LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by Niners99:
So after the 49ers first 5 draft picks, they made a clear statement about what they plan on doing with Aldon Smith down the road.

Bruce Ellington was the 6th pick.

Dontae Johnson was the 7th pick.

Aaron Lynch was the 8th pick.

I do not see the clear statement made by the 49ers.

I think they mean "because" of the 49ers first five draft picks.
oh and clearly he wasn't drunk like the police officer who tried to tarnish his name insinuating that said.

if he was, that would've 'leaked' out.

BEAST. Please stay out of trouble for good Aldon. We need you on this team for a long time.
Aldon's next court appearance is tomorrow, correct? I bet this one gets pushed back again, but I seriously hope not. They need to resolve his legal issues already. They're a big pain in the ass.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Aldon's next court appearance is tomorrow, correct? I bet this one gets pushed back again, but I seriously hope not. They need to resolve his legal issues already. They're a big pain in the ass.

They may be awaiting word from the LA City Attny's office about the airport case.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by ninerjok:

They may be awaiting word from the LA City Attny's office about the airport case.

My guess is that Aldon and the DA are still negotiating a deal.

My sense is that a deal would resolve the problem faster than a trial.

Also, a deal could end up being just better all around.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
So after the 49ers first 5 draft picks, they made a clear statement about what they plan on doing with Aldon Smith down the road.

OK, but I still do not see the clear statement made by the draft.

If you can explain it to me, I might understand. Might being the key word.

i ahve a feeling aldon comes into this season channeling all his anger and frustration into every qb we face. people are getting destroyed this year
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
So far no charges have been filed in the LA airport incident.

Is this really that complicated of a case?

The Miami Police still have not decided anything about the suspicious incident.

How long does a toxicology report take?

How long does it take to decide if a crime was committed?

How long can this stuff drag out?

Its the government. The slowest, laziest most inefficient thing ever.

True that

Sweet, gov gonna gov... hopefully till after the SB so he gets to play all year (unless Goodell gonna Goodell)
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i ahve a feeling aldon comes into this season channeling all his anger and frustration into every qb we face. people are getting destroyed this year

I hope that happens... getting at least 8 individual sacks when we play Cheatterall twice.

Originally posted by LVJay:

True that

Sweet, gov gonna gov... hopefully till after the SB so he gets to play all year (unless Goodell gonna Goodell)

i have a feeling the nfl is gonna play nice with us this year after screwing us over pretty bad the last few years. i think they want two teams in the same division competing for superbowls titles every year and this year its our turn. not saying they just hand us stuff but i expect us to get the calls seattle got in their favor this year. last year we got screwed pretty bad against them and a few other games. (drew brees giraffe neck comes to mind)
Originally posted by BrianGO:

OK, but I still do not see the clear statement made by the draft.

If you can explain it to me, I might understand. Might being the key word.

I suppose they mean, "Because the 49ers did not draft a pass rush OLB in the first five picks, they probably plan on keeping Aldon Smith."

They have 100 other more important cases to worry about. They have it buried under more urgent case files.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

True that

i have a feeling the nfl is gonna play nice with us this year after screwing us over pretty bad the last few years. i think they want two teams in the same division competing for superbowls titles every year and this year its our turn. not saying they just hand us stuff but i expect us to get the calls seattle got in their favor this year. last year we got screwed pretty bad against them and a few other games. (drew brees giraffe neck comes to mind)

They can start playing nice by not letting Cheatterall DBs hold all day. I'm glad dick sheman mentioned the comparison of NBA/NFL commissioners on Donald Sterling debacle--basically saying Goodell wouldn't have the balls to do what Adam Silver did... that's it Goodell's turning his back and won't let 13th man help them cheat anymore

It better be "our turn" I want Aldon to break the sack record, too!

True that

They can start playing nice by not letting Cheatterall DBs hold all day. I'm glad dick sheman mentioned the comparison of NBA/NFL commissioners on Donald Sterling debacle--basically saying Goodell wouldn't have the balls to do what Adam Silver did... that's it Goodell's turning his back and won't let 13th man help them cheat anymore

It better be "our turn" I want Aldon to break the sack record, too!

i think goodell is in a few of the GMs/owners pockets in the nfl. seems like some teams get more luck or influence than others. i hope the niners are good enough to win without ref help but some help going our way wouldnt hurt. that being said i think aldon will be a menace this year. we have some new blood coming off the IR/PUP from last year and more experience for the others along with a hopefully upgraded secondary. aldon should be able to pin his ears back and attack more often
Share 49ersWebzone