LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 314 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 10s LAPD's Criminal Conspiracy Unit takes over the investigation into 49ers LB Aldon Smith, police official says. http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/lapds-criminal-conspiracy-unit-takes-over-smith-investigation ;…

I knew it. Aldon is part of Al Qaeda.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 10s LAPD's Criminal Conspiracy Unit takes over the investigation into 49ers LB Aldon Smith, police official says. http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/lapds-criminal-conspiracy-unit-takes-over-smith-investigation ;…

I knew it. Aldon is part of Al Qaeda.

The conspiracy was to make a false arrest after he was in the secure area .
Your government tax dollars at work people.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I don't think I'd go as far as you, but am sure happy that a tree stopped him car last year, and that no kid on a bicycle was pinned on it.

Even the most strident supporters should be closing in on this fact: The kid is an absolute mess, and he better get his act together soon, or he won't have a future in this league. The modern NFL is not going to put up with players who have felony charges brought up against them. A lot of things are pending right now, and players tend to somehow, magically, wiggle their way out of these circumstances.

Let me just say that Aldon is not welcome in my central Ohio neighborhood unless he gets his act together. Which community would want this guy living with them right now?

So you're only worried about kids on bikes? What about little girls playing jump rope on the sidewalk? Or babies in their carriages? And what about the innocent little lambs, and defenseless little puppies? You're not glad they weren't hurt? Pretty heartless of you, dude.

Seriously--how about we stick to the facts and stop with any self righteous proclamations.

You say that Aldon's not welcome in your neighborhood. Is that because he's had a prior DUI? Are you out there trying to get any of your neighbors w/ DUIs evicted? There's got to be some out there.

Or is Aldon not welcome for some other reason? Cuz he said something stupid to the TSA? Not a smart move by him, but also doesn't sound like an extremely serious, life threatening act.

So, some other reason?
@oldninerdude

People just love getting on those high horses and pretending to be holier than thou, don't they. Plus in some cases, you're looking at a classic case of confirmation bias - as in, they never wanted the Niners to draft him in the first place and now they simply can't resist the urge to bask in self congratulations about being so, so, darn right! I'm sure it's a heady feeling; bound to make someone's day.
he was drunk and said bomb after being harassed by TSA. TSA push people all day long and the dude had one too many to drink. people are acting like hes a terrorist
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
he was drunk and said bomb after being harassed by TSA. TSA push people all day long and the dude had one too many to drink. people are acting like hes a terrorist

The fact that he's still drinking is the elephant in the room here.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

The fact that he's still drinking is the elephant in the room here.

The lady said he appeared to be dont mean he was by the tmz video he looked sober
I haven't read any news accounts that say he was drinking. In fact, in the police report, I don't think they call him under the influence at all. This is just some woman saying that she thinks he had been drinking.
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
The lady said he appeared to be dont mean he was by the tmz video he looked sober

Classic, unsubstantiated heresay. Did they perform a breathalyzer or sobriety test before or after arrest? If not, then her 'appeared to be' comment isn't worth sh*t...
[ Edited by Existence on Apr 21, 2014 at 3:16 PM ]

Originally posted by crake49:
@oldninerdude

People just love getting on those high horses and pretending to be holier than thou, don't they. Plus in some cases, you're looking at a classic case of confirmation bias - as in, they never wanted the Niners to draft him in the first place and now they simply can't resist the urge to bask in self congratulations about being so, so, darn right! I'm sure it's a heady feeling; bound to make someone's day.

Its especially disturbing to see that trend in the media. I thought the media was supposed to report the facts. Yes, a columnist gets to express his or her opinion, but a reporter should be focused on reporting the facts.

Then we hear media talking heads getting "holier than thou" as you say. Condemning someone before they're even convicted, or campaigning for a greater punishment than what is meted out, to make themselves look better in some way.

Seems like what we might see in Saudi Arabia, or Iran: "An eye for an eye. . . ."

But this is still a Christian nation, founded on Christian principles.

"Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy."

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

"Love your neighbor as yourself."

Sometimes seems like we need to be reminded of these things. Jesus said to forgive your brother not just until 7 times 7, but "until 70 times seven."

I'd give Aldon another chance, and not just because he's a great athlete. And I've got to believe that billbird and MD would too, once they think about it.
gah. this is getting more absurd by the minute. he was wise as#, got cuffed by lax, that's all.

The only elephant is the drinking part. If it's happening again suggest he spends ota's back in detox.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
gah. this is getting more absurd by the minute. he was wise as#, got cuffed by lax, that's all.

The only elephant is the drinking part. If it's happening again suggest he spends ota's back in detox.

Exactly.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

Exactly.

LAPD was repeating what multiple witnesses said about his demeanor in thinking he was buzzed. Still doesn't mean it's true, but given his recent past I'm going to assume he was off the wagon. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

Exactly.

LAPD was repeating what multiple witnesses said about his demeanor in thinking he was buzzed. Still doesn't mean it's true, but given his recent past I'm going to assume he was off the wagon. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Am I the only one who has found TSA agents sometimes provoking. I had one threaten to hold me back and keep me off my flight simply because I didn't make it through their machine on a second try (I forgot my wrist**tch). TSA "lady" jumped ugly on me, and it was tempting to retort in kind.

Doesn't mean Aldon's statement, if correctly reported, was a good idea, but in the face of some bureaucratic actions by those in control, its sometimes understandable that people get upset and say something they later regret.
Share 49ersWebzone