LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 354 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Mort

"I dont think 49ers will release him, they can always put the transition tag on him, they view him as a person that just needs to mature"

Pretty sure every other franchise thinks that too
Makes sense to me.

Me too. As stupid as the things he's done are, they haven't been done with some criminal or malicious intent. Dude just needs some better common sense and to mature more.
You have to pick up that option. That gives you some flexibility to trade him if you don't want to sign Aldon long term.
Maiocco has an article on CSN Bay Area saying the same s*** I've been preaching. I would link it but I am on mobile. It would be both an indictment on Baalke and bad business!. He said things I've said in so many words! We will all know what's up may 3! Even Florio says no decision is made yet according to his "sources".
Originally posted by Disp:
Me too. As stupid as the things he's done are, they haven't been done with some criminal or malicious intent. Dude just needs some better common sense and to mature more.

Yes and we are not business idiots either! I can't believe some of the s*** the bay area media spews! Some of you folk tried to warn me. LOL!
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Apr 18, 2014 at 11:41 AM ]
The question for Aldon that the Niners need to identify is this....A) Is he a dude who just has demons that will forever haunt him? Sure, he will go through periods of good stretches but ultimately, the demons catch up to him and he self destructs. Or B) is he a guy who is just doing dumb stuff because of immaturity and he will eventually realize the errors of his ways and straighten up. If it's A you just let him go, you can't pay someone 8-12 Million a year and then just sit back and pray he doesn't screw up and get suspended. If it's B you take your time and sign him.

I'm hoping it's B, because that's a Cris Carter situation. A guy who did a lot of dumb stuff in his youth and was mature enough to get himself together and turn himself into a Hall of Famer.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Maiocco has an article on CSN Bay Area saying the same s*** I've been preaching. I would link it but I am on mobile. It would be both an indictment on Baalke and bad business!. He said things I've said in so many words! We will all know what's up may 3! Even Florio says no decision is made yet according to his "sources".
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/if-49ers-decline-option-smith-baalkes-2011-draft-takes-hit

If we don't pick up that option. Kaep, Aldon, Hunter, Culliver, Crabtree and Iupati will all be free agents. That's a huge chunk of talent.

Kaep obviously will get the franchise tag. But that will hurt our cap flexibility.
Originally posted by SFrush:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/if-49ers-decline-option-smith-baalkes-2011-draft-takes-hit

If we don't pick up that option. Kaep, Aldon, Hunter, Culliver, Crabtree and Iupati will all be free agents. That's a huge chunk of talent.

Kaep obviously will get the franchise tag. But that will hurt our cap flexibility.

we're going to get extensions done for Kaep, Crabs and Hunter before FA comes for sure IMO. Aldon's option will be picked up and as long as he doesn't continue this crap through 2015 he'll be a Niner, if Culliver plays well this year, same with him.
Originally posted by matt49er:
we're going to get extensions done for Kaep, Crabs and Hunter before FA comes for sure IMO. Aldon's option will be picked up and as long as he doesn't continue this crap through 2015 he'll be a Niner, if Culliver plays well this year, same with him.
Crabtree's agent can be unreasonable in negotiations. I'm expecting him to test the market.
[ Edited by SFrush on Apr 18, 2014 at 1:41 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:
Of course you're not sure. How could you be sure? Their working model is to keep building through the draft and developing their own players. IMO, the key is whether or not Kaepernick will develop into a top-five elite QB. Teams that are contenders from year to year almost always have a great QB and a great HC. Other key positions change over the years, but that is the common denominator.

The window for Harbaugh as our coach might be closing as well. The offseason has been rough in the front office. It appears there is a lot of friction between the major players.

The sky is falling again?
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
The window for Harbaugh as our coach might be closing as well. The offseason has been rough in the front office. It appears there is a lot of friction between the major players.

friction where between the major players? where is it?
Originally posted by crake49:
Of course you're not sure. How could you be sure? Their working model is to keep building through the draft and developing their own players. IMO, the key is whether or not Kaepernick will develop into a top-five elite QB. Teams that are contenders from year to year almost always have a great QB and a great HC. Other key positions change over the years, but that is the common denominator.

I would question it as a Baalke NOT a Harbaugh issue Aldon, AJ Jenkins, Culliver have been Baalke picks on the football field the players can play and are well coached
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

friction where between the major players? where is it?

I swear this what the Webzone gets for just handing out these Hall of Fame BS... now posters think they can just spread even MORE BS, just because they feel their little gold letters give them credibility.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Crabtree's agent can unreasonable in negotiations. I'm expecting him to test the market.

I really think that after the draft we will see a flurry of moves. Some vets will get extended/restructured that will help with cap room guys like Gore, J.Smith, Brooks, Ray Mac are all candidates (among others) then we will see some minor extensions to guys like Hunter, Boone, Dorsey before big deals for Kaepernick and Crabtree whose deals I think are pretty much tied together. Once that's done we'll see Harbaugh get his deal. When all is said and done at the end of this off season, this teams stock will rise and all this off season BS will be a thing of the past.
Share 49ersWebzone