LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

I have to admit, the update to the thread title is a good one
I'd trade Aldon Smith and 30th pick to the Raiders for J. Clowney.
Originally posted by TheBigDemonWillis52:

Well thank god you're not our GM
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IT21:
It's weird cause it's not like our players are bad people. No one is abusing anyone lol.
It's just stupid things like telling TSA "I have a bomb" when you don't. Or fleeing from a car accident when you shouldn't have.

It's nothing horrible, just a lot of stupidity from a few players

Yeah, I agree, just a bunch of real stupid stuff.

This.

Clowney can't even carry Smith's jockstrap and is a character risk himself.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

This.

At least, Clowney wouldn't want to make a fool of himself at front of Marcus Lattimore. Didn't you watch Clowney's pro day?.....
Originally posted by btthepunk:

This.

At least, Clowney wouldn't want to make a fool of himself at front of Marcus Lattimore. Didn't you watch Clowney's pro day?.....

Yeah, he looked good. Not 30+ sacks in his first 2 seasons good though. If Willis, Bowman, Gore, and J. Smith can't keep Aldon out of trouble what makes you think Lattimore can keep Clowney from f**kin up?
I'm hoping Vernon, Patrick and some of the other veterans step up and send a message to the rest of the team. It shouldn't come down to that with grown men, but let's call a spade a spade at this point.

I don't think Eddie would have tolerated this type of behavior, especially after three straight years of not sealing the deal. This could be Jed's chance to step up as well.
Do you realize we have 377 pages mostly about his arrests, felony charges, Dui's, driving off the road, hitting dear, shooting guns in the air, saying "bomb" at the airport? Dude is seriously a big time mess......
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
What in the F***************K is wrong with Aldon Smith!!!!!

This team is getting blindsided with off-season bullsh!t!!!

1. Harbaugh almost traded to Cleveland.

2. Harbaugh's contract or lack there of, is blown up by the media in the beginning of January.

3. Harbaugh and Baalke butting heads well at least that's what the media is saying.

4. Chris Culliver's dumb ass

5. Kaepernick incident.....more team distraction.

6. And not this s**t again but ladies and gentlemen I give you......Aldon Smith!!!!!

So what now, instead of Darqueze Dennard with the first pick, Baalke gonna trade up for Kony Ealy???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I don't think all of a sudden their going to change their approach in the draft. This whole thing is probably not going to blow over for another year. Next years draft seems when we will take a replacement if things don't go well with Aldon.
Once is an Accident, Twice is a Coincidence, Three Times is a Pattern,

Then there's Aldon Smith's crime spree where screwing up three times isn't a pattern. It's Friday.

I think we've long passed the point of diminishing returns on this dude. The 49ers have become the new Raiders of the NFL with all the criminality and stupidity and Smith is Public Enemy #1. Even if he somehow holds on to his place on this team (and by now it should be by the thinnest of threads), how long is the suspension going to be coming from Roger Goodell's office? The commissioner was probably already ticked off by the poor box office performance of Draft Day and when he heard what spectacularly stupid thing Smith had done this time he had to thinking, "Geez, not THIS guy again?"

I hate the idea of Aldon Smith in a Seattle Seahawk uniform terrorizing the 49ers two or more times a season, but I'm beginning to hate the idea of Aldon Smith in a 49ers uniform at all.

Sometimes you have to cut out a cancer before it can spread and kill the entire body and that may mean cutting loose some body parts you're pretty fond of. If you're Jed York and what we can laughingly call the 49ers "brain trust" you have GOT to be thinking of trading Smith for a low draft choice and a empty six-pack of beer to be name later and cut your losses because it is obvious he does not get it. He never will get it and he doesn't even seem to want to get it.

Give a guy enough chances to show what he's really like and eventually he will. Aldon Smith has shown he is immature, has no self-control, is probably an alcoholic, and has become so much trouble off the field that whatever he does contribute on the field isn't worth the hassle of waiting for his next meltdown.

The 49ers should trade Aldon Smith if they can. Or cut him if they can't. No more chances. It's time to say "bye-bye" to this ongoing human migraine. Who needs this crap?

I want my 49ers back and getting them back means Aldon Smith's gotta GO!

[ Edited by Ohio49er on Apr 14, 2014 at 3:02 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Exactly. The Patriots, Ravens, and Steelers are all recent Super Bowl winning teams with "classy" organizations, yet have been involved in murders, gangs, and rape, where all cases went into a court room.

Aldon has only gone to court for owning slightly illegal weapons, and Culliver has been to court for owning a piece of metal. We haven't even approached the level of depravity those Super Bowl Champions have.

Some sanity exists on this thread.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
What in the F***************K is wrong with Aldon Smith!!!!!

This team is getting blindsided with off-season bullsh!t!!!

1. Harbaugh almost traded to Cleveland.

2. Harbaugh's contract or lack there of, is blown up by the media in the beginning of January.

3. Harbaugh and Baalke butting heads well at least that's what the media is saying.

4. Chris Culliver's dumb ass

5. Kaepernick incident.....more team distraction.

6. And not this s**t again but ladies and gentlemen I give you......Aldon Smith!!!!!

So what now, instead of Darqueze Dennard with the first pick, Baalke gonna trade up for Kony Ealy???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well at least we can't say this has been a boring offseason lol.

Look on the bright side, this is an improvement over his last arrest, because he didn't drive!!
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by LVJay:
With all the legal problems hovering around us, we better win the big one soon... Steelers / Ravens did it

All our shiznit doesn't even compare to Raplisburger and Killa Lewis.................

Exactly. The Patriots, Ravens, and Steelers are all recent Super Bowl winning teams with "classy" organizations, yet have been involved in murders, gangs, and rape, where all cases went into a court room.

Aldon has only gone to court for owning slightly illegal weapons, and Culliver has been to court for owning a piece of metal. We haven't even approached the level of depravity those Super Bowl Champions have.

Slightly illegal weapons and a piece of metal? If they rape somebody would you classify that as a slight disagreement about sex?

I've never seen people make this many excuses for players committing felonies in my life

Can they do anything wrong at this point?

So are you already accusing Kap?
Share 49ersWebzone