There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official Aldon Smith Thread

aldon just bought that baby cash
Originally posted by xela510:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
What's Aldon's son smoking?

a blunt

thats gangsta!!
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
aldon just bought that baby cash

Straight cash homie!
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
aldon just bought that baby cash
Originally posted by eonblue:
It was reported that protocol for DUI requires the arrestee remained detained for at least 5 hours and no more than 8. This procedure allows the alcohol to metabolize.so the police are not releasing an intoxicated person onto the streets.

Smith was released after an hour and forty minutes which means Smith was probably still over the limit at the time of his release. I find it hard to believe the sheriffs office releases offenders who could still be inebriated.

Its just not a smart practice, and I bet it's a practice that is rarely exercised.

Smith situations appears to be a special one though.

You're right though. Im sure it's not California law, but if these situations are handled a certain way internally than it should be handled the same way for everyone. And yet again it makes perfect sense to hold an intoxicated person in custody until the intoxicant wears off.


They do that because they don't know most people.
Someone like Aldon Smith, they already know, they know that he is not going to go hurt himself. He is an extremely well conditioned athlete who can probably take a drink better than most, and they know he's not going to go wandering around the streets trying to count to potato.

After almost no sleep and intoxication, Aldon was back at practice in a few hours and by all accounts, did not hurt anyone or go potato. Looks like the Sheriff's office knew what they were doing.

That five hour protocol is not a law, it's just a protocol to be extra cautious with most people, because they don't know who most people are.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
They do that because they don't know most people.
Someone like Aldon Smith, they already know, they know that he is not going to go hurt himself. He is an extremely well conditioned athlete who can probably take a drink better than most, and they know he's not going to go wandering around the streets trying to count to potato.

After almost no sleep and intoxication, Aldon was back at practice in a few hours and by all accounts, did not hurt anyone or go potato. Looks like the Sheriff's office knew what they were doing.

That five hour protocol is not a law, it's just a protocol to be extra cautious with most people, because they don't know who most people are.


Or maybe he had a ride.

The drink's already been taken.

Athletic conditioning doesn't really have anything to do with how your liver metabolizes alcohol. You could argue that the chemical environment of professional athletics makes it more likely for individuals to act out when intoxicated, and their athletic conditioning makes them more dangerous when they do so to themselves and others.

Anyway the sheriff's office probably did the bare professional minimum here because they didn't want to ruin the professional livelihood of a 23 year old. If it was any other 23 year old no one would begrudge that.

If he had a ride, there's no reason to suppose he would be a threat to public safety.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Nov 3, 2013 at 4:54 AM ]
Aldon was likely polite and cooperative. Antonio Bryant had a different experience if I recall correctly. Just not the same situations...Antonio was crazy, Aldon seems to have a drinking problem. I'm pretty sure the police did not give him back his keys and tell him to drive carefully! No doubt he had someone pick him up...probably an unlucky assistant coach or other 9er staff member.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Or maybe he had a ride.

The drink's already been taken.

Athletic conditioning doesn't really have anything to do with how your liver metabolizes alcohol. You could argue that the chemical environment of professional athletics makes it more likely for individuals to act out when intoxicated, and their athletic conditioning makes them more dangerous when they do so to themselves and others.

Anyway the sheriff's office probably did the bare professional minimum here because they didn't want to ruin the professional livelihood of a 23 year old. If it was any other 23 year old no one would begrudge that.

If he had a ride, there's no reason to suppose he would be a threat to public safety.

I'm not crying foul against the sheriffs office.

There's a protocol for a reason, and having a driver has nothing to do with it.

You wouldn't want to release an intoxicated person because they could potentially become unruly when released.

A DUI is a serious offense, and most people become incredibly emotional when facing the realization of their actions.

The waiting period is way of letting the arrested "sober up" and confront the issue with a clear head. No one can deal with an intoxicated person with that kind of authority a police officer can so it makes sense to detain the person for at least 5 hours.

This circumstance was probably irrelevant in Aldons case because he's not a degenerate who will cause a ruckus after released. He's a high profile athlete who at the time knew he just dug himself a rather large hole to climb out of.

My whole point was not to point out special treatment in Aldons case. I was trying to illustrate the idea that Aldon is not the victim of a witchhunt, and that the team, community, and courts have been more than helpful to him.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
The hands on Aldon's boy. Next Russell Wilson perhaps??

or next aldon smith don't discount his dad is tall lol

lol this.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by xela510:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
What's Aldon's son smoking?

a blunt

thats gangsta!!


Originally posted by AlohaBruh:
He cut his hair..... He's a changed man!

I honestly thought about that a few days ago. No way he goes to those court dates during the awkward stage of a jheri curl

Originally posted by YungAce:
I honestly thought about that a few days ago. No way he goes to those court dates during the awkward stage of a jheri curl


He needed to put that animal down anyway. It looked ridiculous.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Or maybe he had a ride.

The drink's already been taken.

Athletic conditioning doesn't really have anything to do with how your liver metabolizes alcohol. You could argue that the chemical environment of professional athletics makes it more likely for individuals to act out when intoxicated, and their athletic conditioning makes them more dangerous when they do so to themselves and others.

Anyway the sheriff's office probably did the bare professional minimum here because they didn't want to ruin the professional livelihood of a 23 year old. If it was any other 23 year old no one would begrudge that.

If he had a ride, there's no reason to suppose he would be a threat to public safety.

I'm not crying foul against the sheriffs office.

There's a protocol for a reason, and having a driver has nothing to do with it.

You wouldn't want to release an intoxicated person because they could potentially become unruly when released.

A DUI is a serious offense, and most people become incredibly emotional when facing the realization of their actions.

The waiting period is way of letting the arrested "sober up" and confront the issue with a clear head. No one can deal with an intoxicated person with that kind of authority a police officer can so it makes sense to detain the person for at least 5 hours.

This circumstance was probably irrelevant in Aldons case because he's not a degenerate who will cause a ruckus after released. He's a high profile athlete who at the time knew he just dug himself a rather large hole to climb out of.

My whole point was not to point out special treatment in Aldons case. I was trying to illustrate the idea that Aldon is not the victim of a witchhunt, and that the team, community, and courts have been more than helpful to him.

Potato.

You don't have to be held after a DUI.

I know multiple people who were released after getting a DUI in California, because they had a ride.

They'd rather send these people home then have them taking up room in their jail cells.

There's no protocol and that he is getting favoritism.

At all.

And this is coming from a guy who got a DUI and had the police call my gf to come pick me up and take my car home.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
aldon just bought that baby cash

Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by xela510:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
What's Aldon's son smoking?

a blunt

thats gangsta!!



Those parents should have their children taken away.