LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by lamontb:
I think the thing that is gonna get him suspended is that he's a repeat offender. Roger mentioned how this was Rice's 1st and only incident. Thus why he got less time than Big Ben b/c he had been involved in 2 incidents. Aldon has been arrested 4 times. That's why this isn't going to compare to Rice's punishment. It's not about the severity of the crime to Roger but how many times you've done anything wrong and how you have gone about fixing your issues. Aldon has made good strides to remedying his problems. But I just don't think in Roger's eyes that it is enough. And let's be honest if this was a Cowboy we all would be calling for him to be suspended. I just hope its 4 games. Tomorrow is a big day

The guy has missed 5 games already...voluntarily! I don't see why he needs to miss more than 2 more games
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
The guy has missed 5 games already...voluntarily! I don't see why he needs to miss more than 2 more games

Problem is the punishments seem to be very haphazard and random. I think Goodell considers how the league will look, especially after the PR nightmare that was Rice.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I think the thing that is gonna get him suspended is that he's a repeat offender. Roger mentioned how this was Rice's 1st and only incident. Thus why he got less time than Big Ben b/c he had been involved in 2 incidents. Aldon has been arrested 4 times. That's why this isn't going to compare to Rice's punishment. It's not about the severity of the crime to Roger but how many times you've done anything wrong and how you have gone about fixing your issues. Aldon has made good strides to remedying his problems. But I just don't think in Roger's eyes that it is enough. And let's be honest if this was a Cowboy we all would be calling for him to be suspended. I just hope its 4 games. Tomorrow is a big day

I agree I'm just not sure Roger will. Hopefully Aldon has a great interview and convinces Roger to not drop the Hammer. I think it could go either way. I think it will be for than reduced down to 2.
Originally posted by buck:
I agree that Aldon has a good case for no or a minimum suspension, but let's be real about the guns.

If you buy a gun, if you own a gun, you are responsible for knowing the laws governing the guns you own.
This is just simple, and in my estimation, irrefutable logic.

If Aldon wants to get a minimum suspension, he has to openly and forthrightly acknowledge that he is responsible for the violations of the gun laws--no excuses, no verbal garbage.

Disagree. Technically, jay walking is breaking the law in a lot of states. So just because the police decide to arrest you for it does that mean you owe the public an apology?

I admit that I was all up in arms when the story about Aldon "Rambo" Smith hit the news, but once I learned the facts, it really wasn't that big of a deal. Yes, he was in the wrong. No two ways about that. However, it's very likely that it was just an honest mistake. I think that sometimes, people hear the word "felony" and assume the worse.

He's a football player. One who very likely was only able to attend college because of his athletic abilities. Call it an excuse if you want, but I don't see very many of these guys checking the county code website whenever they decide to move. Considering what we know about Aldon (that he is not the brightest bulb in the pack), it's very likely that he honestly just did not know.

Now, we're these illegal guns or arms modified in a manner that anyone would know better (like silencers), then I'd be the first one saying that he deserves to be severely punished. And I do feel that way about his DD transgression.

The guns though? No biggie.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by baltien:
Disagree. Technically, jay walking is breaking the law in a lot of states.

Sure wish that Aldon had been busted for jaywalking.

But, technically he wasn't

• lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
2 games

I say 6 games.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by baltien:
Disagree. Technically, jay walking is breaking the law in a lot of states.

Sure wish that Aldon had been busted for jaywalking.

But, technically he wasn't

You're absolutely right. I'm just pointing out that there's laws that many of us break every day and we have no idea. And however bad it may look, there may not be any malicious intent behind it.
[ Edited by baltien on Aug 7, 2014 at 3:19 PM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by Disp:
Yeah, but it could take that tree years to recover.

Thiiiis. Why is no one talking about the tree !

#hopehehasafastrecovery

If Aldon gets engaged to the tree he would only be suspended 2 games.

That was voluntary and not a suspension, and he got paid. Him trying to get better should be a plus though.
Originally posted by titan:
If Aldon gets engaged to the tree he would only be suspended 2 games.

He would have had to get engaged to the tree before he hit it.

Maybe if he tells Goodell that the tree looked like his ex girlfriend, Goodell might have more sympathy for him.

Ted Robinson said on the TV broadcast that Aldon had his meeting with Goodell today.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
If he gets more than two games, it'll just add to the SMH ludicrousness of two games for KTFO your fiance.
I wonder if Aldon not playing in tonights preseason game had anything to do w/him already meeting w/Goodell
Originally posted by matt49er:
I wonder if Aldon not playing in tonights preseason game had anything to do w/him already meeting w/Goodell

Yeah he didn't play cuz he got suspended for the whole preseason too, after meeting with Satan.
Where was Schefter at on this one? Proves he doesn't know s**t!
Share 49ersWebzone