LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 147 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by FL9er:
LOL, Adam Schefter (not that that schmuck is the end all be all) said that the 49ers are "moving forward" as if Aldon is done for the season.

gotta link? cause i heard differently on KNBR around noon.

Will i think it would be a great idea for aldon to take over tha rest of tha yr N come back strong next yr ...
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
LOL, Adam Schefter (not that that schmuck is the end all be all) said that the 49ers are "moving forward" as if Aldon is done for the season.

Will i think it would be a great idea for aldon to take over tha rest of tha yr N come back strong next yr ...

no thanks, i want to win the super bowl this year
I think Aldon is coming back after the bye, it's now looking like the assault arms case is gonna turn into a mistrial (cause the questioning/police procedure was amiss), the Sheriff was schmoozing with Aldon after the incident, and invited Aldon to go shooting with her at a private range).

People will be screaming like mad that Aldon is getting the 'star' treatment, but personally, I think this is his second chance to make things right for himself, cause the next time he f**ks up, it's over.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Oct 21, 2013 at 5:20 PM ]
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

Will thats u but aldon alot more then just a 49er ...he needs to get his head N life in order deal with tha NFL N tha law first ...
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I think Aldon is coming back after the bye, it's now looking like the assault arms case is gonna turn into a mistrial (cause the questioning/police procedure was amiss), the Sheriff was schmoozing with Aldon after the incident, and invited Aldon to go shooting with her at a private range).

People will be screaming like mad that Aldon is getting the 'star' treatment, but personally, I think this is his second chance to make things right for himself, cause the next time he f**ks up, it's over.

After the bye was my thought as well. If he is out for the year I will really be shocked and disappointed.

Will thats u but aldon alot more then just a 49er ...he needs to get his head N life in order deal with tha NFL N tha law first ...
As long as he can get counseling and his drinking in control he will be fine. You can do all of that while playing and practicing. All of the legal s**t will take time and waiting around doing nothing will not help it. It's easily manageable and probably good for him to have something to do. Like commit himself to his career.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

As long as he can get counseling and his drinking in control he will be fine. You can do all of that while playing and practicing. All of the legal s**t will take time and waiting around doing nothing will not help it. It's easily manageable and probably good for him to have something to do. Like commit himself to his career.

Yeah, you can make an argument that football can serve as a its own therapy, assuming he can earn it first.

Yea cause hes only a football player not human i forgot
[ Edited by tatdwolf49 on Oct 21, 2013 at 5:31 PM ]
just an opinion of one person but I really hope that the 49ers dont bring back Aldon this season. if they(49ers and Aldon) are dealing with rehab as a front to seem like he is trying to get better just to rush him back as soon as possible is not a good idea. He is on his rookie contract still and im all for him sitting the season and getting his head on right. Drinking and owning illegal guns isn't the problem its what you do when you get drunk that is the problem. If he rushes back to help with a super bowl run like most fans want and doesn't come back with his head right who cares because he is gonna keep getting in trouble and we will ultimately lose his talent forever. On the other hand if he stays away from football while learning from his mistakes he might realize whats at stake and we can have him back with a real focus on his career. If he was dangerous before imagine him focused.

This. Most regular people with a drinking/behavioral problem don't take off from there job for 10 months or a year. They do there 28-60-90 day stints in rehab and come back to it. The structure of working 6 days a week will be better IMO then him left to his own devices. Although if he didn't play but he spent time with his folks, and did different things to structure his time i am sure he would do well too. But this guy is being paid good money to be there for his team, and as long as he has had a wake up call and some beginning to a treatment that will last much longer than any rehab stint, then i am good with him playing.

The selfish fan in me wanted him to do outpatient rehab to start with, something tells me he is not an alcoholic. Just a hunch but i don't believe from how in shape and ready to play he was that he had to drink every day, i think he probably drank too much especially on certain occasions, but out and out alcoholics can not stop, there are a lot of hard drinkers out there that claim to be alcoholics because they retired or got bored and started drinking way too much, and while it is a problem, i dont see these types carry the same traits of an "Alcoholic."

I think he has a behavioral problem possibly stemming from the new money, lime light, power over social circles, women, etc etc. But the 49ers will continue to have him seek treatment and give this guy some of the best treatment money can pay for, as long as he follows the path his doctors and organization lay out for him at first, i have no doubts he can structure his own life into a success after the legal cases and heavy hands on treatment is over.

Originally posted by teylo31:
just an opinion of one person but I really hope that the 49ers dont bring back Aldon this season.

signed,

Seaderall Fan

yea seriously, our pass rusher is non existant without aldon
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
I am done with Aldon and I mean it. If he comes back all ready to play with his head on straight, that's great. But I am going to assume nothing. He has more issues that a stint in rehab can't help and some that can. I just want him to act like a man and not try to fill some image of a ghetto goblin with a bunch of money. He is too good to throw his life away on stupid mistakes, yet so many are so good at doing it.

I really hope that he "got it" while out and doesn't go back to anything that could hurt the team or himself, but until he proves otherwise, I am good without him.

you will be loving him again after his first sack back

Yeah.. Probably, but I'm not missing him that much right now. OK, be nice to have him back for 12/8.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

Non-existent? Looked like Locker was running for his life and throwing balls away.
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

Non-existent? Looked like Locker was running for his life and throwing balls away.

its not as potent, think only justin smith got a sac, and no sacs last week, QBs seem to have another second or two to throw since he left, let me remind you we having been playing any legit playoff teams as of late either. we could get away with it since our offense is pretty potent, you can win the superbowl with a potent offense and average defense.
Share 49ersWebzone