LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by communist:
i dont think that we will line up aldon and lynch at the same time very often. way too apparent AND to vulnerable against the run.

We'll see. Brooks isn't that good so far.
i dont think that we will line up aldon and lynch at the same time very often. way too apparent AND to vulnerable against the run.

Lynch has been awesome against the run. He is on fire.

Aldon has developed into an excellent run defender as well.
Aldon and Lynch can rule; together......

Forever.

not really. aldon is the best olb we have in run defense. and lynch is getting better every week.

the pass rushing cannot be denied
One bright side to Aldon's stupidity has been Lynch getting plenty of playing time. If Brooks wasn't making so much and didn't have such a high cap hit I'd be ok with going with Lynch next year. I can see Lynch taking over for Brooks after next season. Extend Aldon long term, have Brooks take a pay cut... Lynch and Aldon are the OLBs of the future... Lemonier wont make it more than through next season at this rate. Skuta possibly could be re-signed. I'd like to draft another pass rushing OLB after this year. Lynch will be our new version of Brooks only hopefully smarter. He can bat down passes, he's big enough to play the run well in due time, hopefully he will be a more consistent pass rusher and get less penalties.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 5, 2014 at 6:00 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
One bright side to Aldon's stupidity has been Lynch getting plenty of playing time. If Brooks wasn't making so much and didn't have such a high cap hit I'd be ok with going with Lynch next year. I can see Lynch taking over for Brooks after next season. Extend Aldon long term, have Brooks take a pay cut... Lynch and Aldon are the OLBs of the future... Lemonier wont make it more than through next season at this rate. Skuta possibly could be re-signed. I'd like to draft another pass rushing OLB after this year. Lynch will be our new version of Brooks only hopefully smarter. He can bat down passes, he's big enough to play the run well in due time, hopefully he will be a more consistent pass rusher and get less penalties.

I agreed. We should to Brooks take a pay cut. He is too fat and too slow. He is not improve our team.. He is idiot for penalty and dumb because he don't pressure for nothing a helpless and nothing a win for us.
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Oct 5, 2014 at 6:14 PM ]
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I agreed. We should to Brooks take a pay cut. He is too fat and too slow. He is not improve our team.. He is idiot for penalty and dumb because he don't pressure for nothing a helpless and nothing a win for us.

Brooks has been terrible. How many QB pressures does he have while being single blocked against a RT?
Originally posted by dhp318:

Brooks has been terrible. How many QB pressures does he have while being single blocked against a RT?

I look at him and I see a guy who did not grind in the off season.. He's nothing more than a fcuking jobber at this point. I have no tolerance for lazy over paid bums like Brooks who are not pulling their weight. Let him go.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
5 down, 4 to go

The dog is coming!! I'm just going to say 5 weeks to include the bye. The league better enjoy the month of October. And good luck to those last 7 victims on our schedule, having to block Justin Smth, Aldon Smith, and possibly Aaron Lynch at the same time on plays.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:

It's going to be a track meet to the QB when Aldon and Lynch play on the Nickel D. I can't wait for them to Feast on Russell Midget.

Does the bye week count toward the total number of games Aldon is suspended?
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Does the bye week count toward the total number of games Aldon is suspended?

Nope. He gets to sit out NINE full games, because he was suspended.

You have to hold out from the team to get the paid vacation.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Nope. He gets to sit out NINE full games, because he was suspended.

You have to hold out from the team to get the paid vacation.

Lol shots fired.
Originally posted by Giedi:
It's going to be a track meet to the QB when Aldon and Lynch play on the Nickel D. I can't wait for them to Feast on Russell Midget.

I'm wondering if on their base nickel both would be starters? Seems like Fangio loves his vets and Brooks would be opposite to Aldon.
Originally posted by 9erTilDeath:
Originally posted by dhp318:

I look at him and I see a guy who did not grind in the off season.. He's nothing more than a fcuking jobber at this point. I have no tolerance for lazy over paid bums like Brooks who are not pulling their weight. Let him go.

Really disappointed in Brooks. With Bowman injured and Aldon's suspension, we needed him to step up more than ever this year and he's been a complete let down.

That said, I think he'll improve as the season goes on: he'll inevitably shed some flab, improve his conditioning (it's a long season) plus Aldon coming back will take some of the pressure off him. Still SMH.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Oct 6, 2014 at 8:40 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone