There are 187 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by TlSSER:
This is what probably may happen if 49ers don't re-sign Aldon Smith.

He becomes a free agent and then signs with the Seattle Seahawks.

That would be so ugh
I would quit life

That would be so ugh

Haley went to the Cowboys

Rice played for the Raiders and And the Shehawks.

Life goes on.
Can the hawks even afford Aldon?
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

That would be so ugh
I would quit life

This is my #1 fear, and everyone on here knows that Seattle will sign in within 24 hours of being a free agent.
Methinks the media is blowing this whole thing out of proportion and pressuring the niners to part ways with him.

Remember the first defensive series of the playobff game against the Seahawks? Tell me what happened?
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Apr 19, 2014 at 1:54 PM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
can't wait for these stupid airport incident charges to drop so everyone can stfu.

This
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Methinks the media is blowing this whole thing out of proportion and pressuring the niners to part ways with him.

Remember the first defensive series of the playobff game against the Seahawks? Tell me what happened?

Aldon smith chased down russel wilson in the open field, stripped it, and recovered it. The trifecta!

We must keep him he is one of the best players in the entire NFL. We would be outright insane to let him walk due to petty off the field junk.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
NO WAY the league ignores this.
Purely hypothetical here, but it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that Aldon is suspended and we start the year without Bowman and Aldon.

Kap is going to have the elevate the team. Turnover in the backfield an possibly missing Aldon and the D MVP. I think there's a good chance they start off as a shadow of themselves.

I agree... I believe the true piece of the puzzle is in Keps ability to step to that final level of good to excellent. Im in no way saying he sould play like any other QB but the way he was designed to play the game. His first year he played was by far the best he's played period. He was coo... collective and made passes that was instinctive. For a while last year it seemed to me that Kap was second questioning himself or trying to hard and alot of time in any sport our own worst enemy is ourselves. Kap needs to get back to his roots and just play. We can add player after player but if Kap will get over this final hump and play at his full potential then every player on the offence will excel because of his leadership...
O yeah, Kap, dude seriously humble yourself man, your off the field issues are embarrassing yourself and even us as fans....
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

That would be so ugh
I would quit life

With what cap room?

They're up against the cap right now and they haven't even signed Sherman, Thomas, Wagner, and Wilson to the monster deals they will command.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Apr 19, 2014 at 4:17 PM ]
Losing Aldon Smith will set this franchise back a few years
After the niners lost Haley they took a step back to the cowboys.
Then we got another dynamic player in deon!
Then lost him and again we took the back seat.
Lets not do it again

Baltien,, I like your thought of getting Willis AND Bowman to sit the kid down, then mentor him, closely , for the rest of the season. Hell, pay them half a yrs salary extra,each,to see that aldon stays clean, doesn't even think a stupid thot, and then let the cards fall where they may. A baby sitter...nope, big jer proved that failed with pac man. Get two of our best guys to hang with him, like it or not, and see if that takes. If not, how do you tap into the head of a 25 yr old with 18 yr old social mentality? I also see Jed taking part in this as a sit down:

"Aldon, you are risking throwing your God given talents away by DUIs, guns going off, and airport encounters. You keep that up the $9 mil you are making per yr will never happen, you will have no income, because you can easily get banned for a yr, and try hard enough and that could be life. Think about it Aldon, being prevented from doing the one thing you love best...playing foot ball, legally knocking someone to the ground. You keep this up and you will never be able to do that again. Is that what you really want , or do you want guys around you like Bowman, Patrick, cowboy ? "

I don't know, but instead of just bailing out, I would hope the F.O. goes to and thru every machination out there, every single permeation and combination to keep Aldon. To do otherwise would be foolish as has been proven before. Getting to him? Man , that is the $64 question.

Lastly, I asked earlier if there is any precedent in the NFL for someone breaking the law (DUI), then admitting himself to rehab thus missing 6 games...the question is in a situation where the player has already served a 6 game suspension, how does the commish rule? eg, if aldo gets an 8 game suspension, does he get credit for the 6 already missed. That sure would seem a fair way to do it...but does any one know? I couldn't find anything, but am sure this has happened before.
I believe Goodell said the 5 games would be credited to any possible suspension. Also think if it's alcohol related, it's NFI.
[ Edited by 49er_Rider on Apr 19, 2014 at 5:12 PM ]
Everyone needs to relax. Aldon Smith will end up playing 14 years all with the Niners
Originally posted by jreff22:
Can the hawks even afford Aldon?

No chance. They need to pay Wilson, Thomas and Sherman. There is no way they would be able to sign a top tier player at the price he will command. Even with his legal issues, a team will pay him a LOT of money if we don't make a move to retain him. Seattle won't be in the running unless Aldon wants to get back at us for not keeping him and signs with them on the cheap.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Aldon smith chased down russel wilson in the open field, stripped it, and recovered it. The trifecta!

We must keep him he is one of the best players in the entire NFL. We would be outright insane to let him walk due to petty off the field junk.

I just remember the 4 plays after that.....smh.
Share 49ersWebzone