LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 173 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
ya he had a full practice espn just said. he cut his hair and patrick willis and bowman said he was one of the only ones who werent winded after some drill they had to do so it looks like hes in game shape as far as conditioning goes

f**k yea. I hope he's ready to rape newton.
that is part of the whole rehab program

Gotta let his stresses out on something right? Better newton then a bottle.

Oh great!! Maybe he can get a plea bargin because Cam was "asking for it"?
Does anyone else think that the manner in which the Niners handled this would actually increase our chances of signing Aldon to a relatively more favorable deal?

1. He was suspended WITH pay.
2. There appeared to be unconditional support from both Trent Balke and Jim Harbaugh despite the re-occurring incidents -- as Balke stated that the whole process was highly detailed in structure.
3. The apparent Locker-room support and rapport, as no player appeared to turn their back on Aldon.

If our team's patience serves pivotal in Aldon fighting off his demons, I find it difficult to see Aldon not reciprocating his gratitude -- through, let's say, a reasonable contract?

No? Yeah, you're probably right.
Great to hear & see Aldon back on the field!
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Does anyone else think that the manner in which the Niners handled this would actually increase our chances of signing Aldon to a relatively more favorable deal?

2. There appeared to be unconditional support from both Trent Balke and Jim Harbaugh despite the re-occurring incidents -- as Balke stated that the whole process was highly detailed in structure.
3. The apparent Locker-room support and rapport, as no player appeared to turn their back on Aldon.

If our team's patience serves pivotal in Aldon fighting off his demons, I find it difficult to see Aldon not reciprocating his gratitude -- through, let's say, a reasonable contract?

i think he gets paid what he was going to if this didnt happen but with language in the contract to protect the team in case it happens again

Well what's a reasonable figure

I'm gonna say they we don't get a discount out of it. Aldon seems like he's immature and kind of stupid. The type of guy who, when free agency rolls around, is going to be licking his chops at the thought of getting the biggest offer -- loyalty be damned.

Just my opinion though. He just strikes me as a guy with a sense of entitlement, and I think it's wishful thinking to believe we'll save money from how we handled this.
Originally posted by RabidNiner:

His clothes were just too sexy and he was sending out vibes.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

I dunno, Aldon might purposely poke a hole in the condom so Cam births his child, and he'd get away with it.

Problem is the greedy agents get in the way. It's up to a player to tell an agent I want to be here and I'll take less to stay here. Problem is doesn't seem like guys do that they just let the agent handle their business. The agents pretty much care about getting a salary that is equal to players who put up similar #'s. I mean why else does Flacco need 120 million instead of 90-100 million allowing them to keep guys like Boldin and possibly Reed and Ellerbe. The agents see oh he got this much (even if desperate team overpaid) nd we are as good or better than them so we should get as much or more. It's almost like these players and agents want just a huge number to brag about Even if it's like Nate Clements case where the last year was nullified automatically so was like 7 years 70 million instead of 8 years 8 million. Guy ended up with like 4 years 42 million or so but he got to say he was the highest paid defensive player in history. Look at Iupati, wonder if the guy would even speak up since he is so quiet and say I want to be here, I will take less to be here. Maybe he said I'll take 30 million and the agent said no way I'll get you 50 million even if its from someone else. It's up to the player to make sure a deal gets done because if you let agents handle it they fight tooth and nail to the end and they don't like to cave in.

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by btthepunk:

I dunno, Aldon might purposely poke a hole in the condom so Cam births his child, and he'd get away with it.

That kid would be F**ked. Total head case, dads a drunk with violent tendencies and the mom has a superman complex with the mentality of a 12 year old.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by ChickenandWaffles:
Those parents should have their children taken away.

He's seems pretty healthy. Although I agree that it is probably not good for him to do that.

However, you have to look at it in context. It could be worse for the kid. Obviously, they have enough money to afford the cigarettes, so that kid has it a LOT better off than most and he is probably making them some money. The extra money obviously gives them enough to feed him well. Better to smoke a pack a day and eat, then not smoke anything and starve.
There are young girls in that family too, so obviously they didn't sell them into slavery. There are many parents from impoverished area's who would sell their daughters into slavery for $5.
So in context, that fat kid, and that family, is extremely fortunate.

You somehow did a reasonable job of justifying an infant smoking.

You should look into politics.

seriously, not gonna lie though, I didn't look at the previous page first and thought wtf are they talking about? What did Aldon do now? And it involves his kids, face palm.

LOL. Talk about out-of-context.
Originally posted by crabman82:

i think he gets paid what he was going to if this didnt happen but with language in the contract to protect the team in case it happens again

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Our front office does a hell of a job with incentive-based contracts.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by xela510:
Anyone know if he's practicing today?

Yes he had his first interview with the media today also, and if you havent seen pics of him since rehab your in for a pleasant surprise.

That was a great interview.

Well what's a reasonable figure

Considering that I'm no expert like AB83, I wouldn't know an exact figure.

I'm just assuming something that wouldn't cripple our ability to re-sign other important free agents-to-be. (e.g., NOT a Mike Wallace or Mario Williams type of deal).
Share 49ersWebzone