There are 164 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Aldon...

Up for Dumbass of the Offseason Award...

1. Chris Culliver
2. Aldon Smith
3 Kaep/Patton
4. Daniel Kilgore

I refuse to call Kilgore a dumbass. He was intoxicated, but he was literally walking down the street minding his own business.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Apr 14, 2014 at 9:02 AM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
NO WAY the league ignores this.

Yeah, dude is gonna be suspended for sure now
Just get me to the draft and OTA's. I'm so sick of this
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Aldon...

Up for Dumbass of the Offseason Award...

1. Chris Culliver
2. Aldon Smith
3 Kaep/Patton
4. Daniel Kilgore

I refuse to call Kilgore a dumbass. He was intoxicated, but all he was literally walking down the street minding his own business.
he was looking for his brass knuckles so he could kidnap a girl, assault her then threaten to blow up an airplane, i wouldnt call that minding his own business
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
I am starting to feel a bit snake bit. Two years ago we lose a Superbowl trip because Kyle Williams can't field a couple of punts. Last year we lose the Superbowl because Aldon and Justin Smith were injured and ineffective playing hurt. This past season we lose a trip to the Superbowl in Seattle with a bunch of bad calls and a failed last drive and if we hadn't lost Crabtree in preseason and Aldon during the season we probably would have been playing at home anyway.

Now we have to deal with all this crap. What the hell is wrong with these guys? The rest of us could only dream of getting to play the game we love and make Millions of dollars a year to do it. They have no appreciation for how lucky they are. Aldon makes almost $10 million this year. That's way more than most of us see in a lifetime and he couldn't care less. There is nothing I wouldn't give up except breathing for $10 Million. He can't give up being a thug and an idiot.

Everything looked real sweet going into this draft. Now we have an extra need at CB because of Culliver and we have to worry about our pass rush because of Smith.

WTF?

CB and Pass rush are where you need good depth anyway, so it might actually have been a good thing. Having said that, yeah I share your sentiments. This usually doesn't happen to super bowl bound teams until *after* they've won the super bowl. I guess it's not as easy winning the 6th super bowl as it is winning the first 5.

The lack of discipline and mental smarts is disturbing, but again - none of the players accused have killed anybody or abused animals or have been involved in a homicide investigation etc... Aldon looks like he was pissed at the TSA and was joking, Culliver looks like he didn't hurt the bicyclist significantly and the brass knuckles are nowhere equivalent to an uzi, and Kaep and Patton haven't even been charged or been talked to by the police yet. So far, in my estimation, these look like they are very low grade felonies that can be pled down to misdemeanors or infractions, which usually don't result in jail time. *usually.*
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
he was looking for his brass knuckles so he could kidnap a girl, assault her then threaten to blow up an airplane, i wouldnt call that minding his own business

Purely hypothetical here, but it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that Aldon is suspended and we start the year without Bowman and Aldon.
Originally posted by theduke85:
Purely hypothetical here, but it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that Aldon is suspended and we start the year without Bowman and Aldon.

Kap is going to have the elevate the team. Turnover in the backfield an possibly missing Aldon and the D MVP. I think there's a good chance they start off as a shadow of themselves.
Originally posted by English:
These things happen daily, hourly. He will get slapped, pay a small price one way or another and that will be that.
I don't think this incident is a big deal, but the fact remains that this is his fourth arrest since 2012. I think he's going to get suspended by Goodell.

I will go one further...I think I agree that it needs to be done. Something needs to be done to try and wake him up to where he is headed. You cant keep doing crap like this and expect everything to turn out OK.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
I am starting to feel a bit snake bit. Two years ago we lose a Superbowl trip because Kyle Williams can't field a couple of punts. Last year we lose the Superbowl because Aldon and Justin Smith were injured and ineffective playing hurt. This past season we lose a trip to the Superbowl in Seattle with a bunch of bad calls and a failed last drive and if we hadn't lost Crabtree in preseason and Aldon during the season we probably would have been playing at home anyway.

Now we have to deal with all this crap. What the hell is wrong with these guys? The rest of us could only dream of getting to play the game we love and make Millions of dollars a year to do it. They have no appreciation for how lucky they are. Aldon makes almost $10 million this year. That's way more than most of us see in a lifetime and he couldn't care less. There is nothing I wouldn't give up except breathing for $10 Million. He can't give up being a thug and an idiot.

Everything looked real sweet going into this draft. Now we have an extra need at CB because of Culliver and we have to worry about our pass rush because of Smith.

WTF?

CB and Pass rush are where you need good depth anyway, so it might actually have been a good thing. Having said that, yeah I share your sentiments. This usually doesn't happen to super bowl bound teams until *after* they've won the super bowl. I guess it's not as easy winning the 6th super bowl as it is winning the first 5.

The lack of discipline and mental smarts is disturbing, but again - none of the players accused have killed anybody or abused animals or have been involved in a homicide investigation etc... Aldon looks like he was pissed at the TSA and was joking, Culliver looks like he didn't hurt the bicyclist significantly and the brass knuckles are nowhere equivalent to an uzi, and Kaep and Patton haven't even been charged or been talked to by the police yet. So far, in my estimation, these look like they are very low grade felonies that can be pled down to misdemeanors or infractions, which usually don't result in jail time. *usually.*

How many charges can pile up for Aldon before he is suspended?

I'm a huge Harbaugh fan, but I've got to think this doesn't put a feather in his cap or improve his standing with management. We hear rumblings that he wants to be the highest paid coach in the league, and Baalke is telling him to win a Super Bowl first. He's already ruffled feathers with his public statements that guys should be paid that Baalke apparently didn't even have the intention to resign, and that free agents should be signed where they're never even invited into the building. He lobbies for players contracts against management's perceived negotiating interests. That's outside his job description. He makes leading statements like "Kaep knows what he's worth", which may not be helpful to managements efforts to save some cap space for someone else. We even hear rumblings that some of the players are not too fond of him. Then he took a public shot at Seattle's performing enhancing drugs problem, and the Yorks are probably thinking that's more than a little embarrassing right now. Jim's an ex player that tries to endear himself to his players by being one of the boys, but it's starting to look like some of his boys need more of a father figure with at least a small dose of the disciplinarian in him, and that's not happening. He will not call out a player under any circumstances. All of this with the backdrop of three seasons where we were so close to that sixth Lombardi, but could not get over the hump. We think this hurts us. We know this has got to be such a huge dissapointment to the Yorks. And make your own judgement on what the Yorks think of this, but they may think like I do that Harbs has had three years with his hand picked qb, and he seems to know little more about playing the position than when he came into the league. Any small improvement the last two years would have made the difference and gotten us over the hump, and that result is not what they hired him for or expected of him. And now we've got all of this bad publicity. I want Harbaugh to get a long term contract, and it's just my opinion, but I'm afraid he needs to make some changes or that's not going to happen.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
if that is what it takes to wake him up then suspend him and let the chips fall where they may. lots of unneeded drama with our team this year . wonder how JH feels about it as he is the king of drama

Anything is possible.

IMO, if the media makes a VERY big deal of this and keeps the story alive it could happen.

VER glad we have Lemoniere, Skuta and Wilhoite coming off the bench.

Have they resolved the gun issue yet?

Have they resolved the gun issue yet?

no