LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

He's gonna be suspended next year not this year.
Although I am not one of those in the know, I seriously doubt he will be able to contribute to our pass rush this season. The boy is in big f'n trouble, make no mistake about it.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Aldon Smith will probably not be charged, nor suspended.

-Von Miller made a horrible example of the NFL (and himself), while Aldon did the complete opposite. Smith threw himself into rehab during the season, turned the felony-related weapons in, and turned himself in to the police (just minutes after exiting rehab). -That's a good message/example to send to the rest of the NFL, 49ers are a classy organization.

Damn I hope so!
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Although I am not one of those in the know, I seriously doubt he will be able to contribute to our pass rush this season. The boy is in big f'n trouble, make no mistake about it.

I don't, although he could be potentially in serious trouble, I dont think it even hits court until the end of the season.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch17m
#49ers Jim Harbaugh said on @957thegame he met with Aldon Smith at team facility today. Said LB "looks great."

Nice
Originally posted by lamontb:
He's gonna be suspended next year not this year.

May get time served.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/26/goodell-says-aldon-smith-entering-rehab-will-count-in-his-favor/

Chill.
Originally posted by candlestick49er:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
No way Aldon Smith is not the 49ers leading sack man next year lets not over think things

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Aldon at all. In fact its the opposite. I'm just stating that his presence can't be ignored and teams will be forced to double team him, which will make things easier for his teammates. Here's some examples of what I mean:

1. Julius Peppers was Carolina's best pass rusher during his time there. He recorded 12 sacks in 12 games as a rookie in 2002. The following season (2003), he recorded 7 sacks in 16 games. Although his sack totals weren't as high as the previous year, he was still a dominant force. His impact was seen through the production of his teammates. That season, Mike Rucker led the Panthers in sacks with 12 (a career high for him). Rucker wasn't the best pass rusher on the team, but his job was made easier because Peppers drew most of the attention from offenses.

2. Terrell Suggs in 2004 led the Ravens in sacks with 10.5 in 16 games. The next two seasons, he finished behind Adalius Thomas in sacks. Despite finishing behind him, Suggs was obviously a better pass rusher than Thomas (who we later found out wasn't as good as originally thought). Suggs wasn't Baltimore's sack leader in those seasons but he was still a threat that offenses had to account for. Like the Peppers example above, Suggs' impact was seen through the production of his teammates. He helped his defense not by recording sacks, but by drawing attention and helping Thomas get to the QB easier.

Aldon obviously has the ability to lead the team in sacks again next year, I'm not disputing that. In fact, I won't be surprised if he becomes the league's sack leader. I'm just saying that his impact will be deeper than sack totals. By drawing more attention, its possible that he could help somebody else (Ahmad Brooks?) become the team's sack leader.

you cant double team aldon AND cowboy lol

good luck nfl
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
if he doesn't play in the panthers game, i'll blow all of you. he's playing.
Hopefully he changes his life around...

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
if he doesn't play in the panthers game, i'll blow all of you. he's playing.

I sure hope he is playing if that's the case
Props Aldon this clearly shows yours trying to turn your life around. I highly doubt he will serve time
  • buck
  • Veteran

The three felony charges against Aldon are, in my humble opinion, are less of a problem than his drinking problems.
Entering rehabilitation was the correct thing to do--a good decision on his part.

He needs to continue making good decisions, and I think, or hope, that he will.

I think he will plead guilty and receive probation on the weapons charges. He will not face any suspension until the legal issues have been resolved.
And they will not be resolved until after the season is done.

I tend to think that Aldon Smith will play this year and contribute mightily to our pass rush this year and for years to come.

I wish him the best of luck, but he does need to make good decisions going forward.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Props Aldon this clearly shows yours trying to turn your life around. I highly doubt he will serve time

I think him trying to clean himself up along with keeping his deal of turning himself in by the end of this month will help him in that factor.

Dude have you seen the case load in most courts? His legal team with back all of this up till Feb or March he most likely will get off pretty easy on the DUI because of his rehab stint and the Gun charges are going to be reduced or dropped. California has one screwed up set of gun laws that I would believe many people are in violation because they are unaware the modifications must be made to many weapons in Cali. Ignorance of the law is no excuse but it will help.
Share 49ersWebzone