I expect to be no worse than 7-2 when he comes back
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by diablo:
he beat his GF 4.5 times?

no, ray rice beat up his gf once, while aldon smith did 4 or 5 dumb things

4 or 5 dumb things?

1) Reckless Driving
2) Misdemeanor Gun charge (legal in state of purchase)
3) DUI

That's three things along with a voluntary 5 games to attend rehab to correct the behavioral problem (alcohol abuse). But no, violently attacking a female is wayyyyy better if you only get busted once for it.

4) whatever happened at that party

5) the airport incident

i said this earlier in this thread. i think rice should have gotten a couple of more games. but it was also his 1st offence and before that he was seen a publicly a good guy, a guy the league promoted. aldon is the opposite, he has had incidents almost since the start of his career. a guy with multiple incidents is going going to have roger come down harder on them. its not right, but you can sell ray rice as a guy who made 1 mistake and is truly sorry for it. you cant exactly do that with aldon.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Aldon gonna be fresh for the playoff run.

Bow and Dorsey could possibly be coming in around then too. Just means that Kap and the offense need to carry the load for the first half of the year.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Thx bro! Both Aldon and the team will be fired up from this and having him there watching working inspiring pushing motivating and having that reciprocated back to him ... Whew! We should all be excited right now. Against all odds! Just as Harbaugh wants it! I'm telling you guys this will be the catalyst. When Bow and Aldon return with something to prove .. Look out! You just watch how we work. Take it game by game. Opponent by opponent. Home and away we bring it!

And to the battlefield we go!!!
[ Edited by jeepzilla on Aug 29, 2014 at 3:39 PM ]
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by Antix:
The number 9 is pissing me off now. Why an odd number? Why not 8 or 10?

The commissioner needs to be replaced by a committee. It doesn't make sense that a guy can just arbitrarily hand out punishment. If he was consistent it'd be one thing, but he just throws at a dart board to get a number.

I think given what has transpired 4-6 woulda been fine even if he didn't count the rehab. Would a been harsh but not insane. But for him to get a penalty worse than RR with no precedent is ridiculous. He is a straight up dictator.

Absolute TRUTH.

Agree 100%. The system is faulty and prone to one man's "feelings" at that particular moment. Seriously, judging by these suspensions, Goodell goes through massive mood swings and bases his rulings off those. This is unacceptable. Time for a committee to handle these issues.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

The commissioner needs to be replaced by a committee. It doesn't make sense that a guy can just arbitrarily hand out punishment. If he was consistent it'd be one thing, but he just throws at a dart board to get a number.

I think given what has transpired 4-6 woulda been fine even if he didn't count the rehab. Would a been harsh but not insane. But for him to get a penalty worse than RR with no precedent is ridiculous. He is a straight up dictator.

9 because 10 would be too much and 8 would mean that Aldon would be back in time to destroy Brees.

Yep, the only reason it's a weird number like 9 is so Aldon doesn't play at NO. Goodell has shown just how transparent he is after today, so there's no reason to believe otherwise.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Aldon probably f**ked his wife. only explanation.
4 or 5 dumb things?

1) Reckless Driving
2) Misdemeanor Gun charge (legal in state of purchase)
3) DUI

That's three things along with a voluntary 5 games to attend rehab to correct the behavioral problem (alcohol abuse). But no, violently attacking a female is wayyyyy better if you only get busted once for it.

This. I seriously do not understand the logic behind all this. A player can directly and purposely commit an act of violence against another, but get off easy because he only did it once? This is crazy.
Originally posted by TyCore:
I wonder what Ray Rice has to say about all this.

Not directed at you...but I couldn't give a f**k what that lucky piece of s**t thinks. He is about the lowest of the low in my eyes. If there was karmic justice he will be leaving his ACL on the field on his first carry after his joke of a suspension. I don't know how the ravens have the pull they do in the league office but they sure as hell seem to get a lot of undeserved breaks.
If THIS doesn't put Aldon on the straight and narrow - nothing will

Originally posted by SofaKing:
All we ask is for the punishments to fit the crime. Goodell's rulings make no sense. Not just in the Aldon case, but most cases especially recently.

Let's say the fine for jay-walking is $1 million. If someone jaywalks and gets caught, you can call him an idiot. He knew the rules and penalty blah, blah, blah. That doesn't make the punishment any less absurd.

Obviously this. The 9 game suspension is ridiculous for a non violent offense and not violating the substance abuse policy. Goodell is a fec*in IDIOT and it has nothing to do with whether Aldon is immature and did things wrong which he did. I can't get over that dirtbag goodell.
Originally posted by 5280High:
On the bright side... we may get Chase Thomas to stick around for 9 games. I know allot of zoners were hoping for a way for him to make the 53, Smith being gone longer than anticipated could swing the decision in his favor if it was still up for debate in 53man discussions.

Yeah, I see Chase Thomas on the 53, and Aaron Lynch active on game days.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

9 because 10 would be too much and 8 would mean that Aldon would be back in time to destroy Brees.

Yep, the only reason it's a weird number like 9 is so Aldon doesn't play at NO. Goodell has shown just how transparent he is after today, so there's no reason to believe otherwise.

i know that's why I'm pissed! Its so f**king obvious. Nobody in any sport is ever suspended for an odd amount of games. b******t. f**kin Brees getting the NFL to bail his p***y ass out AGAIN!
lol, way to stay positive.

It's too bad that it's coming down during a time that he's completely healthy and dominating fools. Be nice for him to get suspended when he's got a high ankle sprain or something.

Hopefully we see Lynch develop more, get some opportunities along with Lemonier so by the time Aldon returns, the 49ers have pass rushers out the wazoo.

The main games that worry me are Denver, Philly and N.O, all high octane offenses where pass rush is vital.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Pure hyperbole. Would have set an otherworldly precedent. There are other players around the league (Brandon Marshall and Marshawn Lynch come to mind) who have similar and extensive records as repeat offenders to personal conduct and substance abuse policy. Both player COMBINED did not get 9 games suspension. I'm sorry, but the ruling is absurd. Goodell is simply picking and choosing his favorites, and who he wants to use as an example.

Originally posted by jreff22:
They said his rehab had 0 impact on the ruling.

And this.

I disagree.

Most of Brandon Marshall's legal issues were several years ago. NFL didn't used to suspend players a whole lot back then. Same with Lynch. He has a DUI in 2012...and that's it. His other incident (hit and run) was in 2008.

The reason that changed was because there were too many players who were gettin' arrested on a weekly basis and something had to be done. NFL had a serious problem. I remember when I used to visit PFT back then - they used to have a counter of how many days without an arrest involving a NFL player. It hardly used to hit double digits lol.

In Aldon's case - his incidents have been frequent and 3 serious incidents in 2 years.

DUI in 2012
3 felony counts of illegal possession of an assault weapon from an incident in 2012 (the most serious one)
Driving under the influence and possession of pot in 2013

...and then the embarrassing dumb airport incident in 2014.

Had he gotten suspended for a year last year after his 3rd incident in 2 years - it would not have been over the top.
Share 49ersWebzone