LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 301 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Whosgotitbetter:
This. Expectations are thru the roof for him to come back and make our defense elite. Not so sure its gonna happen right away.

This defense is already a Top 5 defense without him when guys are healthy, all they need him to do is provide some added QB pressure, even if he's not at top notch performance, he's still a better pass rusher than anyone else on this team.

Yeah, we'll ease him back into his first game back as a situational pass rusher like he was as a rookie.
If he's allowed back early, part of me wants to say the reason he was suspended anywhere near the amount of time he was, was to make sure he wasn't able to play against Peyton
Originally posted by swayze:
If he's allowed back early, part of me wants to say the reason he was suspended anywhere near the amount of time he was, was to make sure he wasn't able to play against Peyton

This was actually something I threw around the moment the suspension was announced. I thought Goodell wanted to protect Manning + Brees, but now that the Saints suck ass, Brees is out of the light. Goodell needs us, he needs the California money, cause nobody gives a f**k about the Chargers.
Brooks, lynch, aldon on the field together would be nice. I wanna see Brooks move inside kick Borland out. Especially after seeing Hilman completely run him over today. That was a sickening sight.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,100 for simplyfloyd.
Not that it will matter much, unless he comes back and gets 7 sacks in the first 2 games...
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by Whosgotitbetter:
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Anybody else have concern he might not be that good when he comes back? Or is it just assumed he is going to be a monster just walking on the field?

This. Expectations are thru the roof for him to come back and make our defense elite. Not so sure its gonna happen right away.

Aldon is a beast will still end up with 10 sacks
He will command attention when he lines up. He'll get double and possilbe triple teamed and thats going to free up Brooks and J. Smith. Aldon's return should be a huge boost to an already good defense. Can't wait!!
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Not that it will matter much, unless he comes back and gets 7 sacks in the first 2 games...

You are right. He is probably just going to get six sacks.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by swayze:

This was actually something I threw around the moment the suspension was announced. I thought Goodell wanted to protect Manning + Brees, but now that the Saints suck ass, Brees is out of the light. Goodell needs us, he needs the California money, cause nobody gives a f**k about the Chargers.

I hope the owners get rid of Goodell soon.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Florio making sh*t up again. http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dfbkh
Baalke also claimed that he didn't know anything about the length of Aldon's initial suspension. This was untruthful, because after the 9-game suspension was announced, it was revealed that, behind the scenes, the team knew about this for some time, because the team/Aldon had already went through an appeals process to try to get it reduced.

If there's truth to the rumor, it doesn't do Baalke any good to acknowledge that he's aware of the possibility. It's best for him to just play coy and let the process play out. It's sorta like how Seattle came out and said, "hey, Percy is going to be unleashed as a deep threat moving forward" and then 12 hours later he was traded and a New York Jet.

I'm certainly not holding my breath that Aldon's suspension will be reduced (especially if it's coming from Florio), but Baalke shooting down the rumor means next to nothing to me.
[ Edited by theduke85 on Oct 20, 2014 at 7:06 AM ]
Just building our hopes up, then they'll suspend him for the whe season along with Ray Mac.

^ kidding
It's my own personal conspiracy theory but I think Goodell didn't want Aldon playing in this game. He knew Aldon would destroy Peyton. I also think he'll wait the full 9 weeks too. Goodell doesn't want Brees getting blown up either. It's crazy, I know, but the league goes out of its way to protect about 4 QBs in this league.
Originally posted by CityKing415:
Brooks, lynch, aldon on the field together would be nice. I wanna see Brooks move inside kick Borland out. Especially after seeing Hilman completely run him over today. That was a sickening sight.

Yup, and Hilman is their undersized speed back.

Of course, Hilman had built up momentum and Borland was scraping to the hole, but that was still sad and ugly.
Aldon was suspended for 5 games last year. He did suspended for 9 games this year. Wtf!!.. If he will get suspended again next year?
I think Aldon is going to turn into the Water Boy and see Goodell's face in every opposing QB and unleash hell on them
Share 49ersWebzone