There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official Aldon Smith Thread

Damn kids!

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_24015642/49ers-aldon-smith-faces-possible-criminal-charges
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,385
he's got rifles that require a non-removable magazine, but his rifles are not in compliance with the law; the magazines are removable. he went to arizona to buy them. if you know these rifles, then you know all about the magazine issue in california. it's pretty obvious he is guilty. he knew what he was doing. it's a stupid law, that pisses off every cali gun owner, but we know there's big trouble for you if you choose to break the law. it's clear as day what the legal issues are with these rifles, and anybody looking to buy them will learn about the issues and the law. aldon knew. aldon broke the law. the DA can chose to be an hardass on this issue if he likes because he has a strong enough case against aldon. i wouldn't take it lightly. he could do time if they take the hardass route.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,611
Originally posted by xcfan:
he's got rifles that require a non-removable magazine, but his rifles are not in compliance with the law; the magazines are removable. he went to arizona to buy them. if you know these rifles, then you know all about the magazine issue in california. it's pretty obvious he is guilty. he knew what he was doing. it's a stupid law, that pisses off every cali gun owner, but we know there's big trouble for you if you choose to break the law. it's clear as day what the legal issues are with these rifles, and anybody looking to buy them will learn about the issues and the law. aldon knew. aldon broke the law. the DA can chose to be an hardass on this issue if he likes because he has a strong enough case against aldon. i wouldn't take it lightly. he could do time if they take the hardass route.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

In this case, the charge, if filed, could be a felony or misdemeanor.

It has been over a year and charges have not been filed. My guess is that it is more complicated than is readily apparent.

But, it is hard to deny that Aldon made a stupid move or series of stupid moves.
[ Edited by buck on Sep 5, 2013 at 9:19 AM ]
Originally posted by buck:
It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

In this case, the charge, if filed, could be a felony or misdemeanor.

It has been over a year and charges have not been filed. My guess is that it is more complicated than is readily apparent.

But, it is hard to deny that Aldon made a stupid move or series of stupid moves.

It's a crappy case for everyone involved. The article says that it might not hold up very well in front of a jury and wind up being a big waste of time and money. And lets be realisitic, there may even be some people on the case who have a little bias towards the team and know what it could mean - especially if it was an honest (still ridiculous) mistake on Aldon's part not to modify his guns.
Most of us are assuming this is just a case of a guy wanting a payday, but what if Aldon does have some culpability here. Just because he's a 9'er doesn't automatically make him innocent. I sure as hell don't want to lose him, even if it's for a short period, but, I'm also tired of seeing celebrities, sports, entertainment or otherwise, getting away with $h!t. Look at Manziel's joke of a penalty! Heck, Brooks dodged a bullet too (no pun intended). I pray this is just some trumped up BS, but if it's not............
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Most of us are assuming this is just a case of a guy wanting a payday, but what if Aldon does have some culpability here. Just because he's a 9'er doesn't automatically make him innocent. I sure as hell don't want to lose him, even if it's for a short period, but, I'm also tired of seeing celebrities, sports, entertainment or otherwise, getting away with $h!t. Look at Manziel's joke of a penalty! Heck, Brooks dodged a bullet too (no pun intended). I pray this is just some trumped up BS, but if it's not............

Aldon will get it worse than most just because he is a celebrity. This thing will be dramatized and talked about over and over again. Here we are a year and a half and look at the headlines. This would not happen to us. This is in play only because it is Aldon. I think nothing of it unless charges are filed. Just some bum looking to get paid and there is no risk from Aldon to society at large no more than from the rest of us. He seems to have learned from this and have gotten his head on straight
I understand how the news cycle works, but if the DA wants to charge him...just do it. Otherwise, don't talk about it until something meaningful happens.
Meanwhile, this distraction certainly doesn't help the 49ers.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
I understand how the news cycle works, but if the DA wants to charge him...just do it. Otherwise, don't talk about it until something meaningful happens.
Meanwhile, this distraction certainly doesn't help the 49ers.

No kidding.
After the constant PED and Seadderal jokes the last few months, I'd like to ask assuming this lawsuit has basis: Which is worse...getting stabbed and discharging an illegal firearm in city limits while intoxicated... Getting drunk and hitting a teammate over the head with a beer bottle.....or failing to get league clearance to take a medication that was prescribed to you by a doctor? Besides Lynch's DUI and Moffit's public urination, nothing is worse or as violent up here with the team.

And just for the record, I hope the allegations are completely untrue. I'm a Hawks fan but I would hate to see an elite talent like Aldon Smith live in the shadow of something as stupid as firing shots in the air at a house party while drunk.
pay off everyone. Money buys ANYTHING.

#paythemyorks
Originally posted by DrHawkingThe12th:
After the constant PED and Seadderal jokes the last few months, I'd like to ask assuming this lawsuit has basis: Which is worse...getting stabbed and discharging an illegal firearm in city limits while intoxicated... Getting drunk and hitting a teammate over the head with a beer bottle.....or failing to get league clearance to take a medication that was prescribed to you by a doctor? Besides Lynch's DUI and Moffit's public urination, nothing is worse or as violent up here with the team.

And just for the record, I hope the allegations are completely untrue. I'm a Hawks fan but I would hate to see an elite talent like Aldon Smith live in the shadow of something as stupid as firing shots in the air at a house party while drunk.
Crimes are worse than cheating but it has nothing to do with football.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,874
Albondigas
[ Edited by teeohh on Sep 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM ]
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by DrHawkingThe12th:
After the constant PED and Seadderal jokes the last few months, I'd like to ask assuming this lawsuit has basis: Which is worse...getting stabbed and discharging an illegal firearm in city limits while intoxicated... Getting drunk and hitting a teammate over the head with a beer bottle.....or failing to get league clearance to take a medication that was prescribed to you by a doctor? Besides Lynch's DUI and Moffit's public urination, nothing is worse or as violent up here with the team.

And just for the record, I hope the allegations are completely untrue. I'm a Hawks fan but I would hate to see an elite talent like Aldon Smith live in the shadow of something as stupid as firing shots in the air at a house party while drunk.
no1curr


This.
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Sep 5, 2013 at 11:39 AM ]
Aldon got a little bit of Hernandez in him. This is very troubling. Why can't he just stay out of trouble and play ball?
Originally posted by DrHawkingThe12th:
After the constant PED and Seadderal jokes the last few months, I'd like to ask assuming this lawsuit has basis: Which is worse...getting stabbed and discharging an illegal firearm in city limits while intoxicated... Getting drunk and hitting a teammate over the head with a beer bottle.....or failing to get league clearance to take a medication that was prescribed to you by a doctor? Besides Lynch's DUI and Moffit's public urination, nothing is worse or as violent up here with the team.

And just for the record, I hope the allegations are completely untrue. I'm a Hawks fan but I would hate to see an elite talent like Aldon Smith live in the shadow of something as stupid as firing shots in the air at a house party while drunk.

I hate it when 49ers are alleged or even convicted of breaking any law because I remember our greatest teams being full of classy individuals and I feel that's how 49ers should act.
Allright DR Hawk, do you love the game of football and if so how do u feel about the players of your team knowingly taking an unknown substance to get an unfair advantage which inturn cheapens the game and makes your coach look like a joke every time he talks about competition.