LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 202 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by Disp:
Wait, what happened to the felony gun charges? Only thing I've read is that the hearing was postponed a couple weeks.

Later date.
[ Edited by ModestoNiner33 on Apr 29, 2014 at 9:06 PM ]
Won't get suspended. Will end up being Defensive player of the year. Gets contract extension at end of the year.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Won't get suspended. Will end up being Defensive player of the year. Gets contract extension at end of the year.

49ers get #6, too. -Everybody is scripting/praying for our demise, cause they know we'll play their asses tough if we crack the playoffs (and go to another Championship game).
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
49ers get #6, too. -Everybody is scripting/praying for our demise, cause they know we'll play their asses tough if we crack the playoffs (and go to another Championship game).

You mean like the green bay packers official website advocating for us to get rid of Aldon smith?
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
You mean like the green bay packers official website advocating for us to get rid of Aldon smith?

The hypocrisy is hilarious. As butt hurt as I am about our season Enders of the past 3 years, I couldn't be happier about our recent win streak over the pack.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
The hypocrisy is hilarious. As butt hurt as I am about our season Enders of the past 3 years, I couldn't be happier about our recent win streak over the pack.

Right! I'm loving it!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Based on the video/article on the home page, he has NO felony charges and the airport incident was already dropped to a misdemeanor and could (now) be dismissed as, "a misunderstanding." So in short, it's unlikely he'll face any real legal issues now but may have to, "take some classes, go to rehab, get cleaned up..." etc. It sounds like he'll be shelling out some money to two plantiffs though (not sure why or for how much); I believe one is for the shooting victim (structured settled)?

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/la-city-attorney-requests-more-information-smiths-airport-incident

Wait, what happened to the felony gun charges? Only thing I've read is that the hearing was postponed a couple weeks.

I'm not 100% sure but it sounded like both were pleaded out on structured settlements (to 2 different plantiffs). This means he's not admitting guilt or wrong-doing but settled to make that part, "go away." This means since he's already taken action, they will probably be dropped (if they hadn't been already). The airport incident is being looked at so the judge can make an accumluative decision on whether to charge him with a misdemeanor (up to 1 year in prison) or not. Since it was already reduced from a felony to a misdemeanor, the angle his lawyer will take is that it was a genuine misunderstanding. In the end, everything will be looked at including how alcohol played a part in all of these incidents and as a result, he'll most likely end up with no formal charges but be required to attend rehab, counseling, get cleaned up, take some classes, perhaps some community service, etc. It's expected he'll play for SURE in 2014 pending a possible suspension by Roger but if no chargers were filed, he may not miss a single game.
It's funny how many people think it's great if all the charges get dropped and he signs a big contract. That's two slaps on the hand and here's your money. You cant show someone who already has a I don't give a f*** attitude that he's above the law. The best thing that could happen to Alden and the Niner's would be to not pick up the option and make him prove he's staying out of trouble. You think he's bad now? Send him a message that he can get away with anything and then give him a reason to go celebrate.
Originally posted by tab420:
It's funny how many people think it's great if all the charges get dropped and he signs a big contract. That's two slaps on the hand and here's your money. You cant show someone who already has a I don't give a f*** attitude that he's above the law. The best thing that could happen to Alden and the Niner's would be to not pick up the option and make him prove he's staying out of trouble. You think he's bad now? Send him a message that he can get away with anything and then give him a reason to go celebrate.

lol do you even 9ers ?
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

lol do you even 9ers ?

He has a point, Aldon needs to have some sort of wake up call... Like, maybe a STD and bad haircut.

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Based on the video/article on the home page, he has NO felony charges and the airport incident was already dropped to a misdemeanor and could (now) be dismissed as, "a misunderstanding." So in short, it's unlikely he'll face any real legal issues now but may have to, "take some classes, go to rehab, get cleaned up..." etc. It sounds like he'll be shelling out some money to two plantiffs though (not sure why or for how much); I believe one is for the shooting victim (structured settled)?

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/la-city-attorney-requests-more-information-smiths-airport-incident

I'm not 100% sure but it sounded like both were pleaded out on structured settlements (to 2 different plantiffs). This means he's not admitting guilt or wrong-doing but settled to make that part, "go away." This means since he's already taken action, they will probably be dropped (if they hadn't been already). The airport incident is being looked at so the judge can make an accumluative decision on whether to charge him with a misdemeanor (up to 1 year in prison) or not. Since it was already reduced from a felony to a misdemeanor, the angle his lawyer will take is that it was a genuine misunderstanding. In the end, everything will be looked at including how alcohol played a part in all of these incidents and as a result, he'll most likely end up with no formal charges but be required to attend rehab, counseling, get cleaned up, take some classes, perhaps some community service, etc. It's expected he'll play for SURE in 2014 pending a possible suspension by Roger but if no chargers were filed, he may not miss a single game.

Only one plaintiff settled. The other hasn't at this time. This is exactly why it's so important to listen during the rookie symposium. NFL = target. Any party you throw is someone breaks a nail, you're sued.

That is so true and thank you for the correction; only one was settled but I got the impression the other is in the making. That will factor is the big picture as well.
Originally posted by Chief:

lol do you even 9ers ?

He has a point, Aldon needs to have some sort of wake up call... Like, maybe a STD and bad haircut.
He has learned his lesson on the second DUI, getting upset at the airport is nothing. He doesn't have a IDGAF attitude or above the Law whatever.

lol do you even 9ers ?

He has learned his lesson on the second DUI, getting upset at the airport is nothing. He doesn't have a IDGAF attitude or above the Law whatever.

It doesn't matter what Aldon's attitude is, the fact if the matter remains that he has exceptional skills and therefore will be treated differently. Life isn't fair, get over it.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

lol do you even 9ers ?

It doesn't matter what Aldon's attitude is, the fact if the matter remains that he has exceptional skills and therefore will be treated differently. Life isn't fair, get over it.
get over what
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

lol do you even 9ers ?

get over what

I was agreeing with you, commenting on tap420
Share 49ersWebzone