There are 224 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by rxrunner:
cut him, you cant have some one thinking they are above the team. you know what i hope i spend most of his life in jail. what a waste of talent.

Why would you hope that for anybody that hasn't committed a crime against another person?
This has to be the dumbest thing you can get arrested for.
I don't want him off the team but at this point what can possibly be done to keep him here? every off season he gets arrested. Is extending him very cheap the only way he stays?
Originally posted by rxrunner:
cut him, you cant have some one thinking they are above the team. you know what i hope i spend most of his life in jail. what a waste of talent.

The only thing he's done that should come with jail time is DUI.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Apr 14, 2014 at 12:11 PM ]
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by thl408:
Maybe by "bomb" he meant some really good California weed and was just giving up his weed? Bomb bud.

On 95.7 they had a lady that called in claiming she was behind Smith at the Southwest counter, the security line, and then saw him in line at the terminal McDonalds when the cops confronted Smith. She said Smith was belligerent with both the Southwest counter agent and security, and she was surprised the two people traveling with him didn't tell him to calm down. As far as "bomb" goes, she claims he said "I am the bomb"...but would have to question that, didn't people stop saying that like 15 years ago?

So if we are to believe her and he said "I am the bomb" then what did he exactly do wrong? He was an a*****e to the counter agent and security? As far as I know being an a*****e isn't a crime. And when they took him into custody he seemed to be cooperating fairly well. Ya he was telling them to f**k off and all but he didn't resist.

The problem is this is a series of events. This event by itself would be no big deal. Combine it with everything else and you have an issue.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Maybe by "bomb" he meant some really good California weed and was just giving up his weed? Bomb bud.

On 95.7 they had a lady that called in claiming she was behind Smith at the Southwest counter, the security line, and then saw him in line at the terminal McDonalds when the cops confronted Smith. She said Smith was belligerent with both the Southwest counter agent and security, and she was surprised the two people traveling with him didn't tell him to calm down. As far as "bomb" goes, she claims he said "I am the bomb"...but would have to question that, didn't people stop saying that like 15 years ago?

So if we are to believe her and he said "I am the bomb" then what did he exactly do wrong? He was an a*****e to the counter agent and security? As far as I know being an a*****e isn't a crime. And when they took him into custody he seemed to be cooperating fairly well. Ya he was telling them to f**k off and all but he didn't resist.

The problem is this is a series of events. This event by itself would be no big deal. Combine it with everything else and you have an issue.

He said "bomb", that's what. The airport is not the place to be a smart-a**, and TSA agents are not going to try and discern context or intent. If they hear the word, you're not making your flight and you will wear handcuffs.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

I know a crackhead that got arrested for throwing snowballs
  • thl408

I'm more worried that he was drunk in the daytime than I am of him trying to be a comedian when he shouldn't be (at an airport).
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
NO CHARGES CONFIRMED

19-0 here we come

?

I just saw that there were no charges TODAY. That's quite different.

what are the potential charges?!

Its against the law to fake a bomb threat in an Airport. Punishable by up to 1 year in prison. Probably won't happen, but it is against the law.

If he did say "Keep looking, there's a bomb in there." or however he said it. Is that really a bomb threat? It could be but unless he's threatening to use it I wouldn't think so.

That would be a matter of guilt or not guilt. The charge would be fake bomb threat. My guess si that nothing really comes of it, but my larger concern is if he was drunk at the time. That's a big issue because its a pattern of behavior.
I am sure this is getting blow out of proportion. Those TSA guys are all dicks who think they are important. I deal with them all the time. They probably "randomly" selected him and he was like "wtf, not like I have a bomb on me or anything" and they took it out of context. This is all a bunch of s**t that the media has blow out of proportion because they are thirst for some sports news in the off season.

Originally posted by SportsFan:

Saying "bomb" in the airport is like yelling fire in a movie theatre. You can't do it and it will get you in trouble.

Say it wasn't Aldon but some other smuck. You overhear "bomb", would you want to go on the same plane as that guy?
Would you risk your life and your families life? Just cause he may or may not be serious.

At a time when people want to kill Americans, these things are taken seriously.

I agree that he'll get some citation for disturbing the peace after it's all settled down. But for him to be an as* hat to the ticket counter lady and other employees, he will deserve whatever he gets from this incident.
It's a good thing the Niners have chartered flights, because he's likely will be on the no-fly list and won't be flying commercial for a while after this.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

I know a crackhead that got arrested for throwing snowballs

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by buck:
L.A. District Attorney: No charges filed against Smith, yet

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/la-district-attorney-no-charges-filed-against-smith-yet

MM thinks the 49ers will pick up the fifth year. (in the video)

He isn't going anywhere, they'll pick up the 5th year option after his late April court date.

Exactly, we won't cut Culliver either. People get carried away. Anyways, If I'm the 49ers I pick up the option so we have him for 2014 and 2015. Towards the end of the 2015 season I would evaluate if he has changed, how high the market is and if Lemonier (or someone else) would be able to take over. Factor that in and if I am willing to sign him long term I start working on a deal towards the end of the 2015 season. I don't sign him long term before then even though it would be cheaper. If things are still rough we might just tag him for 2016 and possibly 2017 and then move on from him (trade or release). At worst I keep him for the 2 more years and go from there. I don't like what we have become; makes me miss the 2011 team but would be dumb to cut Culliver and Aldon.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 14, 2014 at 12:48 PM ]
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
How many charges can pile up for Aldon before he is suspended?

I would think a felony has to stick first in the legal system before Goodell would suspend. The NFL PA is a pretty powerful body and I don't think anything less than a Felony conviction would result in a significant suspension. I think the bomb threat can be pled down, I hope. The DUI can be pled down, I hope. The fact that he self suspended himself 5-ish games is also a consideration and on top of that he got help from a DUI clinic is a factor also. The NFL PA union will be the 49ers best friend in Cully and Aldon's case right now, and whoever else is going to be arrested. (I hope this is the end of it - Frankly I'm getting tired of these kinds of news stories).

So with any luck the union and the lawyers can save us from losing the criminals on our team. I feel soo much better.

How far gone do you have to be like Aldon to have DUI's and weapons charges, go to rehab and still think it's ok to mess round with airport security and use the word bomb? This is Aldon trying to be on his best behavior because he is already on his 3rd or 4th chance. Did he attend special ed classes?
Share 49ersWebzone