There are 228 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by lucky_49:
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
hes getting suspended for 12 games per adam schefter

You are completely kidding aren't you? No way he gets 12 games, not a chance. Schefter is jacked up if he actually said that and it wouldn't be the first time.

ian rapoport confirmed it

link?

no

I call b******t.Clayton just said on ESPN he expects 3-6 games and the 5 weeks in treatment could mitigate SOME of the possible suspension.Aldon could also challenge it try to get it knocked down to 4 games.Shefty might be overreacting a lil.
Originally posted by T-9ers:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
It's hard for me to believe Aldon's lawyers would lead him into a plea deal without some certainty that there would be a minimal or even a suspended sentence.

That's what I was thinking. Either that or he has really bad lawyers, but it's hard for me to imagine anyone being so dumb to plea "no contest" without some kind of assurance he was going to walk.

Can the DA make that kind of deal when sentencing is up to the judge?
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
hes getting suspended for 12 games per adam schefter

You are completely kidding aren't you? No way he gets 12 games, not a chance. Schefter is jacked up if he actually said that and it wouldn't be the first time.

ian rapoport confirmed it

link?

no

oh cool, I thought you were serious...
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
I call b******t.Clayton just said on ESPN he expects 3-6 games and the 5 weeks in treatment could mitigate SOME of the possible suspension.Aldon could also challenge it try to get it knocked down to 4 games.Shefty might be overreacting a lil.

exactly

confirmed a 12 game suspension a couple hours after the plea? yea..
Originally posted by jreff22:

Yes, the DA is going to recommend whatever they worked out. and the judge, unless he or she wants to make a name for their self is going to go with the recommendation.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

Yes, the DA is going to recommend whatever they worked out. and the judge, unless he or she wants to make a name for their self is going to go with the recommendation.

But a previous posted tweet said no deal was made. Only that a change of plea was made...?

WTF is going on lol
People that are posting about Schefter and Rapport reporting Aldon will be suspended for 12 games need to be warned by the mods. Not cool or funny
No defense lawyer in his right mind would allow his client to plead no contest unless they have something worked out. It's basically placing his client's future in the palm of the prosecution and judge. At that point, the prosection is free to come up with whatever sentece he/she feels is justified (without violating Aldon's rights) and the judge will most likely go with it.

A not guilty plea means the case goes to trial and both sides are presented and the judge makes his ruling based on what he/she hears.
Originally posted by linkboy:
No defense lawyer in his right mind would allow his client to plead no contest unless they have something worked out. It's basically placing his client's future in the palm of the prosecution and judge. At that point, the prosection is free to come up with whatever sentece he/she feels is justified (without violating Aldon's rights) and the judge will most likely go with it.

A not guilty plea means the case goes to trial and both sides are presented and the judge makes his ruling based on what he/she hears.

This.

Judge usually goes with the DA's recommendation unless there is some other circumstances.

Now if Aldon gets himself into trouble between now and July 25th the judge will throw the book at him.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
People that are posting about Schefter and Rapport reporting Aldon will be suspended for 12 games need to be warned by the mods. Not cool or funny
Agreed stop the trolls

Although in typical Kawakami fashion he is saying there was no plea deal and the sentencing is completely up to the judge. Bull s**t.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Although in typical Kawakami fashion he is saying there was no plea deal and the sentencing is completely up to the judge. Bull s**t.

Kawakami as usually has his extremely negative niner angle.
But a previous posted tweet said no deal was made. Only that a change of plea was made...?

WTF is going on lol

What's going on is that there isn't enough information out so nobody knows what's going on.

In this day and age, it's better to tweet first, than tweet right.
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:

Can this guy get fired already? All his reports wrong and misleading articles all offseason. He relies on sensationalism to get people to read him and all his opinions seem biased or seem to jump the gun before all facts in. I'll stick to Matt and Matt for my info.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
No one cops a plea without knowing the consequences beforehand. Kawakami is a maroon.

I'm more worried about the NFL sentencing though. Minimum 4 games? Or will the Niners try to note to Goodell that Aldon served a huge "voluntary suspension" last year.

Probably won't matter.
Share 49ersWebzone