LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
That will depend 100% on what happens in the next 2 years.

I truly hope he turns things around.

Me too, but yesterday's stupidity leads me to believe he has the common sense and impulse control of a spoiled mouthy teenager. My hope for his future in the NFL is fading.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Apr 14, 2014 at 11:55 AM ]
Looks like no charges will be filed.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
I think they'll give him the 5th year, but no more after that. This will give us another draft to find a successor to compete with Lemonier.

I wouldn't be so sure about that...once this and the other cases sorta just "go away", and if he manages to stay out of trouble and has a couple All Pro-caliber seasons, there's going to be a lot of consideration given to keeping this guy around. The last time the 49ers got rid of a "troubled" HOF-track pass rusher, they turned a very good Cowboys team into a dynasty.

What I meant to say is that if he doesn't improve with getting in trouble the FO will let him walk after the 5th year regardless of his value to the franchise. Aldon is our present day Charles Haley. It's just so frustrating for both us as fans and those in the FO. I'd like to see him here longer, but he needs to wake up. At this point even with all the transgressions I think he'll still get the 5th year.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

Where does it say that?

all i have seen is that the DA has not seen the file yet to make a determination.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

Where does it say that?

all i have seen is that the DA has not seen the file yet to make a determination.

Am i missing something?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Here's the Conn. situation.

Police say 26-year-old Jordan Rickard is due in court Tuesday after he allegedly said he had a bomb at Connecticut's Bradley International Airport. He allegedly made the comments Monday afternoon while he was being screened at Transportation Security Administration (TSA) checkpoint.

ALSO ONLINE: Bradley International Airport looks to renew service to Europe from Hartford-Springfield region (The Republican) ALSO ONLINE: Watchdog: TSA misconduct cases grew 26% in three years

TSA officers asked Rickard if he had anything in his pockets after he was selected for additional screening, NBC Connecticut reports. Police say Rickard's answer was: "Yes, I have a bomb."

Airport director Kevin Dillon tells The Associated Press the incident happened at 3:12 p.m. ET and forced security screening to be halted for about 25 minutes. Screening resumed at 3:37 "once state police were satisfied there was no real threat," The Hartford Courant reports. Fortunately for fliers, the terminal was not evacuated.

Rickard is being held on $25,000 bail and now faces several criminal charges, Lt. J. Paul Vance of the Connecticut State Police says to The Republican newspaper of Springfield, Mass.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/todayinthesky/2013/08/06/man-arrested-for-telling-tsa-screeners-i-have-a-bomb/2623315/

It appears that he was never convicted, nor did he go to trial at Enfield Superior Court in Conn and that the matter was dropped after the second hearing. There may have been a fine involved but the records don't list it.

And this brings up another point. In this case the halted security checking until they verified he didn't have anything. Yet in Aldon's case they just let him go to wander the airport until they could find police to go track him down. Me thinks the series of events as they are being portrayed may not have happened as such.
Where does it say that?

That's a good sign. If it was something they felt was egregious enough, something that they could definitely win in court, they wouldn't be holding back. I think they'll let some time pass and late on a Friday afternoon, a week, a couple weeks, even a month or two from now you'll hear that all charges will be dropped.
My question is plain and simple will he be in a 49er uniform this season on the field yes or no ?
L.A. District Attorney: No charges filed against Smith, yet #49ers [CSN Bay Area] http://t.co/LtvvD8aJLk
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Where does it say that?

That's a good sign. If it was something they felt was egregious enough, something that they could definitely win in court, they wouldn't be holding back. I think they'll let some time pass and late on a Friday afternoon, a week, a couple weeks, even a month or two from now you'll hear that all charges will be dropped.

you are likely right.

although the reason they haven't made a determination is they haven't even seen the file yet...too early to say "looks like charges won't get filed"

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Raul98:
My question is plain and simple will he be in a 49er uniform this season on the field yes or no ?

YES

Originally posted by Raul98:

YES

woo hoooooooo
Originally posted by thl408:
Maybe by "bomb" he meant some really good California weed and was just giving up his weed? Bomb bud.

On 95.7 they had a lady that called in claiming she was behind Smith at the Southwest counter, the security line, and then saw him in line at the terminal McDonalds when the cops confronted Smith. She said Smith was belligerent with both the Southwest counter agent and security, and she was surprised the two people traveling with him didn't tell him to calm down. As far as "bomb" goes, she claims he said "I am the bomb"...but would have to question that, didn't people stop saying that like 15 years ago?
cut him, you cant have some one thinking they are above the team. you know what i hope i spend most of his life in jail. what a waste of talent.
Originally posted by rxrunner:
cut him, you cant have some one thinking they are above the team. you know what i hope i spend most of his life in jail. what a waste of talent.

Share 49ersWebzone