LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
told u guys. after the bye, he be back.
He's going to come back on fire
  • Liono
To reach 6-2 after all our issues, then get Manningham, Crabtree and Smith back will be huge!
Originally posted by Liono:
To reach 6-2 after all our issues, then get Manningham, Crabtree and Smith back will be huge!

Yeah we are going to be ready for that super bowl run.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Liono:

Yeah we are going to be ready for that super bowl run.

Yeah, now we know what we have in our quality defensive depth, now we know how to substitute in the playoffs, taking the edge off of the d-lineman, something that cost us a lot in the Superbowl.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I hope he doesn't decided to stay at in-patient. He can still do all his rehab in out-patient and still return to the team.
I am done with Aldon and I mean it. If he comes back all ready to play with his head on straight, that's great. But I am going to assume nothing. He has more issues that a stint in rehab can't help and some that can. I just want him to act like a man and not try to fill some image of a ghetto goblin with a bunch of money. He is too good to throw his life away on stupid mistakes, yet so many are so good at doing it.

I really hope that he "got it" while out and doesn't go back to anything that could hurt the team or himself, but until he proves otherwise, I am good without him.
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
I am done with Aldon and I mean it. If he comes back all ready to play with his head on straight, that's great. But I am going to assume nothing. He has more issues that a stint in rehab can't help and some that can. I just want him to act like a man and not try to fill some image of a ghetto goblin with a bunch of money. He is too good to throw his life away on stupid mistakes, yet so many are so good at doing it.

I really hope that he "got it" while out and doesn't go back to anything that could hurt the team or himself, but until he proves otherwise, I am good without him.

you will be loving him again after his first sack back
Has there been any word on his return?
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
LOL, Adam Schefter (not that that schmuck is the end all be all) said that the 49ers are "moving forward" as if Aldon is done for the season.

Originally posted by FL9er:
LOL, Adam Schefter (not that that schmuck is the end all be all) said that the 49ers are "moving forward" as if Aldon is done for the season.

smart move and only move really. he has no timeline, they'd be foolish to apporach it in any other matter
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
told u guys. after the bye, he be back.

his words
are salt
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

gotta link? cause i heard differently on KNBR around noon.
Originally posted by boast:

gotta link? cause i heard differently on KNBR around noon.

That's the type of thing coaches love to say.

Are you preparing for Jake Locker, even though he is listed as questionable?
Coach speak: "We don't worry about the injury report, unless he is out. We assume that Locker is going to start in the upcoming game."

Coaches ALWAYS assume the worst. That way, they are prepared for it. If Aldon comes back, it is a bonus.
They didn't know one way or another, so they just say, "We're preparing as if he's not coming back", because its "officially" a question mark, but in reality, he's coming back in a few weeks.
Share 49ersWebzone