There are 124 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I say he gets 6 games that gets reduced to 4.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Geeked:
I'm betting it will be more than four. I want to stay optimistic, but, in reality, when you see what is happening to other players, I have a feeling it's going to sting. If Smith gets less than eight games, he's got dirt on someone or the Players Union is about to blow up on the suspension issues all together.

Aldon didn't get busted for substance abuse/PED's. They did, and that's a pretty big difference. Plaxico got 4 games for shooting himself in the leg, Roethlisberger got 6 for his stuff., Aaron Berry got 4 for getting arrested twice in a year, and Kenny Britt got 1 game for being arrested or having run-ins 9 times. Look at the crap Tank Johnson did with gun charges and probation violations, and he got 8 games (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_Johnson). Aldon has already essentially served a 5 game suspension, so unless the commissioner gets a bug up his ass and wants to make an example of him for some reason, I can't see him getting suspended for more than a couple games at most. Here's a list of NFL suspensions so you can form your own opinion.:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_players_and_coaches_suspended_by_the_NFL
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Highlight of Tim's career
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by Geeked:
I'm betting it will be more than four. I want to stay optimistic, but, in reality, when you see what is happening to other players, I have a feeling it's going to sting. If Smith gets less than eight games, he's got dirt on someone or the Players Union is about to blow up on the suspension issues all together.

Aldon didn't get busted for substance abuse/PED's. They did, and that's a pretty big difference. Plaxico got 4 games for shooting himself in the leg, Roethlisberger got 6 for his stuff., Aaron Berry got 4 for getting arrested twice in a year, and Kenny Britt got 1 game for being arrested or having run-ins 9 times. Look at the crap Tank Johnson did with gun charges and probation violations, and he got 8 games (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_Johnson). Aldon has already essentially served a 5 game suspension, so unless the commissioner gets a bug up his ass and wants to make an example of him for some reason, I can't see him getting suspended for more than a couple games at most. Here's a list of NFL suspensions so you can form your own opinion.:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_players_and_coaches_suspended_by_the_NFL

NONE of those other guys have ever harmed a tree. Aldon hurt a HELPLESS tree and you people are trying to make light of it. The tree had no ability to defend itself, or move out of the way of the vehicle.

At least if you strangle your girlfriend or knock out your fiance, they have a chance to fight back or run away. They have a CHANCE. The tree had none.

At least if you swerve in and out of lanes on the freeway, nearly colliding with other vehicles, the drivers of those other vehicles have a CHANCE to swerve out of your way. Again, the tree had no chance to move, because it was rooted down.

Aldon gave that tree NO CHANCE, and this is what is being overlooked by all the Aldon apologists.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
NONE of those other guys have ever harmed a tree. Aldon hurt a HELPLESS tree and you people are trying to make light of it. The tree had no ability to defend itself, or move out of the way of the vehicle.

At least if you strangle your girlfriend or knock out your fiance, they have a chance to fight back or run away. They have a CHANCE. The tree had none.

At least if you swerve in and out of lanes on the freeway, nearly colliding with other vehicles, the drivers of those other vehicles have a CHANCE to swerve out of your way. Again, the tree had no chance to move, because it was rooted down.

Aldon gave that tree NO CHANCE, and this is what is being overlooked by all the Aldon apologists.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/stanford-professor-busted-grenade-claims-charges-dropped-article-1.1813202

The Stanford University professor busted for carrying an Mk 2 grenade into Los Angeles International Airport claims the charges were dropped

If true that this guy's charges are dropped for bringing a grenade at the Airport, that's pretty quick. He probably didn't mean to bring it but its still a grenade. While Aldon case still pending for what they think he said "I have a bomb" his charges should be dropped also.
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/stanford-professor-busted-grenade-claims-charges-dropped-article-1.1813202

If true that this guy's charges are dropped for bringing a grenade at the Airport, that's pretty quick. He probably didn't mean to bring it but its still a grenade. While Aldon case still pending for what they think he said "I have a bomb" his charges should be dropped also.

So wait....a guy actually brings a BOMB to the airport and he gets off but we have this big dustup about Aldon? What makes Aldon so much more of a public risk than this professor? Why should society at large fear Aldon? Is it his size? Is it because he is this big hulk of a man? Why is there no public outcry about this?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by swayze:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Highlight of Tim's career
I though with the players being measured at the combine no longer do teams exaggerate players size. Supposedly Tebow is 6'3" 235, if that is true Aldon looks way bigger that 6'4" and 265.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
If he was going to get suspended shouldn't he have gotten suspended by now?

No because they have to wait to find out what the result of his sentence hearing will be on July 25.

His strength and bull rush is just ridiculous sometimes. You wouldn't think he would be so damn strong. Pushes guys 60 more pounds than him 5 yards back and puts them on their ass. Completely owns Seattle's tackle Paul Mcquistan at the 1:00 mark and after. Makes him look like a child.

Really hope he gets a very minimal suspension. He is key to our success on defense. Best pass rusher in the game. Hope he stays out of trouble for good and is a 49er for a long time.

So any idea at all when a ruling from the NFL will actually come down in regards to a suspension for Aldon Smith? Any chance with all these continuations in his trial that we won't know at all this year???
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

His strength and bull rush is just ridiculous sometimes. You wouldn't think he would be so damn strong. Pushes guys 60 more pounds than him 5 yards back and puts them on their ass. Completely owns Seattle's tackle Paul Mcquistan at the 1:00 mark and after. Makes him look like a child.

Really hope he gets a very minimal suspension. He is key to our success on defense. Best pass rusher in the game. Hope he stays out of trouble for good and is a 49er for a long time.
dat closing speed on the Wilson sack/fumble
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

dat closing speed on the Wilson sack/fumble

That's exactly the face I made when I saw that. Ridiculous closing speed
3 days already and no Aldon police incidents - knock on wood. Is he going through any airports today?😳
So ready to see Aldon Smith have another great productive year to help lead the 49ers defense on the field!
Share 49ersWebzone