LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i shot marvin in the face and I didn't serve any time.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Oct 25, 2013 at 11:46 AM ]
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by matt49er:
then why didn't you say that? Reality is that you read what you wrote originally after people mocked you and now you're back-peddling.

REALITY is people need to wake up. Harbs and Baalke say they are HOPEFUL he will be back during the bye. Does not guarantee anything. And if he does return, can he be immediately re-inserted into the starting lineup despite not playing for over 30 days? Now there's an article saying he could be facing 4 years in jail. Real sad stuff but still hoping he can finish the season for us.

LMFAO @ 4 years in jail.

yea.

You must not know how things work legally if you think he will face 4 years in jail. That's my point. It's pretty obvious to anyone that knows how these things work that he will not be getting 4 years in jail.

I said there was an article on it. It's not what I think. I just brought up that there is an article that states he could face 4 years in jail. lmao

"yea "
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
i hot marvin in the face and I didn't serve any time.

lol you hot his face? You have the hots for his.
then why didn't you say that? Reality is that you read what you wrote originally after people mocked you and now you're back-peddling.

REALITY is people need to wake up. Harbs and Baalke say they are HOPEFUL he will be back during the bye. Does not guarantee anything. And if he does return, can he be immediately re-inserted into the starting lineup despite not playing for over 30 days? Now there's an article saying he could be facing 4 years in jail. Real sad stuff but still hoping he can finish the season for us.

LMFAO @ 4 years in jail.

yea.

You must not know how things work legally if you think he will face 4 years in jail. That's my point. It's pretty obvious to anyone that knows how these things work that he will not be getting 4 years in jail.

I said there was an article on it. It's not what I think. I just brought up that there is an article that states he could face 4 years in jail. lmao

"yea "

yea... with that face... meaning... yeah..... kinda outrageous.... or, yea, agreed....
...anyone who still thinks there is ANY chance Aldon serves ANY significant time in prison, let alone 4 years is simply not paying attention.

Its all good, but the media tends to rehash stuff we've known for months because they need something to talk about.

LMFAO @ 4 years in jail.

yea.

"yea "

yea... with that face... meaning... yeah..... kinda outrageous.... or, yea, agreed....

Originally posted by Marvin49:
...anyone who still thinks there is ANY chance Aldon serves ANY significant time in prison, let alone 4 years is simply not paying attention.

Its all good, but the media tends to rehash stuff we've known for months because they need something to talk about.

Haha aw man for some reason when you posted this I thought you were billi and I was like you flip flop! Then I read it again and it was by Marv

marshawn lynch ran someone over and killed them and i dont remember him getting suspended too long, let alone any jail time

LMFAO @ 4 years in jail.

yea.

"yea "

[ Edited by defenderDX on Oct 25, 2013 at 12:21 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Maybe already asked, but with self imposed suspension for rehab, is aldon going to get more suspension from league when he returns. I mean, c'mon, the guy turned himself in, has lost games already, and it would seem wrong to suspend him once out of rehab. What's the league skinny on this?

hes legal issues have to run their course before he gets a suspension. he deserves one. if this were an elite seahawks player we'd be offended they could sneak off to rehab for a month or so and completely avoid a league suspension.

I mean, he's missing games already, even though he's not officially "suspended."

Any discipline administered by the team or Aldon himself is completely separate from punishment for league violations. If the league states that "Penalty X" is to be served for "Violation A", then that's that.

A team has the option of providing further discipline or even discipline before league investigation is complete but, again, these are separate entities. The NFL is responsible for enforcing it's own policy.

That said, even if Smith is convicted of DUI this time, the previous charge was reduced or dropped (I forget which). This would make it a lot tougher for the league to administer punishment while remaining consistent.

Also, even missing games this season Smith is being paid in full. I doubt the same would happen if he was suspended by the NFL.

I can honestly say that I have been through an almost identical situation as Aldon and that the ONLY reason charges are being pursued at this time is because of the lawsuits filed. Opposing attorneys do their own investigations and have put pressure on the DA to file the charges. I'm not saying they will be dropped, but not aggressively pursued. Of my 3 felony gun charges, I pled them all down to 1 misdemeanor. I expect a similar outcome in Aldon's case.
Some stats:

With Aldon Smith, defense gave up 28 pts on avg.
Without, defense gave up less than 13pts.

I'm sure there are a bunch of reasons for this...they always are....but great to see the defense playing well even withtrue loss of key players. A lot of credit to the guys stepping in, and to the coaching staff for putting them in the right spots.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Some stats:

I'm sure there are a bunch of reasons for this...they always are....but great to see the defense playing well even withtrue loss of key players. A lot of credit to the guys stepping in, and to the coaching staff for putting them in the right spots.

Two reasons. Aaron Rogers and Andrew Luck
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

marshawn lynch ran someone over and killed them and i dont remember him getting suspended too long, let alone any jail time

And on top of that, he got a DUI last year and I don't see the team holding him out of games or him missing games for any reason. His court proceedings will end sometime in the off season just like Smith's and he'll be suspended for some number of games next season, just like Smith. Neither of them are going to jail.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Some stats:

Helps we went from playing Packers, Seattle and Colts to bad Texans, Rams, Cardinals and Titans. Not horrible teams but average. Another big reason is Brock has stepped up a ton. I think Lemonier and Skuta are solid but neither is going to come close to getting the sacks Aldon got. Don't think Lemonier has been too bad with getting pressures but hasn't gotten the sacks we want. I think we can win without him but once we play the elite QB's we will really miss him. Anyways, until he gets his legal stuff figured out and his problems taken care of no way I sign him to a long term deal. Right now I'd tag him in 2015 and go from there. We will see how everything is going in 2014 though.
Share 49ersWebzone