LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 296 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by Marvin49:
...for the DUI.

Gun charges another matter.

Damn. I keep forgetting about that. There is more than one of those too isn't there? Crap.. I hope Florio knows what he is talking about, because that 2 game thing sounds a little short to me.
His hearing is today, no?
Two games just doesn't seem realistic.

BUT it depends on all the real facts and unreported circumstances that come out in court cases.

Hopefully it's only 2 games.

I was thinking 8 games.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
His hearing is today, no?

July 25th, right?!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
the gun charges are over two years old and not that serious...sarcastic bomb remark is also nothing

It happened 2 years ago but they just charged him this year. If they didn't charge him then he wouldn't be facing any suspension. And the NFL takes everything into consideration once you are on the knucklehead radar
He's likely not gonna play against Tony Romo next season
Originally posted by lamontb:
the gun charges are over two years old and not that serious...sarcastic bomb remark is also nothing

It happened 2 years ago but they just charged him this year. If they didn't charge him then he wouldn't be facing any suspension. And the NFL takes everything into consideration once you are on the knucklehead radar
the charges were brought up after a year since the incident at his house, so the county was really trying hard to find something on him. And the only people that have mentioned anything about suspensions are Fans, Media..NFL hasn't said anything about suspending AS
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Sounds like good news to me. Usually you hear 6 games that in up being 4 games. Or 4 games that en up being 2. Starting that low is a positive. Season opener plus the 5 last year equals 6 games. I can dig it.

Anything less than 4 games is good news in my book. I'm expecting 6.

Yeah...anyone expecting no suspension was kidding themselves. I'm hoping Florio is right and its only a game or 2. I was thinking 4-8 games.
I think there won't be a suspension. he already did his time last year
That was for the DUI and his substance abuse issues. The gun charges and airport incident are the leading cause of his upcoming suspension. .

Not that serious? Uh....4 Felonies is kinda serious.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Sounds like good news to me. Usually you hear 6 games that in up being 4 games. Or 4 games that en up being 2. Starting that low is a positive. Season opener plus the 5 last year equals 6 games. I can dig it.

Anything less than 4 games is good news in my book. I'm expecting 6.

Yeah...anyone expecting no suspension was kidding themselves. I'm hoping Florio is right and its only a game or 2. I was thinking 4-8 games.
I think there won't be a suspension. he already did his time last year
That was for the DUI and his substance abuse issues. The gun charges and airport incident are the leading cause of his upcoming suspension. .

it can be charged a felony, heck you can get a speeding ticket that can get as high as a felony..but never do
  • buck
  • Veteran

He plead to 3 felony gun charges and 1 misdemeanor DUI charge, if I remember correctly.

• buck
  • Veteran
it can be charged a felony, heck you can get a speeding ticket that can get as high as a felony..but never do

a felony speeding ticket that can get as high as a felony?

When, where, and how?
I could have sworn there were only 3. What am I saying? ONLY 3 ?!?!

I am pretty sure, like Marvin49 alluded to, whether it is 3 or 4 felonies, they are serious.

Really? The multiple people arrested for such stupid "jokes" might disagree...NVIDIA exec was even convicted for SFO incident, albeit plead down to misdemeanor, but it's still being convicted of a crime. At any rate, given Smith's history, if nothing else the bomb remark just further proof he's an idiot who doesn't learn lessons very well.

In California? Please to cite any section of the CVC that allows for this.
LAX is on life support
Share 49ersWebzone