LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I don't care if he is a good guy or not! It does not matter one bit so long as he can stay out of trouble with the law and the NFL and not be a team cancer and help us win games by being available and productive on the field. I know Aldon has been in a lot of trouble but I believe a lot of this is due to immaturity. I think that he can grow into his role both on and off the field and we made the right call picking up his option. Once he gets his sh** together or if he does it will be with us! I for one am glad that this is the case!

Yeah. Why should we go through the growing pains, release the guy, and watch him mature at another team.

Takes time for that side of him to come around.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Yeah. Why should we go through the growing pains, release the guy, and watch him mature at another team.

Takes time for that side of him to come around.

Agreed!
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by xela510:
NOt the first time we've heard this talk from aldon.

I agree. Nor will it be the last. He is a good guy, and I really admire him.
No proof he is a good guy, what is there to admire? Dude won the genetic lottery, so far that is it.

What proof is there that he's a BAD guy? Poor decision maker? Immature? Apparently struggles with alcohol? Sure. But I'm not convinced that makes him a terrible person.

He actually seems like a pretty good person and teammate, he just needs to get his head on straight.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Take this for whats its worth.........
http://justblogbaby.com/2014/05/03/oakland-raiders-pre-draft-rumor-mill/
Rumor mill

A blockbuster trade could be in the works between the San Francisco 49ers and Oakland Raiders involving DL Aldon Smith. The rumor mill is, the 49ers could deal Aldon Smith, the 30th overall pick in 2014, and future draft picks to the Oakland Raiders for the 5th overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft.

the fuuuuuuu??? we give them aldon a 30th AND future picks for just their 5th pick? LOLOLOLOLOL raider fans that believe this are probably stupid as hell.

Way to narrow it down, you pretty much just included their whole fanbase.

lolol.

If this was in any way true we would deserve the Raiders next 3 first round picks. For all of Aldon's f**k ups you don't simply get a 25 spot exchange for the player with the most sacks through 42 games in NFL history let alone ADD our own picks to the deal.

This guy is trolling the Raiders fan base hardcore.
No proof he is a good guy, what is there to admire? Dude won the genetic lottery, so far that is it.

What a load of clueless, bitter nonsense. Maybe you haven't noticed, but these guys work their azzes off for years to get to this point. Yes, they've won the genetic lottery, but that's just part of it. There's physical discipline, study and preparation involved. Lots of guys win that lottery and do nothing with it.
Originally posted by crake49:

What a load of clueless, bitter nonsense. Maybe you haven't noticed, but these guys work their azzes off for years to get to this point. Yes, they've won the genetic lottery, but that's just part of it. There's physical discipline, study and preparation involved. Lots of guys win that lottery and do nothing with it.

i dont think anyone is questioning you have to work hard to make it as a pro athlete. i get where BobS is coming from, he is responding to a poster who said aldon is a good guy and he admires him. i cant prove aldon smith is a bad guy, but i can look at his track record and get from it that he makes decisions thats dont make him look like a good guy at all.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:

There are millions of average Joes that put in the same physical work as NFL players. The difference is the NFL player won the genetic lottery. To call somebody you don't know a good guy and worthy of being admired because he worked his genetic gift into an NFL career seems like something somebody really young would do. As for those who did nothing with it Aldon Smith is well on his way to throwing everything away if he keeps running afoul of the law. I never said Aldon Smith was a bad person, just not worthy of the pedestal some of you put him on.
[ Edited by BobS on May 6, 2014 at 9:27 AM ]
I don't know if he's a good citizen or not.

I do know he can flat out play.

In short, he has what we and every other team really needs - a superb pass rusher.

VERY smart move picking up his option.

He needs some mature, quality mentoring.

IMO, he'll get resigned by us sooner than later.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I don't know if he's a good citizen or not.

I do know he can flat out play.

In short, he has what we and every other team really needs - a superb pass rusher.

VERY smart move picking up his option.

He needs some mature, quality mentoring.

IMO, he'll get resigned by us sooner than later.

we gotta hold on to him until he ends up in prison, cant have him being an all pro on another team and likely rival.
If we traded Aldon to Raiders I would boycott this year.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
did you really take that seriously?
There are millions of average Joes that put in the same physical work as NFL players. The difference is the NFL player won the genetic lottery. To call somebody you don't know a good guy and worthy of being admired because he worked his genetic gift into an NFL career seems like something somebody really young would do. As for those who did nothing with it Aldon Smith is well on his way to throwing everything away if he keeps running afoul of the law. I never said Aldon Smith was a bad person, just not worthy of the pedestal some of you put him on.

Fair enough. Sorry about the clueless bitter nonsense thing. It is frustrating sometimes to see these young men come from a hard scrabble background, put in years of work and discipline to get to the top of their world and then fritter it away when they make some money by acting like fools.
Aldon will be considered the new Mosses of this generation

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
did you really take that seriously?

No. Not at all. Just saying if something crazy like that happened.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Picking up the option: MISTAKE!

And I hope that Raider rumor is true.

Troll
Share 49ersWebzone