LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by Disp:
Yeah, but it could take that tree years to recover.

Thiiiis. Why is no one talking about the tree !

#hopehehasafastrecovery

Balkee gonna draft him this year while he's recovering and redshirt him. He will be a beast for us next year... Book it!
I can hear Al Sharpton now:

Oh so Roger Goodell thinks its worse to abuse dogs (Vick) and trees (Aldon) than it is to knock black women unconscious (Rice)? LOL!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Heard on the radio today it could be upwards of 5 games.

Please god no.

That would be a huge suspension for a marquee player and it will re-hash people's anger that a guy who beat his girlfriend unconscious gets a lighter sentance then Aldon, who only hurt a tree.

Goodell is trying to ban Gordon for the entire year for weed. Wouldn't put it past him to give Aldon a harsh, longer than necessary suspension.

Meanwhile, wife beater Rice gets a slap on the wrist because what could the league and it's fan do without his 3/yards per carry.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Aug 6, 2014 at 4:49 PM ]
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Goodell is trying to ban Gordon for the entire year for weed. Wouldn't put it past him to give Aldon a harsh, longer than necessary suspension.

Meanwhile, wife beater Rice gets a slap on the wrist because what could the league and it's fan do without his 3/yards per carry.

LOL! Aldons time away will help him this week
hopefully aldon gets the ray rice treatment
Im betting Aldon is saving some of his work duty Mondays for his suspended weeks to look good with his appeal.
I'm not going to pretend I'm the first one to think of this, but... if Goodell is thinking in terms of hitting Aldon much harder than Rice, he could make it an eight game suspension and count the five games Aldon missed last year toward the eight game suspension leading to a net suspension of three games this year (plus maybe a fairly substantial fine since Aldon got paid for the games he missed last year).
I don't get why Goodell would have that severe of a punishment. A self imposed five-game suspension during a championship run so he could go to rehab. I'd think you'd want to promote and reward that sort of behavior in general.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
I don't get why Goodell would have that severe of a punishment. A self imposed five-game suspension during a championship run so he could go to rehab. I'd think you'd want to promote and reward that sort of behavior in general.

Yup. The niners took their best defensive player out during a champsionship run after we started 1-2. We clearly put Aldon's condition over our team needs. And at that time, we needed him. No one knew we would go on the incredible run of domination.

But its the NFL. Common sense left the NFL as soon as Goodell's pompous smirk entered the room. He ruined the game big time.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
hopefully aldon gets the ray rice treatment

Beat up in an elevator

Yup. The niners took their best defensive player out during a champsionship run after we started 1-2. We clearly put Aldon's condition over our team needs. And at that time, we needed him. No one knew we would go on the incredible run of domination.

But its the NFL. Common sense left the NFL as soon as Goodell's pompous smirk entered the room. He ruined the game big time.

We went 4-0 without him.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

We went 4-0 without him.

I know. But at the time we put him on the shelf, I think we were 1-2 and Kap and JH were getting flamed in NinerTalk and in the media. We didn't know at the time we didn't need him for that stretch.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I know. But at the time we put him on the shelf, I think we were 1-2 and Kap and JH were getting flamed in NinerTalk and in the media. We didn't know at the time we didn't need him for that stretch.

roman was getting flamed and rightfully so. at the time we did not know ck had a foot injury that hampered him. we all knew roman had a brain injury that hampered him but whatever. i think i did flame JH big time for paying so much post game attention after the packers game to clay mathews that he took his eye off the ball vs seattle. we did regroup, never had a house divided , went back to running the ball thank god, some guys like skuta and lemon man came through, we played some weak teams and righted the ship.. despite the best efforts of roman

It was paid medical leave. Quit calling it a suspension.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

We went 4-0 without him.

Yeah, it was bad times on NT in the beginning of the season last year and the Aldon incident certainly didn't make things better or increase the optimism around here either. But we still did what's right anyway and put Aldon's well being first.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Aug 6, 2014 at 6:32 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone