LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
I wonder if this guy makes it all the way through training camp with no more DUI's, stabbings or shootings?.....

Once, one of my true favorites... I will wait. I am hopeful and patient.

I like the guy but he needs to make dramatically better choices. His "friends" are all gangsters. And at 22 he has the maturity level of 15. So yeah I'm concerned about him. They need to keep a close watch on him.

... and the painful truth is......... I don't disagree a bit with u on this.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I wonder if this guy makes it all the way through training camp with no more DUI's, stabbings or shootings?.....
he gets sacks so it does not matter how many times he gets picked up drunk or how many stab wounds he accumulates. Guess you missed the memo on that
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Serves him right for what?

uh, for getting a d.u.i, which is a big deal, despite what some of the kids around here think, for learning nothing from it , for putting himself in a bad spot with the party which lead to his stabbing. it deserves him right for making some stupid choices and please,, i am not in the camp where we have to give him a break cuz he is 21 and rich, he is a man, he should know what expecations there are of him as a 49er. If he does not then I blame the coach. i know that is illegal to many who drink the coaches bathwater but that is how i see it.
"I've never seen where a victim gets called out."

~Justin Smith
So ready to see what Aldon can do on the field full time this season! Hope for a great season from him and the defense.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
So ready to see what Aldon can do on the field full time this season! Hope for a great season from him and the defense.
i agree ten fold. yes i am mad at him but i will give him a third chance!i am always on my high horse about moving forward. i am doing that aldon starting today
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Once, one of my true favorites... I will wait. I am hopeful and patient.

I like the guy but he needs to make dramatically better choices. His "friends" are all gangsters. And at 22 he has the maturity level of 15. So yeah I'm concerned about him. They need to keep a close watch on him.

Were his friends involved? I heard it was party crashers. U know. Friend of a friend of a friend who has gamgster friends who tag along.

Who knows though. Hopefully it was a wake up call. He could have died.
We have plenty of tacklers, we haven't had a gifted pass rusher in a long time. he should continue to be a dedicated pass rusher to keep him sharp, no?
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
We have plenty of tacklers, we haven't had a gifted pass rusher in a long time. he should continue to be a dedicated pass rusher to keep him sharp, no?

If ain't broke don't fix it
Aldon is difficult to double team because he has this move where he moves quickly along the LOS and then submarines in when he's got an opening. He's in there in two shakes.

any word on how long he might be out? Ive been looking every where.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

its a bruise if it were reglar season he would be fine in a couple of days

but we may hold him off next week and in practice
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN Aldon Smith leaves locker room with the assistance of two canes.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Jed York was thrilled to see him jog back onto the field (sidelines) from the locker room during his interview.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Jed York was thrilled to see him jog back onto the field (sidelines) from the locker room during his interview.

He's 22, he can probably grow a new hip in a few days
Share 49ersWebzone