LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
gets a DUI. learns his lesson. rather stay home and drink then drink and drive. in that case I'd rather throw a house party for over 100 people. more than half of them are unknown. shots are fired and now he has been stabbed. what lesson is there to be deduced from this?

hire more security?
The investigation into a Saturday 911 call that resulted in sheriff's deputies being summoned to the San Jose home of 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith -- following a shooting and a stabbing -- continued Monday with a spokesperson telling Comcast SportsNet Bay Area that detectives have not identified a suspect or suspects.
Responding deputies were met by a large crowd and located two gunshot victims and one stabbing victim.

Multiple sources told CSNBayArea.com Saturday evening that Smith sustained minor stab wounds, most likely from a small pocketknife, while he attempted to break up a fight. The location of the wounds are believed to be in his shoulder and abdomen.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/07/02/12/No-suspects-identified-in-Smith-investig/mobile_landing.html?blockID=734286&feedID=2539
[ Edited by oldman9er on Jul 2, 2012 at 3:02 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
dummy
Originally posted by 1stnovaprime:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Not seachicken fan and am not a fan of some of these young players actions. Aldon hasn't even started he 2nd season and he has been involved in two news making screw ups. I hope he grows up fast.

Time to eat crow! I hate people judging others, in turn I judged you! I apologize!
No problem just think he is making to many mistakes that could derail a young career,
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
dummy

Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Niners should not wait on the league office and suspend Smith for 2-4 games now. Personally I get sick of reading about these pro sports stars that are always getting into trouble. All the money and fame in the world can not make a moron smart.

Nope. What he did was reckless and stupid. No intent or malice here, from what we know so far. Maybe some TC suspensions for conduct detrimental to the team, but NO games.

He is young and rich, it happens. He needs to lean and grow from this, that will be the key to his rehabillitation. He needs to chill with Alex Boone, who went down this road already.

Im jus wonderin how he got into trouble???he broke up a fight and got shanked,wut did he do wrong to get suspended??some mfs are just overemotional,judgemental,higj n mighty lil babies.leakyfauset is a moron for even suggesting it.commit some sort of infraction first before he's suspended at least.smfh

you have the right to disagree but not the right to call someone out.

I have a right to call you what you called aldon,a moron.you dont like labels,dont label someone else.
Acually no you don't. I did call him a moron. He has gotten a DWI and now stabbed at a drunk fest tells me he didn't learn crap from the DWI. The Niners have the right to suspend, trade , cut or what ever they think is in the best interest of the team. I am say nip this in the butt now with either a couple of games or a big fine because the league can suspend him based on the the DWI being followed up with this incident. The NFL doesn't like their product being put into a negative light. Goodell can suspend him based on the NFL player conduct policy.

Actually I did and I will at anytime someone puts a label on a player on this team and they over react without all the facts.you offered an opinion and a LABEL,I in turn did the same.

"judge not lest you be judged"

Edit: after seein the pics,if im understanding the situation correctly,he already got a dui,whats wrong wit stayin home,havin some teamates over and a photoshoot that turned into a party??

Aaaand,if somebody's fighting in your house,what are you sposed ta do???let em tear up your nice million dollar s**t??for real???seriously??the people fightin in his house lucky they didnt get their asses whooped on for the audacity to fight in his nice house instead of goin outside wit it.

If,and its a big if(no facts),this was the case can anybody blame him??? How do you suspend a man for defending his property and ejecting unwanted people from HIS PREMISES???

I know one thing,let some fools start fightin in my $100k house,less known a multi million $ house.I would toss them clowns out on their asses before I let em tear up what I worked hard for.nfl contract be damned,he was a man before the nfl.

Some of you on here advocating he be suspended need to take this into account.any man worth his weight would have done the same thing IF this is what happened.
I will say it again. Yes you can but you also can get banned. You or I can talk about the players anyway we want but when you attack other members that is not allowed. Read the rules. You can slam peoples ideas all you want but you cross the line when you slam the person. And bible quotes don't help make it right. Stick with arguing your point and leave the personal stuff out and you will be just fine. I still believe either the niners or the league will punish him one way or another for 2 mistakes that could be viewes as a personal conduct policy violations.
Not seachicken fan and am not a fan of some of these young players actions. Aldon hasn't even started he 2nd season and he has been involved in two news making screw ups. I hope he grows up fast.

Time to eat crow! I hate people judging others, in turn I judged you! I apologize!
No problem just think he is making two mistakes that could derail a young career,

fixed
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

No problem just think he is making two mistakes that could derail a young career,

fixed
Yes I know it is two but they are just so close together. He seemed really sincere after the DWI but I am from the show-me state and now he has to show me. He never had any of these problems at Mizzou.
Yes I know it is two but they are just so close together. He seemed really sincere after the DWI but I am from the show-me state and now he has to show me. He never had any of these problems at Mizzou.

and i'm sure he never had the money he has now............................................
Pacman said at the rookies symposium that he "made it rain" and spent more than 1 mil in a weekend....even TO called him crazy.

Now im not saying that Aldon is Pacman, on the contrary i think aldon is a good kid, just a dumbass, But if he doesnt wake up and relize the mistakes he is making he is gonna wind up down that road.

Parties are not good investments and dangerous to boot. Thats just taing into account initial money spent, imagine if he get sued by the shooting victims...its gonna be one damn expensive party. If you dont want a DUI you dont invite 100+ drunkin idiots to your house as a solution. Instead you invest your money wisely and hire a driver.

Making it rain for these drunkin idiots and getting stabbed in the process, as well as probable lawsuits, may hopefully make him wake up. If it doesnt nothing will.

On the other hand, it's the offseason and he's basically unemployed right now. As soon as camp starts he'll be too busy to play around like this. Harbaugh should get in his ass and call him out though. Aldon got off easy with the DUI. Hopefully the team comes down on him this time and gets his mind right.

He seems like a good guy, but he's been slipping a little lately. A focused Aldon is a dangerous guy on the field and that's really what I'm looking for.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
And what happened to a good old fashioned fist fight? I remember breaking up plenty of those until I exited the party train.

i bet you were scared to break up a fight between two girls. I know i was!! they would turn on you
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Im calling right now, this dude is gonna have 2 sacks next year.

yeah in the first game maybe...

oh no he got stabbed at a party that got outta control, now he sucks!!!
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by BobS:
And what happened to a good old fashioned fist fight? I remember breaking up plenty of those until I exited the party train.

i bet you were scared to break up a fight between two girls. I know i was!! they would turn on you

anything is a weapon and they go for the eyes!!!!!!!
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Jul 2, 2012 at 7:08 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
yeah in the first game maybe...

oh no he got stabbed at a party that got outta control, now he sucks!!!
so you are not worried in the least the guy gets a owi and then gets stabbed in the span of 3 months? i hope he does get suspended for the green bay game or at least does not start, serves him right
Share 49ersWebzone