LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 186 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt

On Aldon Smith, would surprised if @49ers do not pick up 5th-year option. Very low risk, injury gtee only, can still cut him later.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt

On Aldon Smith, would surprised if @49ers do not pick up 5th-year option. Very low risk, injury gtee only, can still cut him later.

He's an injury in the head.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt

He's an injury in the head.

I see no way they don't pick up the option. It's not even a debate.
Appears Aldon was red flagged before the draft as someone who would be more than likely to have off the field issues over the average draftee, according to the draft scouting company HRT. The link to the Fox Sports story is below,

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/49ers-aldon-smith-risk-of-off-field-trouble-draft-psych-test-lax-alleged-bomb-threat-041414

As for previous comments about not "supporting" Aldon, not the best use of words. "Defending" his actions, by blaming the police was my true intention. Love to see the kid get his act together, but at this point, I stand by my words that he is a loser. Doesn't seem to get it.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Apr 14, 2014 at 7:00 PM ]
Albomb Smith
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Appears Aldon was red flagged before the draft as someone who would be mote han likely to have off the field issues over the average draftee, according to the draft scouting company HRT. The link to the Fox Sports story is below,

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/49ers-aldon-smith-risk-of-off-field-trouble-draft-psych-test-lax-alleged-bomb-threat-041414

As for previous comments about not "supporting" Aldon, not the best use of words. "Defending" his actions, by blaming the police was my true intention. Love to see the kid get his act together, but at this point, I stand by my words that he is a loser. Doesn't seem to get it.

You're just pissed we didn't pick your boy, Watt. Get over it.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
This is the post I made after the Culliver thing. There's no way we should cut Aldon.

I say f@ck it. Sign him to an extension. I'm tired of teams doing the right thing by cutting a player who gets arrested just to have teams like the patriots pick them up on the cheap and then get praised for a quality sign. With the media saying "oh that's a good locker room for him to get his life straight." BS maybe ten years ago. They've signed/drafted a bunch of guys his criminal records and character concerns and nobody says crap until Henandez. Talib, Denard, Stallworth, Hernandez and Mallet come to mind. The Seahawks get Lynch for cheap from Bills because of his first arrest and he gets an extension from them while still waiting for his court date for his last arrest (I think, not sure). It's not like he's never going to play again, someone will sign him. So let his punishment be to sign a contract that's a fraction of what he was about to make.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Appears Aldon was red flagged before the draft as someone who would be more than likely to have off the field issues over the average draftee, according to the draft scouting company HRT. The link to the Fox Sports story is below,

agree with the dog who called out people defending him by blaming the cops, the screeners the moonies or whoever else. its all about making decisions boys and taking responsibility. the excuse of him being young is starting to wear a bit thin as well
Originally posted by niners94:

At this point, you should probably feel the same.

Niners fans should feel a sense of anger when they compare an Alex Smith over an Aaron Rodgers, a Chilo Rachal over a DeSean Jackson. I hope we never "get over it".
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Albomb Smith

May become AllDone Smith

• cciowa
  • Veteran

Niners fans should feel a sense of anger when they compare an Alex Smith over an Aaron Rodgers, a Chilo Rachal over a DeSean Jackson. I hope we never "get over it".
i personally think that anyone who knows what and who dog wanted in the draft five years ago has to much time on their hands . i really have no memory over who was anti alex and anti ck back in the day
Was it ever reported why Aldon was in LA?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

does it matter?
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

does it matter?

No tmz reported Kaepernick in L.A. buying sunglasses looking happy while being investigated in Miami made me sick of tmz worthless
Share 49ersWebzone