There are 161 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official Aldon Smith Thread

We definitely need Aldon Smith against explosive offenses. Our pass rush hasn't been good at all since he went to rehab. Yes, we bring some heat when we blitz, but look who we have played. Like someone said earlier, that will not work against the Brees of the world. Locker had a clean pocket for much of the game.

More importantly, hopefully Aldon is a changed man when he returns. One more strike and he may be gone for good.
There's a big drop off in pass rush since Aldon left. You can believe all the stats that you want, I'll believe what I see on gameday. There's times where QBs have soo much time to go through their reads without pressure before throwing the ball for the past couple of games. Lemonier is doing a fine job but he aint no Aldon Smith.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,593
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
There's a big drop off in pass rush since Aldon left. You can believe all the stats that you want, I'll believe what I see on gameday. There's times where QBs have soo much time to go through their reads without pressure before throwing the ball for the past couple of games. Lemonier is doing a fine job but he aint no Aldon Smith.
he is a more than decent replacement esp for a kid thrown in there ,, you will never find anyone to replace aldon,,, you can only find someone to fill his shoes the best they can, not hurt us, make some plays and if worse comes to worse,, succeed aldon
It is not about Lemonier replacing Aldon, just imagine him alongside Aldon. We could eventually run a line up of Smith-Smith-Carradine-Lemonier for pass rush situations. That would be deadly, but the future looks bright if Aldon could straighten out his act.
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
It is not about Lemonier replacing Aldon, just imagine him alongside Aldon. We could eventually run a line up of Smith-Smith-Carradine-Lemonier for pass rush situations. That would be deadly, but the future looks bright if Aldon could straighten out his act.

exactly. Lemonier needs to be giving Aldon/Brooks breathers. He has a lot of potential but i dont think he should be starting right now. Will probably be Brooks replacement down the line
Aldon back after the bye
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by xcfan:
tonite at 11 on nbc news there's an investigative report about aldon getting preferencial treatment from law enforcement.

Not preferential enough apparently lol

lol this
When he comes back I'm gonna have a big ole f**king cart of Pabst Blue waiting for him by his locker, with a f**king red, white, and gold bow.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
When he comes back I'm gonna have a big ole f**king cart of Pabst Blue waiting for him by his locker, with a f**king red, white, and gold bow.

That is very thoughtful of you
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/Did-49ers-Aldon-Smith-Receive-Preferential-Treatment-from-Santa-Clara-County-Sheriff-228676411.html

damn local media and cops hate this team lol
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/Did-49ers-Aldon-Smith-Receive-Preferential-Treatment-from-Santa-Clara-County-Sheriff-228676411.html

damn local media and cops hate this team lol


The county sheriff was correct in saying, "Aldon was a victim at that party, not a criminal". It's nice that the county sheriff understands what actually happened.
The fact that he possessed illegal weapons has ZERO to do with the party itself, where he was clearly a victim.

Aldon Smith's "reign of terror" of dangerously possessing rifles in his bedroom is the only snag in this whole overly dramatic farce.
  • IEAD
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 759
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/Did-49ers-Aldon-Smith-Receive-Preferential-Treatment-from-Santa-Clara-County-Sheriff-228676411.html

damn local media and cops hate this team lol

They hate sports, not just the team. Fckin smug ass transplant hipsters.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/Did-49ers-Aldon-Smith-Receive-Preferential-Treatment-from-Santa-Clara-County-Sheriff-228676411.html

damn local media and cops hate this team lol


The county sheriff was correct in saying, "Aldon was a victim at that party, not a criminal". It's nice that the county sheriff understands what actually happened.
The fact that he possessed illegal weapons has ZERO to do with the party itself, where he was clearly a victim.

Aldon Smith's "reign of terror" of dangerously possessing rifles in his bedroom is the only snag in this whole overly dramatic farce.

Pretty much. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember hearing Aldon's "illegal" weapons would be legal in California if he made slight modifications to them. It had close to nothing to do with the effectiveness of the weapon, mostly just the aesthetics. Like one of his weapons would have been legal if the lower mechanism was from a specific manufacturer. Some BS like that.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Pretty much. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember hearing Aldon's "illegal" weapons would be legal in California if he made slight modifications to them. It had close to nothing to do with the effectiveness of the weapon, mostly just the aesthetics. Like one of his weapons would have been legal if the lower mechanism was from a specific manufacturer. Some BS like that.


I have a friend who knows all those gun laws inside and out. That sounds about right. The gun laws in California are about as bizarre, confusing and as ridiculous as it gets.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Oct 22, 2013 at 1:25 AM ]
does aldon still have more sacks than everyone else on the team? Ya, we need him back BAD! QB's are just sitting back there waiting for someone to get open.