LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
This story sucks, but I only care if Aldon misses time. Aldon will have several issues adjusting to his new lifestyle. But as a fan, I just hope he's good to go for our championship run!

But it would be nice for him to stay out of the news for a while.

In three more weeks he won't have time to get in trouble.

BTW, as noted in an earlier post in this thread, Maiocco reported in his interview with Florio on PFT yesterday that the Miami DUI charge against Aldon was dropped FWIW. Maiocco made that comment in about the first five minutes of the video.
Adam "I'm not Pacman" Jones paging Adam "I'm not Pacman" Jones
So has it been confirmed that the party was at Aldon's house? Or was it just someones house he was at?
Originally posted by SportsFan:
So has it been confirmed that the party was at Aldon's house? Or was it just someones house he was at?

It definitely was confirmed to be at his house.
^

The investigation into a Saturday 911 call that resulted in sheriff's deputies being summoned to the San Jose home of 49ers LB Aldon Smith -- following a shooting and a stabbing

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/07/sheriffs-office-looking-for-witnesses-in-aldon-smith-stabbing.html#storylink=cpy ;
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by supbaby:
Sorry but the more I hear about this story, the more dumbass it gets. You have got to be crazy if you don't think there' s a potential for things to get out of control if people are bringing guns to a house party.

The people who brought guns were uninvited and crashed it.

Crashed multiple times? After the first couple of times your party is crashed either you hire security, get control of the guest list or you don't have a party ... with guns. That's dumbass. He's lucky he didn't get shot.

I don't pretend to know the situation, but often times good people have their posse of idiots who are nothing but trouble. It's possible that Aldon knew someone who brought such idiots, maybe Aldon has made some bad acquaintances himself. Being rich and famous invites a LOT of negative influences from who those want to benefit from the fame. Some of the most interesting and charismatic people I've met were also complete and utter d******d trouble makers and if Aldon hasn't learned that yet he's going to have to learn it real quick.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Sorry but the more I hear about this story, the more dumbass it gets. You have got to be crazy if you don't think there' s a potential for things to get out of control if people are bringing guns to a house party.

Crashed multiple times? After the first couple of times your party is crashed either you hire security, get control of the guest list or you don't have a party ... with guns. That's dumbass. He's lucky he didn't get shot.

I don't pretend to know the situation, but often times good people have their posse of idiots who are nothing but trouble. It's possible that Aldon knew someone who brought such idiots, maybe Aldon has made some bad acquaintances himself. Being rich and famous invites a LOT of negative influences from who those want to benefit from the fame. Some of the most interesting and charismatic people I've met were also complete and utter d******d trouble makers and if Aldon hasn't learned that yet he's going to have to learn it real quick.

yup. It's his house, his party, and his problems. whether or not he invited those guys, it's his responsibility.

Please provide evidence that this has happened multiple times because that neighbor supposedely hearing it is not enough proof
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
yup. It's his house, his party, and his problems. whether or not he invited those guys, it's his responsibility.

It's my paaarty and I'll get stabbed if I want to..

lol I apologize if you have no idea what song I'm referring to.

Showing your age Kowboy..or he showing his one or the other.

I know what you are referring to. It's just that it seems to be true in this case.
The common tone in this discussion is really off-putting. First off, everyone seems to assume that Aldon Smith intentionally allowed guests wielding guns into his home. I highly doubt that. So while he may have made a bad decision by being too trusting, I don't see how anyone could feel anything but sympathy for Aldon Smith at this point. At least let the guy public address the situation before you start calling him dumb or assigning fault to him for his own stabbing. Everyone is just jumping on the opportunity to attack his character and I truly just don't get that at all. He seems like a great guy from everything I have seen and read about him. A grown adult has every right to throw a large party at their own multimillion dollar mansion if that is what they choose to do. This doesn't mean they deserve whatever they get if something tragic happens to happen like it did in this case.
[ Edited by DirtyP on Jul 3, 2012 at 2:42 PM ]
Originally posted by DirtyP:
The common tone in this discussion is really off-putting. First off, everyone seems to assume that Aldon Smith intentionally allowed guests wielding guns into his home. I highly doubt that. So while he may have made a bad decision by being to trusting, I don't see how anyone could feel anything but sympathy for Aldon Smith at this point. At least let the guy public address the situation before you start calling him dumb or assigning fault to him for his own stabbing. Everyone is just jumping on the opportunity to attack his character and I truly just don't get that at all. He seems like a great guy from everything I have seen and read about him

You're right, he does sound like a genuinely good guy. The problem is he's put himself in multiple compromising situations.

And honestly, I really don't care what he does in his personal life as long as it doesn't interfere with the 49ers! I like Aldon Smith, I'm stoked he's a 49er, and I'm not putting too much into this whole episode. Just come ready to play and lets get #6!

hopefully Rodger Goodell doesn't suspend him for our game against GB.
Share 49ersWebzone