There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Aldon Smith thread

  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 33,097
Originally posted by Heed49er:
The police said he appeared to have been drinking before saying he had a BOMB IN AN AIRPORT.

Alcoholics can't drink because they can't control their drinking.
That's what makes them alcoholics.

I don't remember Aldon Smith actually being classified as alcoholic, though.

yes,, they do everything in mass quanities
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,051
Originally posted by cciowa:
anytime someone who goes in to rehab for an extended time then comes out and drinks again is not to be brushed off. i believe he may go back to rehab, if it was determined he had been drinking regardless of how much,, which a million people who have alcohol issues do alot. its nothing to be ashamed of. his behavior at the airport can not be excused

Someone said that he was intoxicated or that it was reported that Aldon was intoxicated.

As far as I know that is not true. It was said that he appeared to have been drinking earlier.

If I am wrong, I would like to know who said that he was intoxicated?

I am not brushing anything off anything and I am hardly defending his actions at the airport.


.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,051
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by buck:
Maybe he should not have been drinking, but as far as I remember no one said he was intoxicated.

Do you think that total abstinence is the only possible cure for alcoholism?

there is no cure,, its a battle all their lives,, they have to resist any urge to drink, those around them have to be respectful of that, they have to attend their meetings,,, i do not know if aldon has been technically classified as a alcoholic but alcohol has played a major role in his issues over the years and it also sent him to rehab.

OK. If you say so.
Sometimes it's a lot easier to abstain entirely than have just a little.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Sometimes it's a lot easier to abstain entirely than have just a little.

Very true but there is a fair amount of people who can still drink. The big thing for alcoholics to do is learn control, some people can do it some cant.
However alcoholics can recover their life is fine with me. Often, getting rid of a chronic habit involves abstention. It's not as hard as you would think, if you hate the substance enough, what it does to your life.
Aldon ain't an alcoholic, he's just a young undisciplined dumbass, plain and simple. What that boy needs is an ass-whoopin. I'd whoop him like a bag of pancake mix with double the eggs if I was his coach. I may be old but he'd see me walk into the locker room and take off runnin like a dog with his tail tucked. They didn't make me a gunnery sergeant for nothin. The Corps don't tolerate that kind of tomfoolery and neither should the glorious 49ers.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Sometimes it's a lot easier to abstain entirely than have just a little.

Abstinence is not 100%.

It didn't work out for the Virgin Mary
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Sometimes it's a lot easier to abstain entirely than have just a little.

Abstinence is not 100%.

It didn't work out for the Virgin Mary

  • titan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,965
It's ok Aldon! Get us around 15+ sacks and it will all be forgotten. Plus the officer used the word "appears to be " that means he was not sure?! So you maybe a crazy a$$ fool, but you're sober in my book.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 33,097
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by buck:
Maybe he should not have been drinking, but as far as I remember no one said he was intoxicated.

Do you think that total abstinence is the only possible cure for alcoholism?

there is no cure,, its a battle all their lives,, they have to resist any urge to drink, those around them have to be respectful of that, they have to attend their meetings,,, i do not know if aldon has been technically classified as a alcoholic but alcohol has played a major role in his issues over the years and it also sent him to rehab.

OK. If you say so.
you struggle with it all your life,, there is no medicine you can take for it. it is a constant battle day by day
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 33,097
Originally posted by RogerCraigsUncle:
Aldon ain't an alcoholic, he's just a young undisciplined dumbass, plain and simple. What that boy needs is an ass-whoopin. I'd whoop him like a bag of pancake mix with double the eggs if I was his coach. I may be old but he'd see me walk into the locker room and take off runnin like a dog with his tail tucked. They didn't make me a gunnery sergeant for nothin. The Corps don't tolerate that kind of tomfoolery and neither should the glorious 49ers.
big talk does not make a big man
Originally posted by titan:
It's ok Aldon! Get us around 15+ sacks and it will all be forgotten. Plus the officer used the word "appears to be " that means he was not sure?! So you maybe a crazy a$$ fool, but you're sober in my book.

That claim is a crock. Appeared to be drinking earlier in the day? WTF does that even mean. Either Aldon was drunk or not. Or is the officer psychic and could view the past to tell if he had a drink or not.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 33,097
Originally posted by titan:
It's ok Aldon! Get us around 15+ sacks and it will all be forgotten. Plus the officer used the word "appears to be " that means he was not sure?! So you maybe a crazy a$$ fool, but you're sober in my book.

so you really do not care about his health,, its all about sacks. sad
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 33,097
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by titan:
It's ok Aldon! Get us around 15+ sacks and it will all be forgotten. Plus the officer used the word "appears to be " that means he was not sure?! So you maybe a crazy a$$ fool, but you're sober in my book.

That claim is a crock. Appeared to be drinking earlier in the day? WTF does that even mean. Either Aldon was drunk or not. Or is the officer psychic and could view the past to tell if he had a drink or not.
any toxicology reports come back? i assumed they gave him a test?