LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

This looks like a classic case of situational idiocy more than anything else. It's bad because of his ridiculous immaturity, but at least it's not another DUI or stabbing for Aldon.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
"@MaioccoCSN: L.A. District Attorney's office: No charges will be filed TODAY regarding Aldon Smith's alleged false report of a bomb threat at LAX."

*that's* a good sign.

they will just file them 2morrow
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
According to Sgt. Ortiz, Smith was going through screening when he asked the TSA agent, "Are you going to search me further?"

Smith was told, "That's not necessary," according to Sgt. Ortiz.

Then, Smith responded, according to Sgt. Ortiz, "Why not? I have a bomb."

That may be what they heard. What would make more sense is if he said "What if I have a bomb?" sarcastically and was misheard. A totally stupid thing to say either way, but the sentence as reported makes no contextual sense, IMO.
[ Edited by captveg on Apr 14, 2014 at 10:53 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This......there's a time and a place for everything. The airport is NOT the place for joking around about bombs and s**t exploding. People are already on a higher than normal level of tension trying to catch a flight......being separated from their family.....etc...etc, go be sarcastic at Applebee's, they won't curr.

Personally, I think the TSA is a joke. I think we should go in the direction of Israel. They don't go messing around and molest people the way the TSA does. They actually catch the bad guys.
"@MaioccoCSN: L.A. District Attorney's office: No charges will be filed TODAY regarding Aldon Smith's alleged false report of a bomb threat at LAX."

*that's* a good sign.

That is a good sign. Just for the sake of argument, what exactly WOULD be the charges if they were filed? Saying the wrong thing to a TSA agent? Illegal sarcasm? Malicious words? He didn't resist police or commit any act of violence so I don't see a Disturbing the Peace thing. Is it a federal crime to make an off-hand sarcastic statement to a TSA agent? I don't know. Maybe it is.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
they will just file them 2morrow

Not necessarily. Looks like the DA will review before filing. Any delay is a good sign in my opinion. That means, to me, it's not as cut and dried as TMZ would like it to be.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:
That is a good sign. Just for the sake of argument, what exactly WOULD be the charges if they were filed? Saying the wrong thing to a TSA agent? Illegal sarcasm? Malicious words? He didn't resist police or commit any act of violence so I don't see a Disturbing the Peace thing. Is it a federal crime to make an off-hand sarcastic statement to a TSA agent? I don't know. Maybe it is.

They guy was searched *twice* and there was no bomb. So you got me as to what charges the DA will file.
He'll probably end up getting fined for the false report of a bomb, but that'll probably be it.
Originally posted by crake49:

*that's* a good sign.

it can be crime..someone posted a lot of pages back the actual code and description.

its say if someone in an airport falsely says the have a bomb, they could be charged
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
What a big dummy

Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
According to Sgt. Ortiz, Smith was going through screening when he asked the TSA agent, "Are you going to search me further?"

Smith was told, "That's not necessary," according to Sgt. Ortiz.

Then, Smith responded, according to Sgt. Ortiz, "Why not? I have a bomb."

That may be what they heard. What would make more sense is if he said "What if I have a bomb?" sarcastically and was misheard. A totally stupid thing to say either way, but the sentence as reported makes no contextual sense, IMO.

if the officials down there went out of their way to mention that Aldon might have been drinking....then it is not far fetched that what ever dialog they put out should be taken with a grain of salt.

I think after he was randomly selected for a second search (after not knowing how the first one went, there might have been annoyance from both sides)...well then he might have said "what? you think I have a bomb or something?"

heck he might not have even used the word bomb.. he could've just said something like "what do you think I have something?" and the TSA agent could've been like "what's that sir...what" gotcha!..and that's enough to start the whole issue.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
He should rename himself aldumb smith. f**king idiot
Either no legal action will occur or it will be quickly dismissed because of lack of evidence.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This......there's a time and a place for everything. The airport is NOT the place for joking around about bombs and s**t exploding. People are already on a higher than normal level of tension trying to catch a flight......being separated from their family.....etc...etc, go be sarcastic at Applebee's, they won't curr.

Personally, I think the TSA is a joke. I think we should go in the direction of Israel. They don't go messing around and molest people the way the TSA does. They actually catch the bad guys.

The Israelis profile on multiple fronts, good luck getting away with that here in the US.
Originally posted by saj4423:
I don't think anything stuck to Pacman Jones and he was suspend for a year.

True, but I think the big difference between Aldon and Pacman is that I don't think Aldon is perceived to be the public danger that Pacman was (in Goodell and the law's eyes). Aldon seems to be a danger to himself mostly, whereas Pacman was involved in inciting shootings against others and possible assault and battery against another. I think that's where you can distinguish Aldon from Pacman.

Neither one of are are model citizens but don't you think firing a gun at his own party to break it up and drunk driving should be perceived to be public dangers?
Share 49ersWebzone