LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by English:
It is amazing to have BOTH! Just like old times, two serious pass rushers

Agreed. We really are lucky to have such a tandem. Not to mention Lemonz is showing great improvement. Carradine pretty much made a living eating up the edge at FSU. Onfe these guys develop will have the best rotation of pass rusherz in the league.
The bad man is back. Call me crazy, but it wouldn't surprise me if he caught fire and passed Mathis for the league lead in sacks by the time the year is done. I'm not saying he will do it, but if anyone can pull it off it's Aldon.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
he was definitely beasting last night. looked f**king massive next to bobby 3 sticks as he played with him like a rag doll too

That one took me a second lol
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
The bad man is back. Call me crazy, but it wouldn't surprise me if he caught fire and passed Mathis for the league lead in sacks by the time the year is done. I'm not saying he will do it, but if anyone can pull it off it's Aldon.

He can get about 12 sacks MAX. I don't wanna sound like a hater, but WAS o line is very suspect AT BEST.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by GorefullBore:

He can get about 12 sacks MAX. I don't wanna sound like a hater, but WAS o line is very suspect AT BEST.

i think he can match his rookie season total of 14. 7.5 in 5 games is about inline with his career pace.

yea but he wasn't going up against the washington o-line he was going up against a top 10 rated tackle this season in trent williams and he abused him.

how many more top 10 tackles is he going to face the rest of the year?
aldon smith is ok. Brooks is da man!!!!!!!!

Brooks has one good game, then he's average for 4 games.

Repeat process.

He's a good player, Aldon is an elite player.
Originally posted by Empire49:
Brooks has one good game, then he's average for 4 games.

Repeat process.

He's a good player, Aldon is an elite player.

No way, dude. Brooks has always been consistently good. But the past 3 games he's been AMAZING. 3 games in a row, starting with Carolina, he's been a beast.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
No way, dude. Brooks has always been consistently good. But the past 3 games he's been AMAZING. 3 games in a row, starting with Carolina, he's been a beast.

brooks has always been at worst good on his side of the field he just goes unheralded. he stops runs to that side, set the edge always tips passes always its just now he's getting sacks and sacks get you noticed. but he's done so many BIG things that don't get recognition.

when is the last time you saw brooks out of position in the last 3 years? i can't think of one.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Yeah Brooks has 5 sacks (should be 6 with the Brees sack), 1 FF, 1 Int in the last 3 games. I don't think anyone believes Brooks is a better pass rusher than Aldon, because he's not, but he's been beasting for several weeks now.

Originally posted by jonesadrian:

brooks has always been at worst good on his side of the field he just goes unheralded. he stops runs to that side, set the edge always tips passes always its just now he's getting sacks and sacks get you noticed. but he's done so many BIG things that don't get recognition.

when is the last time you saw brooks out of position in the last 3 years? i can't think of one.

Yup. He's almost never out of position. Dude just does his job and he does it very well. He just doesn't get the publicity that the others get.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
he was definitely beasting last night. looked f**king massive next to bobby 3 sticks as he played with him like a rag doll too

That one took me a second lol

I laughed hard when I read that
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

Yup. He's almost never out of position. Dude just does his job and he does it very well. He just doesn't get the publicity that the others get.

I don't know if he should either. I think Brooks' best attribute is his ability to set the edge on the SS. I was rewatching the Wash game. Wash ran it to the right over the TE but Brooks is so quick and strong he blows the TE back a couple of yards and completely pinchs the play off. It was an incredible football play. He was just doing his job though. I know that sounds dumb but if he wasn't setting the edge or dropping into coverage he wouldn't be doing the most fundamental assignments of his position. Its like with Aldon. Everyone basically ignores his poor reads and poor edge setting. Why? Because hes our sack machine and while we expect him to do the fundamental things we're willing to give him a pass if hes picking up 15 sacks a season. Within the scheme thats Smiths primary job and valuable asset he brings to the team. idk if he deserves praise or at the very least I don't think hes underapprexiated. I mean dude is making bank to set the edge and its no coincidence he makes more when he picks up 8+ sacks.
[ Edited by eonblue on Nov 30, 2013 at 3:26 PM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:
I don't know if he should either. I think Brooks' best attribute is his ability to set the edge on the SS. I was rewatching the Wash game. Wash ran it to the right over the TE but Brooks is so quick and strong he blows the TE back a couple of yards and completely pinchs the play off. It was an incredible football play. He was just doing his job though. I know that sounds dumb but if he wasn't setting the edge or dropping into coverage he wouldn't be doing the most fundamental assignments of his position. Its like with Aldon. Everyone basically ignores his poor reads and poor edge setting. Why? Because hes our sack machine and while we expect him to do the fundamental things we're willing to give him a pass if hes picking up 15 sacks a season. Within the scheme thats Smiths primary job and valuable asset he brings to the team. idk if he deserves praise or at the very least I don't think hes underapprexiated. I mean dude is making bank to set the edge and its no coincidence he makes more when he picks up 8+ sacks.

disagree with you on aldon
he does his job too he sets the edge

how many times did wash run those naked boot's to his side of the field assuming aldon would crash but he didn't

he was in position the entire game and i see that going forward as well

in fact as a result of him being in the right position on those flow action plays, it forced the qb into throwing an interception.. because of his discipline.
It was great to see Aldon back to his normal self . . . . on the field. He blew up plays.
Share 49ersWebzone