LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Correct.

I'm not a gun advocate by any means, but nothing wrong with owning a firearm.

Yeah, it's the bullets that are the problem.

well

aldon is done in the nfl
Originally posted by RonMexico:
well

aldon is done in the nfl

This thought makes me a sad panda
The more time I've had to think about this the more upset it makes me. I can only imagine how pissed the rest of the players are. Our best and only pure pass rusher on the team decides to check out mentally and physically for a major portion of the season in which was supposed to be a superbowl run. What a selfish d-bag.

I'm glad he's getting help if he genuinely needs it but I'm guessing this whole rehab thing is more about saving face than anything. Hopefully they can help him overcome stupidity as well as alcohol because he really let a lot of people down here. I know this is all supposed to be about Aldon getting better and I know he doesn't care about letting fans down but letting down guys like Justin Smith and Ray Mac has to sting. Hopefully he learns from this and we see a reformed and healthy Aldon moving forward. Otherwise, its back to never ending search for an elite pass rusher and those guys don't grow on trees.
well

aldon is done in the nfl

Maybe for the season but not in the NFL.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
The more time I've had to think about this the more upset it makes me. I can only imagine how pissed the rest of the players are. Our best and only pure pass rusher on the team decides to check out mentally and physically for a major portion of the season in which was supposed to be a superbowl run. What a selfish d-bag.

I'm glad he's getting help if he genuinely needs it but I'm guessing this whole rehab thing is more about saving face than anything. Hopefully they can help him overcome stupidity as well as alcohol because he really let a lot of people down here. I know this is all supposed to be about Aldon getting better and I know he doesn't care about letting fans down but letting down guys like Justin Smith and Ray Mac has to sting. Hopefully he learns from this and we see a reformed and healthy Aldon moving forward. Otherwise, its back to never ending search for an elite pass rusher and those guys don't grow on trees.

Uh yeah I highly doubt the players are pissef at Aldon for seeking help with his addiction. It's bigger than football it's his life here.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerG94:

Even if Timsula....
  • Dapro
  • Veteran
Now he gets weapons charge. What is wrong with this guy?
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
well

aldon is done in the nfl

Maybe for the season but not in the NFL.

not even for the season
Originally posted by Dapro:
Now he gets weapons charge. What is wrong with this guy?

This isn't something that just happened. It's just that the DA decided to file charges now.

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by Baldie:
Why is Aldon buying guns anwyay????

I hope isn't hanging around folks like Aaron Hernandez was....

There is nothing wrong with owning a firearm

Correct.

Correct: Nothing wrong with owning a firearm.

Also Correct: SOMETHING MAJORLY WRONG firing off firearms to get rid of people YOU INVITED TO A DAMN PARTY

Also Correct: SOMETHING CRIMINAL WITH SHOOTING PEOPLE you invited to a party.

Two people got shot and wounded with guns fired by Aldon Smith and Delanie Walker, people. That IS a problem, no matter how you slice it and dice it.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Correct.

Also Correct: SOMETHING MAJORLY WRONG firing off firearms to get rid of people YOU INVITED TO A DAMN PARTY

Two people got shot and wounded with guns fired by Aldon Smith and Delanie Walker, people. That IS a problem, no matter how you slice it and dice it.

if he really shot some people ..then Aldon would be in Police custody
I think Aldon's days with the 49ers are pretty much over.

As for the end of his NFL career -- eh -- I don't know. There's no doubt the kid has great talent.

It's just that ten cent brain of his keeps getting him into trouble.
Shouldve kept Cam.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Correct.

Whoa whoa. Calm down. The people that were shot were NOT shot by Aldon's guns. The charges are simply charges of violating California firearms laws, not of assaulting anyone with those firearms.
Share 49ersWebzone