LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 136 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by BrianGO:
Good points.

The fact that we had more incidents at the stadium is analogous to the outside world. Aldon Smith had no reason to consider the idea that gangbangers would have the desire to show up at his party.
But like you said, they're becoming more and more involved in mainstream culture, especially sports.

There is no way for Aldon or his friends to have had any idea that this could happen. It makes sense if you live in California, and understand how that type of incident could easily happen. I don't know much about Missouri, but I'm guessing it's like a different planet compared to California.

On that same note, I'm betting a DUI is probably not seen of as big of a deal in Missouri (Let's look it up).
So I open up the Wikipedia article, and guess what? The first words on the page say, "The alcohol laws of Missouri are among the most permissive in the United States, ...".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_laws_of_Missouri

Aldon just doesn't understand where he is or who he is right now. No one is really there to explain it to him. And no, having Michael Irvin squawking on stage about "leaving the ghetto behind" is not what I mean.

The DUI was in Miami but the charge was dropped per Maiocco.
Aldon is a Sureño.
Originally posted by pelos21:
Aldon is a Sureño.

Link?
Originally posted by pelos21:
Aldon is a Sureño.

Pics or it didn't happen lol
Quote from smith..

Originally posted by awol36:
Quote from smith..

OMG i lol'd. Is that really from a story about Aldon?
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Stupid article i ran into...

Originally posted by VDSF:

Wow what a dip$hit . . . holy crap that's stupid.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

It shows how much he likes Aldon Smith. It's his best hope for getting Aldon onto his team. Probably a Cowboy fan.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by awol36:
Quote from smith..

OMG i lol'd. Is that really from a story about Aldon?
nah... yup and brians right. the guy just wants aldon on his team...

• VDSF
  • Veteran

It shows how much he likes Aldon Smith. It's his best hope for getting Aldon onto his team. Probably a Cowboy fan.

What the f**k kind of stupid article is that. Holy s**t. I am dumber for having read that.
Originally posted by SportsFan:

What the f**k kind of stupid article is that. Holy s**t. I am dumber for having read that.

That article sounds like 90% of the posters in this thread
Little bit of inside info.

A guy at my work lives down and around where Aldon does. He mentioned that Aldon loves the Asian women and it was Asian gangs that started s**t.

We started talking and I said some of the vets on the team are going to have to talk to Aldon about the type of people he hangs with. I specifically mentioned Justin Smith. This guy says that Justin himself is known for being a bit of a wild man off the field. Lives in SilverCity (or something like that) and is always throwing big parties. Anyone else hear this about Justin?
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Little bit of inside info.

A guy at my work lives down and around where Aldon does. He mentioned that Aldon loves the Asian women and it was Asian gangs that started s**t.

We started talking and I said some of the vets on the team are going to have to talk to Aldon about the type of people he hangs with. I specifically mentioned Justin Smith. This guy says that Justin himself is known for being a bit of a wild man off the field. Lives in SilverCity (or something like that) and is always throwing big parties. Anyone else hear this about Justin?
No, I hadn't heard that about J Smith, but I would not be shocked if that is true. Most guys that I know who approach their work with ungodly intensity, approach everything (including partying) with ungodly intesity. I don't think the issue is whether Aldon or Justin or whomever wants to party in the offseason like it's the end of the world. Good for them. They're young and rich and they earned it. The issue is knowing how to do so safely. And Aldon will figure it out. It sounds like Justin may have already figured it out. Great, these guy are gladiators not shamen. In the offseason, they should be able to party safely any damn way they please.
Share 49ersWebzone