LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• Phil
  • Veteran
2 games. 3 at most. The rehab stay will go a long way.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Lol at people thinking he will receive an 8 game suspension

Many of us are going to be wrong. I will even guarantee it.

Over / under is 3.5 games now that the LAX incident has been dropped. I still think Goodell will suspend him for 'conduct detrimental to the league'. I originally thought 6 games, but with the LAX incident dropped, RGs ammo lost a little bight.

Can you give examples of players that would make you think that AS would deserves 3.5 game suspension
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Over / under is 3.5 games now that the LAX incident has been dropped. I still think Goodell will suspend him for 'conduct detrimental to the league'. I originally thought 6 games, but with the LAX incident dropped, RGs ammo lost a little bight.

Can you give examples of players that would make you think that AS would deserves 3.5 game suspension

No concrete examples, yet I still think Goodell will judge harshly... I think Goodell sees the 5 week rehab as a previous suspension, but essentially he was under 'probation'. The. He has the LAX incident, and lost all benefit of the doubt.

Would I like it to be less than 4 games, heck yes!! But I'm not counting on it.

seriously

No concrete examples, yet I still think Goodell will judge harshly... I think Goodell sees the 5 week rehab as a previous suspension, but essentially he was under 'probation'. The. He has the LAX incident, and lost all benefit of the doubt.

It took Kenny britt 9 incidences with the poilce to receive a 1 game suspension including a dwi and resisting arrest in some of those incidences
  • buck
  • Veteran
What would be best for Aldon Smith, himself?

I am no expert in dealing with problems, but I tend to believe that it would not be good for Aldon Smith to receive a suspension of no games or more than six games.

I think that he should receive a two or three games suspension.

I would like to be clear. My major concern is Aldon Smith. I think he needs to punished by both the legal system and the league.

In my estimation, Aldon should get an absolute minimum penalty form the legal system. His gun charges should have been filed as misdemeanors.

On the other hand, Aldon has had enough off-the-field incidents to receive a penalty a bit beyond the minimum of a one game suspension.

I am, and have been, a ardent supporter of Aldon Smith.

Nevertheless, he does need to pay for his stupidity.

What would be best for Aldon Smith, himself?

I am no expert in dealing with problems, but I tend to believe that it would not be good for Aldon Smith to receive a suspension of no games or more than six games.

I think that he should receive a two or three games suspension.

I would like to be clear. My major concern is Aldon Smith. I think he needs to punished by both the legal system and the league.

In my estimation, Aldon should get an absolute minimum penalty form the legal system. His gun charges should have been filed as misdemeanors.

On the other hand, Aldon has had enough off-the-field incidents to receive a penalty a bit beyond the minimum of a one game suspension.

I am, and have been, a ardent supporter of Aldon Smith.

Nevertheless, he does need to pay for his stupidity.

I don't understand why you would want that on AS

But he will get some type of discipline from the county
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jul 5, 2014 at 4:14 PM ]
BrianGO must be on vacation or something. He is usually all over this topic. My favorite of his is "There must be mad cow disease in the water". That still makes me laugh Does anyone think he will not be suspended at all?

LAX is dead!
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
BrianGO must be on vacation or something. He is usually all over this topic. My favorite of his is "There must be mad cow disease in the water". That still makes me laugh Does anyone think he will not be suspended at all?

There is nothing concrete that warrants a suspension...compared to what other players have done and received less harsh penalties from the nfl

Originally posted by Pillbusta:

LAX is dead!

Legally, yes he won't be punished. But I'm sure it will factor into any suspension he receives.
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Jul 5, 2014 at 7:08 PM ]

LAX is dead!

Legally, yes he won't be punished. But I'm sure it will factor into any suspension he receives.

Shouldn't.
Originally posted by SportsFan:

LAX is dead!

Shouldn't.

Damn...People still hate aldon smith smh
Originally posted by SportsFan:

LAX is dead!

Shouldn't.

Damn...People still hate aldon smith smh

This has nothing to do with Aldon Smith, personally. Only what I expect Goodell to rule.

Anyone that don't love this mofo right here can EAD while they're watching him help bring us #6....
Share 49ersWebzone