LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 210 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Great pass rusher. I just wish he wasn't such a brainless idiot. His decision making is horrific. Grow up.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Great pass rusher. I just wish he wasn't such a brainless idiot. His decision making is horrific. Grow up.

to be fair, he hasnt had any issues since that party.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

to be fair, he hasnt had any issues since that party.

He was all issues when we first brought him in. It was like every week something. And it was never his fault. Like car goes off the road and "it was a deer." He has slowed down the chaos but there is still a lot of growing up to do.
He was all issues when we first brought him in. It was like every week something. And it was never his fault. Like car goes off the road and "it was a deer." He has slowed down the chaos but there is still a lot of growing up to do.

Typical Diego post.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Funny how this guy suing Aldon and Delanie has ZERO interest in going after the people who actually shot him. Just go after the guys with the largest bank accounts and claim they're responsible.

I don't buy his story at all. Remember, Aldon was stabbed at this party. If he really was armed and shooting his gun in the air, I find it highly implausible anyone would approach him and stab him.

It was at his property. I wonder what the laws are when someone gets injured on your property. Like, if one of my boys' friends comes over and gets hurt in my yard. I thought their were some consequences on the owner in that sort of situation.

Won't miss a game, but may end up owing a few million. Good for the 49ers because he will now have to play for an even bigger paycheck.

Home owners insurance.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
It was at his property. I wonder what the laws are when someone gets injured on your property. Like, if one of my boys' friends comes over and gets hurt in my yard. I thought their were some consequences on the owner in that sort of situation.

Won't miss a game, but may end up owing a few million. Good for the 49ers because he will now have to play for an even bigger paycheck.

That is an extreme stretch. If he tripped on something maybe. But getting shot by a few criminals having nothing to do with aldon, I don't how they can sue(and win) that suit.
I think they can win the suit. It happened at his house and IF he knew of the gang members there with the weapons they carried he put the other people in danger. He should of had security there to check people for weapons before coming into his house. If he did that and people fired from outside of his property and shot someone on his property then I don't think he would have to pay.

I just hope he doesn't get suppended by the NFL if he is charged for his weapons.
This is all so weird! Im from Missouri and have watched Aldon basically grow up. He never did anything bad or weird or even out of the ordinary. He was just a small town kid who wanted to play ball. ive seen many of his high school games and all his college games. He even played with a broken leg. I have know idea what hes doing. Why he is even owning assault rifles. Its just outside the realm of his personality. What more does he have to do to understand , this isnt the small towns in Missouri where we are from anymore. Its not rocket science. Its one thing after another with him the last couple years.
Originally posted by saj4423:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

That is an extreme stretch. If he tripped on something maybe. But getting shot by a few criminals having nothing to do with aldon, I don't how they can sue(and win) that suit.
I think they can win the suit. It happened at his house and IF he knew of the gang members there with the weapons they carried he put the other people in danger. He should of had security there to check people for weapons before coming into his house. If he did that and people fired from outside of his property and shot someone on his property then I don't think he would have to pay.

I just hope he doesn't get suppended by the NFL if he is charged for his weapons.

He had a cover charge and charged for drinks...That means anyone could have showed up..like a bar/Lounge.

unless he doesn't have a license for the gun..he should be ok
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 6, 2013 at 8:06 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He thinks he's a super hero, he's out of control.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 6, 2013 at 8:09 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
He thinks he's a super hero, he's out of control.

like his hair!!

Wonder if his contract extension just took a hit or at least added escape clauses because of this.
Originally posted by saj4423:

It sounds like a bunch of heresay to me, how are these parasites gonna prove that Aldon knew about these gang bangers being armed?

There are three classes of visitors to another's property under tort law, which define the duty of care owed to each. The three classes are invitees, licensees, and trespassers. Invitees are persons who are invited to a property as part of the general public or to conduct business there, and they are generally owed the highest duty of care. Licensees are those permitted to be on one's property even though it is not open to the public, such as if someone visits your home. Obviously trespassers do not have authorization to be on one's property and they are owed the lowest duty of care. In this case, because people were being charged money to enter a party, it seems as if they would be considered invitees, and they would be owed the highest duty of care, which includes inspecting and making sure the property is reasonably safe and warning the invitees of any possible hazards. The argument here would be made that Aldon didn't make sure the property was safe as he negligently allowed armed persons to enter his property which created a hazard to others. Of course we don't know of the actual facts of the case, and of whether or not the plaintiffs in the lawsuit were themselves armed or were involved at all in the scuffle that took place there. But I imagine that this case, just like the vast majority of civil lawsuits, will be settled out of court.
  • buck
  • Veteran
The possible criminal charges and the two civil lawsuits are from a party that took place a year ago.

I am going to assume that Aldon Smith has learned his lesson.

With a little luck and some good sense, his future with the team will not be at risk.

But, there is no denying that his house party was an idiotic idea.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Wonder if his contract extension just took a hit

No. See: Michael Vick, Ray Lewis, Albert Haynesworth, etc.
Share 49ersWebzone