LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by TheChozen:
The guy waited over a year to file a lawsuit? Yeah, that screams credibility.

When it comes to the American legal system that sounds about right.

They have to put the case together, and make sure they have a chance at winning, or that there is enough money in a settlement. If Aldon wasn't wealthy, it would never happen.
Lawyers make a living LOOKING for people with deep pockets, then, all they need is the slightest reason to sue them. They just have to convince a jury that something is "more likely true than not true" in a civil case, they don't have to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt".

Better call Saul!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
You seek yoda,

help you I will

haha,, thank you,, you are a good citizen
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Oh yes he WILL get paid. The question is how much.

Did you know if someone trips and falls on the sidewalk outside your house, they can sue you back to the stone age?
He was shot on his property. They'll probably sue for five million, and settle for a couple hundred grand.

Learn to read. He wasn't shot.. He was shot at. He is suing cause supposedly Walker and Aldon were firing shots into the air. He is taking that as being shot at.

Thanks for the advice, but as it turns out, I chose not to read it, although I had the ability.

I didn't realize there was a separate shooting incident at the party (or different party). Nor did I realize that Walker and Aldon were stupidly firing shots into the air. Oh boy. This is the first thing I have heard about Aldon doing that was beyond stupid. I don't care about the lawsuit. WTF were Walker and Aldon doing?
They aren't living in some backwater small southern town, where you can probably get away with this. I hope they get a clue. I actually hope he loses the lawsuit.
Originally posted by RealShaloop:
Well then couldnt you turn around and sue the city or whoever paved the sidewalk/road?

By law, the sidewalk is your responsibility, although it is owned by the city.
While I don't know the complete details, I actually have a buddy that works for the Santa Clara Police Department and he was one of the officers that had to respond to this party last year. I didn't believe him when he initially told me, it was so farfetched, but a soon as I read this article I kind of freaked out.

I'm waiting for his call to get more details, but allegedly, when he first told me the story, it involved a group of Sureños who weren't let into Aldon's party. Verbal altercations were exchanged. The group left, but shots were later fired toward Aldon's home, and Aldon, Delanie Walker, and another non-49er fired back. Santa Clara police responded, but oddly enough no arrests were made -- which is why I never believed the story to begin with.

This is such a bizarre situation, I truly hope it doesn't turn into anything more than hearsay. This is insane. If I can get any more insight, I'll be definitely share with the zone.
[ Edited by Imfasterthanur on Sep 3, 2013 at 10:00 PM ]

Did you know if someone trips and falls on the sidewalk outside your house, they can sue you back to the stone age?
He was shot on his property. They'll probably sue for five million, and settle for a couple hundred grand.

Learn to read. He wasn't shot.. He was shot at. He is suing cause supposedly Walker and Aldon were firing shots into the air. He is taking that as being shot at.

Thanks for the advice, but as it turns out, I chose not to read it, although I had the ability.

I didn't realize there was a separate shooting incident at the party (or different party). Nor did I realize that Walker and Aldon were stupidly firing shots into the air. Oh boy. This is the first thing I have heard about Aldon doing that was beyond stupid. I don't care about the lawsuit. WTF were Walker and Aldon doing?
They aren't living in some backwater small southern town, where you can probably get away with this. I hope they get a clue. I actually hope he loses the lawsuit.

They are ACCUSED of firing shots and that caused peeps on the other side of the street to shoot back.

Funny tho how its the people who have the most money just happened to be the people who fired the first shots and are "responsible". How lucky for the victim that the people responsible are rich.

It couldn't be that the lawsuit is fiction and it was filed just before the NFL season in order to compel Aldon and Delanie to settle to avoid negative attention.

Come on. This just stinks bad. Its BS. Guy just wants a payoff.
I know this punk trying to make a quick come up from Aldon
https://www.google.com/search?q=rondeeezy&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=rcs&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=ob8mUsiLKpCJiwKQpYGoBQ&biw=1366&bih=662&sei=pL8mUsfLPKixiQKinoCICA
I got something for him if I ever see him in SJ
[ Edited by ady2glude707 on Sep 3, 2013 at 10:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:
They are ACCUSED of firing shots and that caused peeps on the other side of the street to shoot back.

Funny tho how its the people who have the most money just happened to be the people who fired the first shots and are "responsible". How lucky for the victim that the people responsible are rich.

It couldn't be that the lawsuit is fiction and it was filed just before the NFL season in order to compel Aldon and Delanie to settle to avoid negative attention.

Come on. This just stinks bad. Its BS. Guy just wants a payoff.

Alright. IF true, then they are idiots.

I don't see how they would start a lawsuit unless there were at least a few witnesses. If there are no witnesses, then the jury would have to be pretty dumb, but then again, that's not unlikely.
Do fries come wit dat shake......................down?

They have to put the case together, and make sure they have a chance at winning, or that there is enough money in a settlement. If Aldon wasn't wealthy, it would never happen.
Lawyers make a living LOOKING for people with deep pockets, then, all they need is the slightest reason to sue them. They just have to convince a jury that something is "more likely true than not true" in a civil case, they don't have to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt".

Oh I know athletes get targeted pretty heavily. I was just saying when it comes to a lawsuit a year takes about right. It has to be filed, and with Aldons status it probably had to be moved to a different court. Like you said a case has to be put together. The money has to be there. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to hassle Aldon for money for that last couple of months, and he said foget about it. What most likely happened is someone got stabbed, shot, or beaten at Smiths party, and the plaintiff assumes it's Aldons property so it's Aldon problem.

• dj43

He was shot. He claimed he was caught in a crossfire between people in the street and the people in the house. He received "traumatic, catastrophic and permanent" injuries, according to the suit. It does not say who fired the shot that hit him.
Originally posted by RealShaloop:
Well then couldnt you turn around and sue the city or whoever paved the sidewalk/road?

By law, the sidewalk is your responsibility, although it is owned by the city.

Wow that's b******t
Human stupidity never ceases to amaze. How can a person even take responsibility for some idiot trippin on a sidewalk
Original article on main page said shot at. Now it states otherwise.

Either way the details of that article seems to suggest Delanie was more at fault.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Aldon Smith better not get suspended for this. More importantly, I hope the guy has grown up a bit. What kind of a party has the host stabbed twice and people firing guns at each other ?! This kind of distraction is the last thing we want before the start of the season that's all I can say.
Share 49ersWebzone