that Aldon would get a suspension way worse than only a couple games and it sounds like that's what they're expecting and it's complete bulls**t but it is what it is. If it's more than 6 then it's totally overcompensation for Ray Rice's dinky little suspension and also to make an example out of Aldon. Maybe they'll get lucky and get it reduced to only 4 somehow.

Been thinking this too. Since All the people on facebook, feminists and the likes have been having a cow in the face of the Rice situation Aldon might get the scrap end of the stick so the NFL can "save face".
edit
[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 7, 2014 at 10:42 PM ]
Originally posted by Phil:
Been thinking this too. Since All the people on facebook, feminists and the likes have been having a cow in the face of the Rice situation Aldon might get the scrap end of the stick so the NFL can "save face".

I think it would do the opposite of "save face". It's a terrible look if Rice gets 2 games, while Aldon gets something more significant, and Josh Gordon is being suspended an entire year. I understand some guys are repeat offenders, but it's getting to the point where the length of the bans are based on technicalities, and not common sense.

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I think it would do the opposite of "save face". It's a terrible look if Rice gets 2 games, while Aldon gets something more significant, and Josh Gordon is being suspended an entire year. I understand some guys are repeat offenders, but it's getting to the point where the length of the bans are based on technicalities, and not common sense.

Common sense or better yet---good sense.

Aldon sure could have used some.

Originally posted by buck:

Again, I understand Aldon has done some stupid things. But what credibility does the NFL have to deliver fair punishment? The punishments that are handed down consistently make little sense. Just because Aldon has made mistakes doesn't mean you willingly accept unfair, excessive punishment

This is like fining a jaywalker $1,000,0000 and then defending the ruling by saying "They knew the rules, they shouldn't have broke them"...Well, yes, but the punishment makes no freaking sense.

Let's break it down:

1. Josh Gordon smokes weed. Gets a 1-year ban.

2. Aldon Smith owns firearms, drinks alcohol, crashed into a tree, and got stabbed. Supposed 6-8 game ban.

3. Ray Rice beats his own wife. Knocks her unconscious, drags her body, ON CAMERA. 2 games....

Please tell me you see something wrong with this. This is insanity.
Originally posted by buck:

Again, I understand Aldon has done some stupid things. But what credibility does the NFL have to deliver fair punishment? The punishments that are handed down consistently make little sense. Just because Aldon has made mistakes doesn't mean you willingly accept unfair, excessive punishment

This is like fining a jaywalker $1,000,0000 and then defending the ruling by saying "They knew the rules, they shouldn't have broke them"...Well, yes, but the punishment makes no freaking sense.

Let's break it down:

1. Josh Gordon smokes weed. Gets a 1-year ban.

2. Aldon Smith owns firearms, drinks alcohol, crashed into a tree, and got stabbed. Supposed 6-8 game ban.

3. Ray Rice beats his own wife. Knocks her unconscious, drags her body, ON CAMERA. 2 games....

Please tell me you see something wrong with this. This is insanity.

Goodell trying to ban two of the brightest stars in the league for 1/2 a season or a year but gives wife beating Ray "3 ypc" Rice a slap on the wrist. Goodell is a joke.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Goodell trying to ban two of the brightest stars in the league for 1/2 a season or a year but gives wife beating Ray "3 ypc" Rice a slap on the wrist. Goodell is a joke.

Maybe if Aldon had punched the TSA lady he would only get a 2 game ban too.
Maybe if Aldon had punched the TSA lady he would only get a 2 game ban too.
Good Question. Are the TSA Considered "Federal" Officers ?? cause today i was at the SS Ofice and some laday started yelling at the guard. And guard told here to slow here roll because she was dealing with a "Federal" Officer.LOL
Share 49ersWebzone