LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

If its a 6 game suspension reduced to 4 I would not be that mad.. we would all love a 4 game suspension reduced to 2, but thats probably wishful thinking.

I wonder if Goodell catching so much flak for the Ray Rice 2 game suspension means he is going to take it out on Aldon by dropping the 8 game hammer.
  • Jiks
So what has Aldon actually been charged with after all this?
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
If its a 6 game suspension reduced to 4 I would not be that mad.. we would all love a 4 game suspension reduced to 2, but thats probably wishful thinking.

I wonder if Goodell catching so much flak for the Ray Rice 2 game suspension means he is going to take it out on Aldon by dropping the 8 game hammer.

Maybe he can just take it out on his wife. That would at least make a whole lot more sense, and it would be consistent.
Aldon is NOT a violent offending criminal and despite his multiple misdemeanor offenses he never sought to inflict pain on anyone or anything. He did his crime and he must do his time but there is no need to punish Aldon as if he has committed some heinous crimes. He hasn't and the worst of which (DUI) he has sought extensive treatment for at his own will. Give him 6 games if you must but credit him with 5 games served and dock his game checks from those games! Anything else is excessive and unreasonable. Most of this crap happened more than a year or two ago!
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 7, 2014 at 8:55 PM ]
I still think (wishfully and righteously) that these big numbers will be offset by hiatus last year including a fine for the amount of the those game checks. Net 1-3 games.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I still think (wishfully and righteously) that these big numbers will be offset by hiatus last year including a fine for the amount of the those game checks. Net 1-3 games.

Hope you're right man
Marshawn Lynch was arrested for felony possession of a CONCEALED firearm.
Later he was arrested for a DUI, where it was reported that he was swerving through lanes, and "nearly collided with several vehicles" on a major Bay Area freeway.
Has HE been suspended for anything?

Aldon was arrested with a DUI, let's call it equal (even though it is not even close to equal).
He was also charged with possessing firearms in his HOME.

Can SOMEONE, somewhere, out there, explain to me how Aldon is facing a suspension, when Lynch is celebrating a Super Bowl victory and is getting ready for another suspension free season?

ANYONE???
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Later he was arrested for a DUI, where it was reported that he was swerving through lanes, and "nearly collided with several vehicles" on a major Bay Area freeway.

Aldon was arrested with a DUI, let's call it equal (even though it is not even close to equal).

Can SOMEONE, somewhere, out there, explain to me how Aldon is facing a suspension, when Lynch is celebrating a Super Bowl victory and is getting ready for another suspension free season?

ANYONE???

I can't......it's unreal, the uneven way suspension are administered is rediculous. Instead of speeding up the process, aldon should have just slowed played it, said f**k it to rehab and just got the s**t tied up in courts for years. Goodell is slowly but surely screwing this league up.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Aug 7, 2014 at 9:24 PM ]

ANYONE???

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
So what has Aldon actually been charged with after all this?

DUI and misdemeanor gun charges.

ANYONE???

Because the NFL gestapo has it out for the Niners and wants to put the screws in as hard as possible. My guts been telling me that Aldon would get a suspension way worse than only a couple games and it sounds like that's what they're expecting and it's complete bulls**t but it is what it is. If it's more than 6 then it's totally overcompensation for Ray Rice's dinky little suspension and also to make an example out of Aldon. Maybe they'll get lucky and get it reduced to only 4 somehow.
It's really sad the society will live in feels that violence is not a big deal, but breaking the "rules" is a big deal.

That is very similar to how Hitler got into power. The Nazi Party was all about being violent, but as long as you followed the rules and did as you were told, you were a "good citizen" and a patriot.
This type of thought process is not only wrong, but it is evil. It sickens me to the core to think that the NFL is acting as a proxy to this kind of evil.

If Aldon Smith receives a greater suspension than Ray Rice, then the NFL is de facto, EVIL. I will never look at the NFL the same way again, and will do everything in my power to boycott any products advertised through the NFL. I would suggest others do the same.
0 game suspension...is what I've said since earlier this this year..and I'm sticking to it
I just hope that if it really is 6 or more games that Aldon and the team don't pull some lame b******t "we accept this suspension and the commissioners decision." That would piss me off more than the suspension.
It's really sad the society will live in feels that violence is not a big deal, but breaking the "rules" is a big deal.

That is very similar to how Hitler got into power. The Nazi Party was all about being violent, but as long as you followed the rules and did as you were told, you were a "good citizen" and a patriot.
This type of thought process is not only wrong, but it is evil. It sickens me to the core to think that the NFL is acting as a proxy to this kind of evil.

If Aldon Smith receives a greater suspension than Ray Rice, then the NFL is de facto, EVIL. I will never look at the NFL the same way again, and will do everything in my power to boycott any products advertised through the NFL. I would suggest others do the same.

Share 49ersWebzone