There are 166 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

At least the whole Donald Sterling mess has taken all the sports media attention off the Niners.
hahhahaha
Based on the video/article on the home page, he has NO felony charges and the airport incident was already dropped to a misdemeanor and could (now) be dismissed as, "a misunderstanding." So in short, it's unlikely he'll face any real legal issues now but may have to, "take some classes, go to rehab, get cleaned up..." etc. It sounds like he'll be shelling out some money to two plantiffs though (not sure why or for how much); I believe one is for the shooting victim (structured settled)?

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/la-city-attorney-requests-more-information-smiths-airport-incident
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 29, 2014 at 4:45 PM ]
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
According to Maiocco L.A. City Attorneys office asks for more info on Aldons LAX case stating that they want to leave "no stone unturned".

Here is a link to the article.

The Los Angeles City Attorney's office has requested more information from law enforcement before determining whether to file formal charges against 49ers star player Aldon Smith.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/la-city-attorney-requests-more-information-smiths-airport-incident

Not sure what this means, but I do not trust district attorneys very much,

They want to know what the f**k happened. They don't want to charge somebody for some vague "bomb threat" b******t.

They are going to want to know why he was released and THEN arrested. The district attorney is doing his job, and he is going to embarrass the TSA by fishing for more information.

It's like a real life "Law and Order" except the actual case is b******t.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Apr 29, 2014 at 5:01 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Based on the video/article on the home page, he has NO felony charges and the airport incident was already dropped to a misdemeanor and could (now) be dismissed as, "a misunderstanding." So in short, it's unlikely he'll face any real legal issues now but may have to, "take some classes, go to rehab, get cleaned up..." etc. It sounds like he'll be shelling out some money to two plantiffs though (not sure why or for how much); I believe one is for the shooting victim (structured settled)?

Aldon is not going to jail for a misdemeanor and at this rate, I say the likelihood of an NFL suspension is less than 4 games.

It's still not clear what basis there is for a suspension. If players are suspended for misdemeanors, then half the NFL would not be playing on Sunday.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Apr 29, 2014 at 5:06 PM ]
I'm guessing the niners were waiting for this hearing to finish to announce a decision. His option will likely be picked up and announced tomorrow.....hopefully

They f**king better.
Can we pick up his option now?
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Is that a command or a question?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
They want to know what the f**k happened. They don't want to charge somebody for some vague "bomb threat" b******t.

They are going to want to know why he was released and THEN arrested. The district attorney is doing his job, and he is going to embarrass the TSA by fishing for more information.

brian is right. this is not law and order when the whole thing can be wrapped up in 60 minutes minus time for commercials

Hopefully Goodell sees this post or just uses simple logic when determining any suspension.

• BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
At least the whole Donald Sterling mess has taken all the sports media attention off the Niners.

The top story usually stays there until something else big comes along. Going to be hard to knock Sterling off the top of the pile.

Aldon is not going to jail for a misdemeanor and at this rate, I say the likelihood of an NFL suspension is less than 4 games.

It's still not clear what basis there is for a suspension. If players are suspended for misdemeanors, then half the NFL would not be playing on Sunday.

Totally agree Brian... maybe it's because it "looks bad". I really hate it that there's no general guideline.

Agree, no grounds for suspension; probably not even if he gets a misdemeanor.

Command!

Command!

You rang?
  • Disp
  • Veteran

Wait, what happened to the felony gun charges? Only thing I've read is that the hearing was postponed a couple weeks.
Share 49ersWebzone