LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

At least nothing happened, but there seems to be a trend forming. Keep it together Aldon, you are very key to this defense!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
wtf this guy is on a streak of bad luck.
wut
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/09/aldon-smith-involved-in-serious-weekend-car-crash.html

I have been very harsh on aldon for his off field antics this off season but this is a non story and he is very very lucky. i did not think the deer problem was bad out west like it is here in iowa. at this time of the year they are mating , the farmers are harvesting so this happens all the time cuz they damn things are running all over hell.. there was a serious injury sounds like to one of the guys but aldon got lucky. they are far from the bambi creatures we have been led to believe. could have occured to anyone, he was lucky.

When I lived in the bay it wasnt uncommon to have a big ass buck standing on my back porch checking out my dogs food lol, I havent read the article but if you live in the bay area hills they are EVERYWHERE. I'm assuming he lives in the Los Gatos, Los Altos area of San Jose.

Out here in Utah it is pretty bad too, California still has some pretty mountainous and forest filled terrain so it doesn't surprise me. I almost hit 1 a couple of weeks ago but luckily I had seen the whole family about 100 feet out as already slowing down but right as I got close one of them did a standing 180 jump out 10 feet into the road right in front me. Stopped about 5 feet from it
When I saw the Headline, i literally crapped my pants!

Glad he's ok and I hope his friend gets well.
[ Edited by Jesu80ncleats on Sep 18, 2012 at 12:16 PM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
Out here in Utah it is pretty bad too, California still has some pretty mountainous and forest filled terrain so it doesn't surprise me. I almost hit 1 a couple of weeks ago but luckily I had seen the whole family about 100 feet out as already slowing down but right as I got close one of them did a standing 180 jump out 10 feet into the road right in front me. Stopped about 5 feet from it

shouldn't they have some fences or something so the deer won't be on the road?
How do ya not LOL at that thread title ???

Glad you are alright, Aldon.. time to meet my straight-jacket and rubber-room for when you are not practicing or playing in games.

Wear it... and get... in...
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

I've seen a deer jump completely over a 5' high barbed-wire fence with probably 3' to spare. Those things have crazy hops and are ridiculously stupid. I grew up in Colorado and am lucky to be alive honestly, there was a situation with black ice, herd of elk, and oncoming traffic that I'm lucky to get out of unscathed.

The only thing worrisome is that Aldon has now has 3 separate instances this season. Hope the bad luck gets out of his system!
The title of this thread KILLS me...no pun intended!
Maybe this is a twist on how bad things happen in threes.

Have to be one heck of a fence and the cost of that would be huge. But in certain highly traveled areas I've also wondered why they don't do that. As for where I live I've seen deer go straight up what looks like a rock wall before and clear field fences and ditches like nothing. Their vertical is off the charts. You'd have to have a 10' fence atleast and if they're spooked like they are around here during deer season, I'm not so sure they couldn't clear it. I'm sure the farmers around here would love to have those same type of fences built to keep the deer from living in and around corn / bean fields.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I've seen a deer jump completely over a 5' high barbed-wire fence with probably 3' to spare. Those things have crazy hops and are ridiculously stupid. I grew up in Colorado and am lucky to be alive honestly, there was a situation with black ice, herd of elk, and oncoming traffic that I'm lucky to get out of unscathed.

The only thing worrisome is that Aldon has now has 3 separate instances this season. Hope the bad luck gets out of his system!

The incident I described happened on a residential street in our neighborhood, were on the bench of the mountains in Salt Lake --- To NinerBuff's comments, he is right, our fence is about 6 feet tall and they jump in and out of our yard with ease. If they get a running start a full grown deer can clear an 8 foot fence without much trouble.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
f**king hell. The headlines for this one scared me!

Glad Aldon didn't get seriously injured. Really sorry to hear his friend got hurt bad, though.
Sounds like Aldon is a s**t magnet. Everyone knows one or two of them. He's been real lucky so far.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Sep 18, 2012 at 12:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Wodwo:
f**king hell. The headlines for this one scared me!

Glad Aldon didn't get seriously injured. Really sorry to hear his friend got hurt bad, though.
THIS!
Share 49ersWebzone